Post-Game Talk: PS #5 - 10/04/16 | RANGERS @ islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Pirri's looked better defensively here than he has elsewhere in his career. He's still prone to floating backchecks and missing his assignment, but he's minimized those efforts so far. The one thing he, and the rest of this damn team needs to do, is keep their sticks down on the ice; specifically you, JT Miller.

Otherwise, I've loved the effort he's brought so far. He should be firmly entrenched on Hayes's RW, with Vesey opposite on the LW.

Miller-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Zibs-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Pirri
Grabner-Jooris-Fast

Sue me, but move Zucc for a dman.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We have a few solid offensive preseason games and people think we can score against real teams without Zuccarello.

That's gone so well in the past. I would move literally any forward before him.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
We have a few solid offensive preseason games and people think we can score against real teams without Zuccarello.

That's gone so well in the past. I would move literally any forward before him.

we'd also be preventing additional goals if Zucc was in fact moved for someone say Trouba.

I'm not saying Pirri can replace him, but by committee (Pirri, Vesey, Buch, Zib) the team could withstand losing Zucc as long as the back end was seriously bolstered

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would move Fast. Gerbe, Grabner, and Jooris can move into the top 9 for a night or two if they have to and not be absolute black death. Fast, not so much.

Plus, AV thinks Fast is a part-time top-sixer which is dangerous, and we're managing to protect ourselves against the coach at this point.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
if a deal can be made built around zuc and fast and perhaps mcilrath or skjei, those 4 names, i do it for whichever young damn that package returns.

the time has come to realize this defense just isn't good enough 1-7 with any of the guys weve seen so far.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The thing is, I'm not exactly keen to dish out a big package for a big defenseman so AV can play Girardi ahead of him.

It'll just be Yandle again.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The thing is, I'm not exactly keen to dish out a big package for a big defenseman so AV can play Girardi ahead of him.

It'll just be Yandle again.

I wasnt aware Pirri would be replacing Zucc so we could trade him for identical guy to the one we let leave for Florida.

Or young buck 20point superstar Trouba.

Can we try not to move pices that are crucial to the team, that includes both ends.

Jets still dont want wingers, and if we trade for Shattenkirk someone needs to get fired

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Pirri has as many 20 goal seasons as Miller does.

I'm not suggesting the Rangers trade Pirri or release him outright- I'm just saying that suggesting we trade Miller to open up a spot in our top 6 is beyond absurd and honestly laughable.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I wasnt aware Pirri would be replacing Zucc so we could trade him for identical guy to the one we let leave for Florida.

Or young buck 20point superstar Trouba.

Can we try not to move pices that are crucial to the team, that includes both ends.

Jets still dont want wingers, and if we trade for Shattenkirk someone needs to get fired

Lol at 20 point superstar...

Trouba>>>>>Zucc for this team, and this is coming from someone who loves Zucc.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not suggesting the Rangers trade Pirri or release him outright- I'm just saying that suggesting we trade Miller to open up a spot in our top 6 is beyond absurd and honestly laughable.

I'm not saying you did, but it's hard to think of the notion of trading Miller as "laughable" when so many posters are suggesting we trade Zuccarello to open up space.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I'm not saying you did, but it's hard to think of the notion of trading Miller as "laughable" when so many posters are suggesting we trade Zuccarello to open up space.

True and a fantastic poibt-- trading Zucc is 100% not going to happen before the season starts. People tend to fall in love with the "latest and greatest" and forget about what great talent already exists. You know, like "the grass is always greener" mentality.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I move Nash and Miller before I even think about moving Zuke, personally.

I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with you.

I do find it a bit silly that Zucc is viewed as some untouchable asset by some. Hes a great player and has been a great Ranger, but he is one of the more valuable assets on this team. Unless you think the Rangers are going to compete either this season or next, it'd be wise to move him

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with you.

I do find it a bit silly that Zucc is viewed as some untouchable asset by some. Hes a great player and has been a great Ranger, but he is one of the more valuable assets on this team. Unless you think the Rangers are going to compete either this season or next, it'd be wise to move him

I don't think it's unreasonable to think we can compete next season. Vesey and Buch get a year under their belts, Zib has a year to adjust to his teammates, hopefully one or more of Skjei/Graves/Gilmour are ready. Slightly less painful to buy out Girardi. Sign Shatty as a FA and go to war.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Best player in this game Beaullivier.

Isles have an absolute gem in this one.

He schooled Marc Staal for 40 straight seconds at one point, and this was the best game I saw Marc Staal play since the 2014 run.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
With the addition of the X=Y line, I am considering removing the quadrant lines. All the quadrant lines did was split the graph where the Rangers as a team were to give a sense of how the player performed relative to the team's performance.

We can still kind of tell this as I've left 'NYR' in the chart. So, players to the right of NYR were on the ice for more shots for, and players above the 'NYR' were on the ice for less shots against.

With the quadrant lines, and the X=Y line, things were getting too crowded.

As I am a man of the people, I leave it to y'all to decide the fate of the chart.

My vote is remove the quadrants.

1UWlN2d.png

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
With the addition of the X=Y line, I am considering removing the quadrant lines. All the quadrant lines did was split the graph where the Rangers as a team were to give a sense of how the player performed relative to the team's performance.

We can still kind of tell this as I've left 'NYR' in the chart. So, players to the right of NYR were on the ice for more shots for, and players above the 'NYR' were on the ice for less shots against.

With the quadrant lines, and the X=Y line, things were getting too crowded.

As I am a man of the people, I leave it to y'all to decide the fate of the chart.

My vote is remove the quadrants.

1UWlN2d.png

I like it! What do you use to create this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille