GDT: PS Game #1A| Washington at FLYERS (split squad) |Mon., Sep. 22, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Based on everything Hextall has said since becoming GM ( I know they're only words right now) I highly doubt it. But yes, I don't know, you don't know, nobody here knows for sure besides management, so there's really no point in debating it. Everyone can have their own belief.

Hextall was pretty blunt in this interview:

Were you OK with resigning MacDonald for example? Moves like that?

“Yeah. We needed to resign him.â€

Into the amount of money and so forth?

“Yeah. That’s what the market dictated. Quite honestly, his agent kept saying he might have got more. He might have. He’s a good player. He’s a young player and when you look, you talk about a vision moving forward, you start to do your boxes with your defense and Andrew’s right in there with our young guys, as an older guy in two or three years. That’s the type of vision that you have to have and you have to plan like that.

So Andrew MacDonald’s going to be a big part of this team moving forward. Did we love the cap number? No. We would have liked to have been a little lower, but in the end if I was his agent I could have probably said it should have been a little higher. Which typically, if neither side’s real happy with the deal, you probably got a fair deal.â€
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/5/7/5691946/ron-hextall-press-conference-transcript-flyers

It's likely Hextall was directly involved since he mentions statements by AMac's agent.

It was probably all Snider, though.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
One extra year shouldn't matter for a 28 year old... but it does make it a little hard to swallow. Especially if you were like me and didn't think the Flyers should go over 4 years, $18 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad