Post-Game Talk: PS#4 - Rangers @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's crazy that Etem v Glass is a legitimate debate. Etem has been flat out awful all preseason.

Yes, but he's flashed potential of having a really good north/south game. He's cheaper than Glass, and IMO, worth putting some investment into. Glass is Glass.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Yes, but he's flashed potential of having a really good north/south game. He's cheaper than Glass, and IMO, worth putting some investment into. Glass is Glass.

He has? Maybe on Youtube. My post is in no way an endorsement of Glass, it is a commentary on how brutal Etem has been.

Hopefully Gropp pans out...

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I have to agree with the Etem is poop camp, he has been stir fried dog crap this pre season.

Where I veer off is the fact this is his first exposure to AV's system. Let's be fair, it took this entire roster ten to twenty games to a man, to get accustomed to it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can someone, pray tell, by what metric, has Dylan Mcllrath played better than Diaz?

He's been better in every game. With such small sample sizes, it's hard to turn to metrics. I'll tell you though, Diaz has had a lot of bad giveaways and bad defensive plays.

He's a fine #7 or #8. Personally I prefer McIlrath to Diaz.

I mean, sure Diaz scored 2 goals tonight, but they were off of great passes on the PP. If he's on the team, he absolutely shouldn't be getting PP time with Yandle, Boyle and McD on the team.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Sadly, #15 has outplayed #96 in relation to their role on this team. #24 and #25 look pretty great out there. And I cannot dismiss #26 either, Stoll and Stahlberg bring a bit of veteran precense.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hayes looks like he didn't train in the off season. Looks slower and weaker.

Etem has the skill but its Raw. He needs more time to develop. Everyone penciling him in for 20 goals this year should be ashamed of themselves lol

Moore looked good tonight on wing , and Lindberg had another awesome game, was involved in many scoring plays... could easily have had two goals tonight

Fast was quiet but he was playing with glass

Agreed on Hayes, that's my first thought watching these preseason games. He looks sluggish and his timing is off. Obviously it's just preseason, but he's only a second year player. He looks like he did nothing all summer.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
You can unequivocally state that based on three preseason games? Bravo, sir.

Based on 3 preseason games and 2 years of watching him in Hartford, I can unequivocally state that he can play in the NHL, and will be a quality defenseman in his prime.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I hope to god Hayes didn't read his press clippings all summer. He has looked crappy and has been called out twice by AV in the press.

I hope there there isn't a sophomore slump. Nowadays, you can't simply play your way into shape in the preseason. This isn't the 70's and 80's.

Wolfy*

Agreed on Hayes, that's my first thought watching these preseason games. He looks sluggish and his timing is off. Obviously it's just preseason, but he's only a second year player. He looks like he did nothing all summer.

Except eating a lot of good food and drinking beer.

I heard something about his trip to Norway with Zucc and the rest. Five star hotel breakfast over there is normally a huge buffet including hot dishes, and Hayes ate like a horse :laugh:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Except eating a lot of good food and drinking beer.

I heard something about his trip to Norway with Zucc and the rest. Five star hotel breakfast over there is normally a huge buffet including hot dishes, and Hayes ate like a horse :laugh:

Have him pack on the calories. A lot of these professional athletes need as much as they can get.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
My guess?

Kreider - Step - Miller
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Lindberg - Hayes - Fast
Stalberg - Stoll - Moore
Etem

McD - G
Staal - Boyle
Yandle - Klein
Diaz - McI

Glass is in over his head at this point, and, while Etem has been meh, Stoll and Stalberg have played well.

As for the D, AV's already said we're going to carry 8 if we can, and moving Glass allows for the 8.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Can someone, pray tell, by what metric, has Dylan Mcllrath played better than Diaz?

I like Diaz a lot actually. But I think McIlrath has waaaay to much potential to throw away. He has steadily improved since turning pro and I am sure he will keep improving for a good while. He is already ready to play in this league as No 6 no doubt.

With both Boyle and Yandle and the 2-3 pairings, the need for a PMD isn't as big as big.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There is no question we keep Mc. The team has 5 years invested in a first round pick and for the first time he looks NHL ready. He is probably the 4 or 5th best defense-man we have. Arguably better than Klein or Girardi. You could also argue that only Mactruck and Yandle are better than him. You can't send him down without losing him for nothing. Diaz looked good tonight but looked like hot garbage in the other games he played. I say we trade Klein, keep Mc and make Diaz the 7th.

As far as forwards go, Lindberg, Stoll and Stalberg should make the team. Etem has not impressed me at all but you don't want to lose him for nothing. 13th forward is either Glass or Etem.
100% agree. Etem may be the 13th forward if they dont keep Glass around.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Sadly, #15 has outplayed #96 in relation to their role on this team. #24 and #25 look pretty great out there. And I cannot dismiss #26 either, Stoll and Stahlberg bring a bit of veteran precense.

No he hasn't

And that's what's so sad about Glass existing.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Am I the only one who thinks D.Moore would fit in great on the third line? We finally have 2 centers who are good at face-offs, let's stick Moore and Stoll as 3-4 C's.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Am I the only one who thinks D.Moore would fit in great on the third line? We finally have 2 centers who are good at face-offs, let's stick Moore and Stoll as 3-4 C's.

Lindberg is also supposed to be a beast on faceoffs and I think he has more natural offensive talent than Moore.

Right now I have

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Stalberg-Lindberg-Hayes
Stoll-Moore-Fast

That said, I wouldn't be against trying Moore on the 3rd line. I think we're so deep we're just going to have 4 legit lines anyway. There might not be a clear bottom.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lindberg is good at hockey

Stalberg is good at hockey

Girardi isn't good at hockey

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Jesper fast should be in the top 6 over jt Miller. I've yet to see anything from jt while fast was almost dominant with step and kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad