GDT: PS #4 | "The Tussle of Alberta" | Oilers vs. Flames | 9.20.19 | 7:00PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Funny thing was I was just talking about how they should ah Nygard with drasaitl and Kassian to simulate a (McDavid) speed player on the line. I think it will be a good line.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I agree. Bouchard looks better with a steady defensive partner who can cover his shortcomings. They compliment each other well.

Lagesson was rock solid, along the boards especially.

It seemed like every time the puck was contested in the corner he would win the board battle, fire a quick pass to Bouchard then Bouchard up and out. He’s a strong player. I really liked his defensive game last game.

Cleared the crease good as well, it’s those little defensive things he does well that will allow a guy like Bouchard to thrive.

Reactions: WIOiler

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Curious to see what Nygård can do with Draisaitl. He's not gonna get a better opportunity than that to show what he has to offer. That line should be able to create some havoc. Also curious about Burdasov ofc but I really don't expect much. Coming in late to training camp, not speaking the language, not knowing his teammates at all. Gonna be difficult for him I think.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
x5, hopefully. Maybe then Holland will finally see the issue with goaltender coaching....
Or maybe KOSKINEN just SUCKS. Why do so many people like this shart? He barely knows what positional style he plays and he’s over 30 years old

Reactions: Coffey

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
So if I’m Bear I’m pissed. Last D cut last preseason comes to camp in best shape ever and gets to show his stuff this camp twice with a boat anchor(Manning).

Reactions: McLovin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So if I’m Bear I’m pissed. Last D cut last preseason comes to camp in best shape ever and gets to show his stuff this camp twice with a boat anchor(Manning).
Tippett does that on purpose. Good players step up and make their partners better. I think that's what he is looking for in Bear. Good players can look good even with bad linemates.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005

If you need someone to make you look good you don't deserve to make the team anyway. I thought the two of them were fine last time and the coaches certainly can evaluate individuals properly. They know who messes up.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
If you need someone to make you look good you don't deserve to make the team anyway. I thought the two of them were fine last time and the coaches certainly can evaluate individuals properly. They know who messes up.
Let’s see Persson with Manning for a game!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Imma try something new this year.
In my mind, every game is an auto loss. A win or an ot loss is a great bonus. I won't be upset with losses as they are expected.

Reactions: Aerchon

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
**** off will ya! Lol
tenor.gif

Reactions: KYams17

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
With all the cuts that went through this morning, I’m hoping we can ice a more competitive line up and start to see the roster come together.

Hopefully Drai draws into this one. He’s always been a slow starter so getting him some games now is probably a good idea.

Yes I am glad the majority of the cuts have happened so we can stop watching AHL hockey.

I am still wondering what anybody in the bottom 6 (left on the team) did to warrant a spot ahead of McLeod but I guess seeing what he can do in the AHL isn't a bad idea.

It's tough right now to see where the secondary goal scoring is going to come from--it will have to be by committee.

Reactions: Darkwinter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad