Post-Game Talk: PS 5 - Washington 5 BRUINS 4

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am not big on the "urgency" thing as I think hockey players usually give an honest effort and play to the level of their talent. However, this team does not seem to be trying terribly hard. The question is why. I think it is a combination of a lack of speed with which to do what needs be done, and unfortunately, a lack of belief.
Montgomery still comes in for serious criticism as he has made zero adjustments from what I can see. The formations and type of breakouts seem exactly the same to me. I have seen a bit of one man forecheck, which makes perfect sense for this slow team, but I do not see it often, nor do I see organization behind it.
"We got trouble right here in river city...."

Reactions: Gordoff

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
mcacoy is the guy im watching this year.
he has to step it up.
his game 7 last year was prob worst ive seen from a bruin.

im happy ullmark looked solid from what i watched.
who is this megma guy?
he looked pretty good out there. looks like he could be a good 3rd 4th liner
Judging by the preseason his PP game has not changed, his shot is still wild, fumbles the puck, if he shoots he takes only a wrister.
With Bergeron and Bertuzzi no longer on the team, the PP time will be only pass, pass, pass eventually to Pasta's one timer. Every team knows that the Bruins have nobody with a heavy and accurate slapshot from the blue line when it's the PP time.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I am not big on the "urgency" thing as I think hockey players usually give an honest effort and play to the level of their talent. However, this team does not seem to be trying terribly hard. The question is why. I think it is a combination of a lack of speed with which to do what needs be done, and unfortunately, a lack of belief.
Montgomery still comes in for serious criticism as he has made zero adjustments from what I can see. The formations and type of breakouts seem exactly the same to me. I have seen a bit of one man forecheck, which makes perfect sense for this slow team, but I do not see it often, nor do I see organization behind it.
"We got trouble right here in river city...."
A lot hinges on Montgomery's ability to evolve right now. He was given the makings of a championship team last year, this year, not so much. But he still has talented players who can do some damage. He needs to go beyond the hyperbole of his ra-ra speeches and figure out how to make changes to the way this team does several things (like coming out of our zone). He's got a team now that's very different from the team that he had a year ago, or even 5 months ago.
Maybe we're watching the players too much, but not watching what he's doing to adapt what he has to the job at hand (making the playoffs without their bread and butter (PB & DK). A lot of scrutiny will be on him from the front office and if doesn't have them clicking by January, Monty may end up out.
He'll definitely be out if they miss the playoffs by even a few points IMO. He's the one, the most important one, the lynchpin and if he fails they all do. If I'm Sweeney I keep a close eye on Monty and every decision that he makes.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
A lot hinges on Montgomery's ability to evolve right now. He was given the makings of a championship team last year, this year, not so much. But he still has talented players who can do some damage. He needs to go beyond the hyperbole of his ra-ra speeches and figure out how to make changes to the way this team does several things (like coming out of our zone). He's got a team now that's very different from the team that he had a year ago, or even 5 months ago.
Maybe we're watching the players too much, but not watching what he's doing to adapt what he has to the job at hand (making the playoffs without their bread and butter (PB & DK). A lot of scrutiny will be on him from the front office and if doesn't have them clicking by January, Monty may end up out.
He'll definitely be out if they miss the playoffs by even a few points IMO. He's the one, the most important one, the lynchpin and if he fails they all do. If I'm Sweeney I keep a close eye on Monty and every decision that he makes.
There’s no way Montgomery is fired if they miss the playoffs by a few points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad