Post-Game Talk: PS#5 Flyers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Work some kinks out, throw Lindberg, Klein, and Hank in the mix, and I think I really like this team

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I thought the best part of that whole scene was when that moron Simmonds went to hit Kreids and bounced right off of him! LOL

Kreids didn't like the hit that Gudas laid on Stepan and almost immediately smoked Umberger. If the Flyers had laid off we would have had the only penalty. Even so we were down by a goal---but it's an exhibition--might as well get some payback. I like the irony of events as they played out in this one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He scored a goal. That should theoretically put him in the HOF in your eyes lol

It was a nice goal :handclap:

Yeah, that blind drop-pass to a Flyer was amazing ;)

Like I've always said with defensemen, I forgive one or two mistakes if you're using the puck to drive possession which Girardi did tonight.

I grew up with Brian Leetch and that was his game, and that's becoming the game in general now, I feel.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Raanta was pretty good but for whatever reason I don't feel that secure with him in there. I know he's not Lundqvist but he always looks kind of shaky to me. Maybe his style?

Anyways, great comeback tonight. I'd like to thank our 0 for 6 power play that made the overtime drama possible. :nod:

I think we've just been spoiled by Talbot so Raanta is coming in to some big shoes. With Talbot, I sometimes felt better than having Hank in, especially because the team played so tight in front of him.

Indeed...the PP was out of this world...

JerseyRangers*

BTW in the 3rd, on the pk, McI showed what many had been saying about him in Hartford. He outmuscled two Flyboys for the puck in the corner and moved it up the boards. Picked up by McD and this led to a 2-1.

Boyle and Diaz don't make the play. They get outmuscled for the puck which ends up in the slot for a scoring chance.

IF he keeps getting better and better Klein will be history before the trade deadline.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It was a nice goal :handclap:

Like I've always said with defensemen, I forgive one or two mistakes if you're using the puck to drive possession which Girardi did tonight.

I grew up with Brian Leetch and that was his game, and that's becoming the game in general now, I feel.

I was just joking. Girardi had a good game. That Yandle goal though...

I cannot believe I just saw a defenseman score with a wrister, top-shelf, on a penalty-shot in 3-on-3 OT... This will never ever happen again

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yandle was also so good tonight. Like I said earlier, when he has the puck behind the net it's like you're waiting for the show to start.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think we've just been spoiled by Talbot so Raanta is coming in to some big shoes. With Talbot, I sometimes felt better than having Hank in, especially because the team played so tight in front of him.

Indeed...the PP was out of this world...

Talbot played a very relaxed looking game when he was on top of things. Just smooth, no wasted movement, etc. In some ways he looked more solid and relaxed than Lundqvist, just was his style

Raanta seems a bit more active/reactive and all but that doesn't make him a worse goalie necessarily.

Wolfy*

A couple of things they need to deal with..

1. PP sucks
2. Very undisciplined, stay out of the box.

Kreider was there tonight, did some great things, but also a typical braindead one when he didn't let go of that stick. I hope that part of him disappears.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yandle was also so good tonight. Like I said earlier, when he has the puck behind the net it's like you're waiting for the show to start.

yeah he was great - I think he had his hand minor injured too at least the puck hit him - I hope it`s nothing serious. :)

member 116805

anyone got a link to the advanced stats for tonights game. forget which site was doing preseason games.

ditto. would love if someone would post those after every game in the post game thread :)

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Talbot played a very relaxed looking game when he was on top of things. Just smooth, no wasted movement, etc. In some ways he looked more solid and relaxed than Lundqvist, just was his style

Raanta seems a bit more active/reactive and all but that doesn't make him a worse goalie necessarily.

That's what I meant--his stye is very calm, cool, and collected. Hank plays similarly, and the team played very well in front of Talbot.

Raanta has athleticism and, you're right, he's a very active goaltender. The problem is moving that much can take you out of position quickly, so hopefully Allaire works with him on getting to the right place quickly.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
D. Boyle had some mistakes tonight though.

Boyle just sometimes seems to kinda drift off into space and not notice what he's doing with the puck. That's not the first time I've seen him just left the puck drift off his stick and wiff on a pass because he's not paying attention

I also might need to see the replay but I still think that's a cheap penalty on Kreider for hitting Umberger. Umberger turns his back to Kreider who's about to lay into him and I'm damn tired of players doing that

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Again, now that it's over, I was there and McI stood out in a great way, Staal in a bad way.

McI looks more and more like the real deal every game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Does anyone really think McIlrath hasn't earned a spot? He looks so confident out there, making smart plays with the puck, wrecked a few guys with big hits. I really like what I see from him, his progress in the last 18 months is crazy good. He look so steady out there, when every shift with Diaz is an adventure. I like Diaz as a strict #7, but McIlrath is ready for a top 6 role. He may not get it because of the guys we have, but he looks like he's ready.

Gudas is a punk, going knee to knee with Stepan like that. Then he's in the box complaining about the later call against him, after he RKO'd Nash. Literally grabbed his head and pulled him backwards down to the ice hard. I wonder if they would expect Girardi to get a penalty if he did that to Giroux?

Then Kreider lays out Umberger, then Simmonds skates all the way across the ice full speed and hits Kreider and Kreider barely budges, Simmonds almost falls down. Kreider is an animal. Then he scores the GTG.

Yandle with the snipe. Raanta was solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad