Post-Game Talk: PS 5 - Washington 5 BRUINS 4

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I’m sure it probably won’t happen but I would go with this. Exciting team to watch with low expectations. I think the expectation should be just to make the playoffs. Rather play the kids instead of some slugs and get the same results.

JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko
Boqvist

Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-McAvoy
Gryz-Forbort
Mitchell

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A few opinions with the preseason all but over...

Poitras - It's very close, but I think he proceeds to a 9 game tryout. Everything is there except strength. He got outmuscled a lot last night when he went up against genuine NHL players, but man does he fight and battle. Skill and hockey sense are not even a question. FWIW, I would understand and support a decision to return him to the OHL now.

Lohrei - I want him on the Bruins, but for depth preservation purposes, I would start him in Providence. Usually there is an injury sooner rather than later. One way or the other I;d have him in Boston by Thanksgiving.

Mitchell - I wouldn't waive him. Maybe give Shattenkirk the start, but with a real short rope. This guy looked good and plays with fire.

Beecher - Absolutely the 4th line center with Lauko and Lucic. Not question about this one for me.

Heinen - If Poitras makes the team, carry him on the PTO until an injury opens up a spot. If Poitras is returned, I like Heinen on the third line with Geekie and Frederic. I think he outplayed Boqvist.

Zboril - It's a crossroads for sure. I am ok waiving him though. He just can't seem to put it all together on a consistent basis.

I don't care what happens with Brown and Greer
This to me is excellent summation deserves more than like from me

Since the Flyers are rebuilding and just saw Mitchell twice I am them I grab him - gotta look at who he’d bump but I would seriously be on him

Toronto another team he would look good on based on their firepower and his game

Lohrei is 22 and coming from Ohio State where he had access to elite training facility

He looks ready to me especially on a loaded D with Lindholm, Carlo, McAvoy, and Grzelcyk where he can be shielded a bit not that he needs if

Agree on Heinen - he can move around and play with talent - 13 points 15 games with Bergeron & Marchand

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I never took mine out of my pocket / I forgot my iPhone had to turn around about at Kowloon go home to get it since I had tickets on it and traffic was a bitch going back home and coming back. -didn’t get inside till almost game time and no one infront of us at entrance and no one asked for anything

In restrospect should have just come in gone to box office and shown ID
I forgot my phone once and wasn't about to drive back to NH. I went to the box office and they printed me a ticket.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m sure it probably won’t happen but I would go with this. Exciting team to watch with low expectations. I think the expectation should be just to make the playoffs. Rather play the kids instead of some slugs and get the same results.

JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko
Boqvist

Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-McAvoy
Gryz-Forbort
Mitchell
This is pretty much what I’m getting from friends - Heinen over Boqvist & forbort dealt and 6-7 D is Shattenkirk/Mitchell

I forgot my phone once and wasn't about to drive back to NH. I went to the box office and hey printed me a ticket.
I forgot my physical tickets for game 6 Finals Vancouver 2011 walked over to box office - they just gave me a slip and I was in within a minute with yute - I knew from going there so long the employees and they chatted with yute and boom - in

Reactions: pemulis

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
A few opinions with the preseason all but over...

Poitras - It's very close, but I think he proceeds to a 9 game tryout. Everything is there except strength. He got outmuscled a lot last night when he went up against genuine NHL players, but man does he fight and battle. Skill and hockey sense are not even a question. FWIW, I would understand and support a decision to return him to the OHL now.

Lohrei - I want him on the Bruins, but for depth preservation purposes, I would start him in Providence. Usually there is an injury sooner rather than later. One way or the other I;d have him in Boston by Thanksgiving.

Mitchell - I wouldn't waive him. Maybe give Shattenkirk the start, but with a real short rope. This guy looked good and plays with fire.

Beecher - Absolutely the 4th line center with Lauko and Lucic. Not question about this one for me.

Heinen - If Poitras makes the team, carry him on the PTO until an injury opens up a spot. If Poitras is returned, I like Heinen on the third line with Geekie and Frederic. I think he outplayed Boqvist.

Zboril - It's a crossroads for sure. I am ok waiving him though. He just can't seem to put it all together on a consistent basis.

I don't care what happens with Brown and Greer

I'm not sure they can carry Heinen on a PTO. Once the pre-season is over they'd need to make a decision if they are going to sign him or not.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'm not sure they can carry Heinen on a PTO. Once the pre-season is over they'd need to make a decision if they are going to sign him or not.

The Bruins carried Gagne on a PTO until almost January from what I recall. Not sure if the CBA was changed, but it's been done before.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Zboril was very good
Agree with most of your notes, but thought Zboril looked lost out there. Few bad plays going after an already covered guy leaving a guy wide open in front of the net. Lots of bad coverage. Definitely not as slick as he looked last preseason.

Seems like a guy that could use some playing time in Providence given he's barely played much hockey the past 2-3 seasons and just chills in the pressbox most of the time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Is Looch reborn in Boston?

Shattenkirk looked terrible.

Thought Ullmark looked sluggish early on. Not much chance on Wilson's goal from the slot but he was waving at it after it hit the net.

Was hoping for more out of Frederic & Zboril.

Beecher showed off his wheels a couple of times.

Poitras may be the answer to the big question.

Heinen was very good. Broke up one play where he was the only Bruin in the slot in front of Ullmark. Not exactly the wingers assignment.

Monty was pretty short with his answers after the game. Yes, pre-season doesn't count and we mainly look at what the young players do. But from a coaches view that was one shitty performance from the team.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I get that it's a bad look for Pasta on that play. But I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a preseason play. He was caught out there on the end of his shift to do something most forwards would have issues with during the season where it counts more.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Won't happen but I prefer:

G 35\1 ( Might have to split 50\50 because #35 is going to be peppered more and I worry he'll get injured because of it).

D 73,28, 25, 6, 48, 12, Mitchell, Forbort (Can't they get rid of this guy, can't be waived right?)

F 21, 18, 88, 63, 51, 74, 43,13, Geekie, 17, 19, Lauko, 26 (sent down probably as I type this)

Waive Steen, Boqvist, Brown (He will be on roster), Zboril and Greer ( Think he will be on roster).

Haven't crunched the $$ on this group and maybe slightly over cap.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Won't happen but I prefer:

G 35\1 ( Might have to split 50\50 because #35 is going to be peppered more and I worry he'll get injured because of it).

D 73,28, 25, 6, 48, 12, Mitchell, Forbort (Can't they get rid of this guy, can't be waived right?)

F 21, 18, 88, 63, 51, 74, 43,13, Geekie, 17, 19, Lauko, 26 (sent down probably as I type this)

Waive Steen, Boqvist, Brown (He will be on roster), Zboril and Greer ( Think he will be on roster).

Haven't crunched the $$ on this group and maybe slightly over cap.
What are you trading Frederic for?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Guys you darn well know that come the regular season, Monty is never putting Poitras at 2C and Coyle at 3C.

Poitras line getting outshot 1-9 and hemmed in all night is more of what he cares about. He's gonna put mature bodies in those big minute spots. Coyle is in the top 6, the end. And since Zacha is too, the only question to me is if Monty can make a 3rd line with Poitras that makes sense, or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad