GDT: PS #4 | "The Tussle of Alberta" | Oilers vs. Flames | 9.20.19 | 7:00PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
So if I’m Bear I’m pissed. Last D cut last preseason comes to camp in best shape ever and gets to show his stuff this camp twice with a boat anchor(Manning).
Manning was the better player in their last game together.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Is ManDog-BenDog the best D pairing in canine history??

They will have an Air Bud style double doggie style movie made of them. Two young pups growing up together with identical twins who teach them hockey. They have a montage of the twins and the dogs training together on and off the ice and then have a couple of games where they absolutely destroy the competition. Eventually one of the twins gets injured and gets cut from the US NTDP. His dog replaces him and the other one gets jealous which is the main tension in the movie besides the HOCKEY FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP. Eventually after some hi-jinx the dogs reconcile and both play while their owner twins cheer them on in the HOCKEY FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP hosted by some town in Iowa. They score a last second goal to win the game 4-3 against the Pablo (Secret Weapon) Sanchez led Argentina Aces. The END.

McHandsomeDoc

Jul 28, 2006
Edmonton
They will have an Air Bud style double doggie style movie made of them. Two young pups growing up together with identical twins who teach them hockey. They have a montage of the twins and the dogs training together on and off the ice and then have a couple of games where they absolutely destroy the competition. Eventually one of the twins gets injured and gets cut from the US NTDP. His dog replaces him and the other one gets jealous which is the main tension in the movie besides the HOCKEY FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP. Eventually after some hi-jinx the dogs reconcile and both play while their owner twins cheer them on in the HOCKEY FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP hosted by some town in Iowa. They score a last second goal to win the game 4-3 against the Pablo (Secret Weapon) Sanchez led Argentina Aces. The END.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Reactions: The Oiler

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yes I am glad the majority of the cuts have happened so we can stop watching AHL hockey.

I am still wondering what anybody in the bottom 6 (left on the team) did to warrant a spot ahead of McLeod but I guess seeing what he can do in the AHL isn't a bad idea.

It's tough right now to see where the secondary goal scoring is going to come from--it will have to be by committee.

That’s easy. We all know the secondary goal scoring comes from Draisaitl.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Or maybe KOSKINEN just SUCKS. Why do so many people like this shart? He barely knows what positional style he plays and he’s over 30 years old

He started off pretty well and was racking up shutouts, then suddenly he shat the bed. Talbot had an amazing season and took the Oilers to the playoffs, then shat the bed. Seems like goalies start off well here and then their game dies.

Reactions: KYams17

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
He started off pretty well and was racking up shutouts, then suddenly he shat the bed. Talbot had an amazing season and took the Oilers to the playoffs, then shat the bed. Seems like goalies start off well here and then their game dies.

A new unknown goalie entering the league and starting off hot, only to be scouted and later picked apart isn't an uncommon thing to happen. Talbot had an above average season sandwiched between a below average season and a horrible season. He didn't 'start off well', his career with the Oilers started with Anders Nilsson stealing the starting job from him.

Can you remember the last time we had a goalie that was a starting goalie the year before he was brought to Edmonton? It's probably not the coaching.

Reactions: guymez

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

It’s the goalie coach that wasn’t fired for some reason.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
I'm expecting for Bouchard to cement his spot on the team tonight with 1G 1A and a solid defensive game. He's going to be our #1RD real quick. Persson looked decent the other night and they seem to want to pair him with Klef so we'll see how that goes.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Why have Peluso in for both games vs Canucks and then send him down before you play Calgary with meathead Rinaldo in their lineup?

Rinaldo has been very tame in his 2 games. Couple of hits but nothing "nasty".

Just stopping by to say Bouchard looked great in the Red Deer game. You guys got a real gem there.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't buy into the idea that Bouchard needs to be in the AHL to develop properly. If he continues to show well he should be on the opening night roster.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't buy into the idea that Bouchard needs to be in the AHL to develop properly. If he continues to show well he should be on the opening night roster.
Bouchard hasn't been any better than Samorukov or Persson.
This is his 3rd preseason game and possibly last if he fails to impress and if Russell is expected to be back before regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad