GDT: PS Game 3: Colorado Avalanche @ Minnesota Wild | 4:00pm MT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is a classic situation where the Avs gonna go winless in preseason with 0 PP goals only to come out in regular season game 1, win it and go 3 for 4 on PP or something like that

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Conor Timmins looked like an NHL veteran in that game. Not a journeyman either. He looked like a guy that’s been quarterbacking a team for years. I wasn’t drinking the Timmins koolaid like everyone else but I’m now a believer. The poise. I’m beyond impressed right now.

Kamenev will be waived 12pm eastern time tomorrow. He done.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Timmins should absolutely be on the Avs roster come regular season. He's as ready as can be

Reactions: missionAvs

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Timmins was the best player for the Avs. Compher, Connauton, and Kaut looked decent too. Burakovsky looked disappointing. I expected Francouz to be better but he didn't get much help tonight.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Guess Byram is going back then, even though there is no benefit to it since he's already thrashed the WHL. Too late to enroll him in college somewhere?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I wasn't fully paying attention, but from what I saw, Timmins was the only skater that should be in the NHL

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Conor Timmins looked like an NHL veteran in that game. Not a journeyman either. He looked like a guy that’s been quarterbacking a team for years. I wasn’t drinking the Timmins koolaid like everyone else but I’m now a believer. The poise. I’m beyond impressed right now.

Kamenev will be waived 12pm eastern time tomorrow. He done.

The way he reads the game he actually reminds me of someone he was playing against.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
not watching the game but I'm shocked at how many of you are surprised at how good Timmins is. I mean ya he's been hurt for a while but the guy didnt forget how to play hockey. if he's healthy he's a great player. Then again, I've never been on the Timmins worry train with how careful they've been with him so maybe I can't relate

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Opening night defence with EJ in

Girard-Makar
Zadorov-Timmins
Coconut-EJ
Graves

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Live look at me right now as a Kamenev supporter.

:baghead:

The jinx is a real thing.

:laugh: I dont believe in jinx's or karma

The thing is, Timmins is a smart player who doesn't put himself in positions for bad hits really. He got caught one time and I doubt you see it again. I really think he's going to be healthy going forward and we've got ourselves a Top pairing Dman in the makings.

He just does everything so well. Earlier on in the game it was his fantastic defensive work and ability to win board battles that you could see. And then in the 3rd when we needed offense he makes a fantastic behind the back pass instead of dumping it in to keep possession and set up an offensive opportunity, and 30 seconds later he does it himself by making Foligno look like a fool, walking around him and sniping it short side.

Tonight he showed off pretty much everything we saw from him in the World Juniors 2 years ago. Only he did it against basically an NHL team in the Wild, while playing with basically an ECHL team in the rest of the Avs. And, he did it in just his 2nd real game of hockey in over a year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Missed like half of the game, but saw the third...

- Timmins, Megna, and Tynan were best players I thought and it wasn't close to the rest. Timmins was MOTM easily.

- Compher has done that blind backhand pass to nobody at the point like six times now. He really needs to cut that from his system.

- Bednar did his definition of insanity today going 0 for 8 on the powerplay yet kept the same personnel on there. Lol, I really hope a reporter asks something like this during the post game because it's nonsense.

- Good bounce back game for Graves I thought.

- Thought Kaut, Bowers, and Lewis had good moments out there even though you can see they're not quite ready yet.

- Not sure what there is to say about the rest of the team. Kamenev was dreadful, Burakovsky is only a product, Greer is still beyond inconsistent, and Connauton had both good and very bad moments.

- Honestly, from the rest of the players I think Nichushkin was the only passable bloke out there. Hopefully we see more cuts that involve Lindholm, Dries, and others.

Yeah Kamenev isn't an NHLer
I am still quite shocked our fanbase picked him in the top 10 for our summer rankings.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Missed like half of the game, but saw the third...

- Timmins, Megna, and Tynan were best players I thought and it wasn't close to the rest. Timmins was MOTM easily.

- Compher has done that blind backhand pass to nobody at the point like six times now. He really needs to cut that from his system.

- Bednar did his definition of insanity today going 0 for 8 on the powerplay yet kept the same personnel on there. Lol, I really hope a reporter asks something like this during the post game because it's nonsense.

- Good bounce back game for Graves I thought.

- Thought Kaut, Bowers, and Lewis had good moments out there even though you can see they're not quite ready yet.

- Not sure what there is to say about the rest of the team. Kamenev was dreadful, Burakovsky is only a product, Greer is still beyond inconsistent, and Connauton had both good and very bad moments.

- Honestly, from the rest of the players I think Nichushkin was the only passable bloke out there. Hopefully we see more cuts that involve Lindholm, Dries, and others.

I am still quite shocked our fanbase picked him in the top 10 for our summer rankings.

Then how shocked are you at where he gets ranked by MSM for our prospect rankings lol?

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Looks like it's gonna be a battle for the 6th and 7th spot between Coconut, Graves and Rosen until Ian Cole comes back.

My money is on KC for the 6th spot as he's the most polished and has the most NHL experience.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Then how shocked are you at where he gets ranked by MSM for our prospect rankings lol?
MSM? You taking about Pronman type of rankings? If so, my rebuttal is Eastcoasters who don't stay up for the games. For the record Kamenev is a much better player than how he preformed tonight, but the best case is that he's bottom 6 player and no bottom 6er deserves to be in the top 10 of any ranking IMHO. That and he needs to play good if he wants a spot because our depth has increased by tenfold and he's going to be lost within it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad