GDT: PS #3 - 10/01/16 | RANGERS @ devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Great, I have to watch that diving rat Blandisi tonight. Where's Severson in their lineup?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
This will be a big test for our young defense with Devils icing a very strong F group. Will be interesting to see how Clendening and Gilmour hold up against some better players.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This will be a big test for our young defense with Devils icing a very strong F group. Will be interesting to see how Clendening and Gilmour hold up against some better players.

Very strong forward group is a stretch. Beau Bennett is on the 1st line, and Henrique is their best center.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I'm talking about after cuts. Gropp obviously will not make the NYR this year. Where will he end up?

Think he should go back to WHL for his overage year honestly, Hartford looks too deep on paper for Gropp to really have a spot.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
my friend who works for the devils actually gave me his tickets for this game so I am pretty amped :)

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Former early second rounder, almost a first rounder, but his carer went nowhere after 15 NHL games as a 20-year-old. Scored 131 points in 264 AHL games, so almost half a point per game. He plays ok defense, but makes stupid decisions with the puck, causing turnovers instead of shots. He's also a bit soft. For these reasons he never made the NHL, but at the AHL level, he's solid. He'll be a middle-6 player for the Pack.

I haven't seen him play yet but looking forward to seeing him get his chance. Basil was fun to watch back in the day. Battled every heavyweight of his time. Wasn't heavy handed but he was a tough dude.

It's funny..Wount expect his son to play soft but that wouldn't be the first time the son of a former enforcer played a completely different game...

Domi comes to mind.

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Was hoping to see that the Rangers put together close to their opening night line-up after seeing that the Devils are playing what will likely be their main team sans Severson, Fiddler, and maybe Kalinin/Lappin.

Still should be interesting to see how this unfolds. How many guys are the Rangers carrying right now? Devils just cut there's down to 36 so it could explain the amount of NHL guys are playing.

Very strong forward group is a stretch. Beau Bennett is on the 1st line, and Henrique is their best center.

The Devils seem to be gunning for the three second lines approach. You've got Hall - Henrique, Zajac - Palmieri, and Cammalleri - Zacha all on three different lines.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Was hoping to see that the Rangers put together close to their opening night line-up after seeing that the Devils are playing what will likely be their main team sans Severson, Fiddler, and maybe Kalinin/Lappin.

Still should be interesting to see how this unfolds. How many guys are the Rangers carrying right now? Devils just cut there's down to 36 so it could explain the amount of NHL guys are playing.

The Devils seem to be gunning for the three second lines approach. You've got Hall - Henrique, Zajac - Palmieri, and Cammalleri - Zacha all on three different lines.

This should be a big test for our young defense in this game (apart from Girardi). If Clendening has a good defensive game today then he'll really push for a spot come opening day imo.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
We are going to get destroyed tonight, but who cares...they are icing their full lineup basically.....it's their Stanley cup tonight.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Someone should tell Hynes that the season doesn't start for another 2 weeks.

We are going to get destroyed tonight, but who cares...they are icing their full lineup basically.....it's their Stanley cup tonight.

For some context, this is the Devils fifth pre-season game tonight versus the Rangers third. They've already done a lot of their evaluating already and cut almost half their training camp roster today.

From the looks of it, the Rangers still have 50 players on their roster whereas the Devils are down to 35 -- five of those on waivers.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Not a Fast hater by any means, but I hope he is "locked" on the fourth line. It's where he belongs. Hoping AV doesn't put him on the third

I agree with you. I like Fast, but think he belongs on the 4th line. I get the idea, though (from the AV interview), that he'll see time higher up in the lines on occasion. Wouldn't surprise me if it is at Buch's expense if Buch shows difficulty transitioning.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
That's a pretty full roster there.

It would be a shame if we beat them tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad