Post-Game Talk: PS#5 Flyers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That was fun. I laughed after Kreider nailed Umberger. Simmonds went nuts and we wound up with a power play and then later Kreider ties the game and then Yandle with the penalty shot overtime winner.

Anyway Etem wasn't great but he was better. McIlrath--another solid performance--some nice hits as well. The most NHL like roster he's faced in the preseason.

Stalberg has been stirring the pot a bit. I don't think Boyle had the greatest game. Miller looks really good in the preseason though. He's made some nice plays in the games he's played.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every Ranger was a positive possession player tonight except Marc Staal. Every Flyer was negative except Wayne Simmonds. Domination.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like all 4 trended upwards, or at least didn't trend downwards.

Pulling for McI. Have been on miller bandwagon since last year. Was surprised by Hayes last year and hope he continues. And really don't know how to feel about Etem but anything positive from him would be awesome!

Team is definitely start to gel together, pretty much everyone besides Boyle and maybe Stoll had a good game.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
That was fun. I laughed after Kreider nailed Umberger. Simmonds went nuts and we wound up with a power play and then later Kreider ties the game and then Yandle with the penalty shot overtime winner.

Anyway Etem wasn't great but he was better. McIlrath--another solid performance--some nice hits as well. The most NHL like roster he's faced in the preseason.

Stalberg has been stirring the pot a bit. I don't think Boyle had the greatest game. Miller looks really good in the preseason though. He's made some nice plays in the games he's played.
I thought the best part of that whole scene was when that moron Simmonds went to hit Kreids and bounced right off of him! LOL

JerseyRangers*

I missed the game.

How did Mci look?

How did Etem look?

How did Miller look?

How did Hayes look?

1. Strong game. He's ready to play

2. So, so. Needs more consistency.

3. Pretty good.

4. Hope he's not really engaged cause if this is what we get this season its not going to be pretty.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
N40yxzu.gif

LGR! :handclap:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I missed the game.

How did Mci look?

Great. Did what he has been doing what hes been doing all preseason. Made a few really great break out passes that led to good chances for.

How did Etem look?

Better. Still not where he needs to be but he didn't totally suck tonight.

How did Miller look?

Very good. I've wanted Nash back with Stepan for a while now and these lines should be given a look for at least a little bit.

How did Hayes look?

Still off but he was in the middle of some stuff today so thats good, but also channeled Ryan Callahan with some really dumb no look passes.

Answers in bold.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I've crossed Stalberg off my list and left Etem. I think if we work with him a little, we might get something out of him. Stalberg has left me totally unimpressed after tonight.

You can argue that McIlrath played better than Girardi, Staal, and Boyle (latter of whom was godawful). Very responsible in our zone and made the right decisions. Don't think he will ever get to be a 'very good' NHL player but certainly good enough to make the team.

Raanta was pretty good but for whatever reason I don't feel that secure with him in there. I know he's not Lundqvist but he always looks kind of shaky to me. Maybe his style?

Anyways, great comeback tonight. I'd like to thank our 0 for 6 power play that made the overtime drama possible. :nod:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So great to win over flyers! :)
I don`t care if it`s pre season, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland