Post-Game Talk: PS #3 - 09/22/18 | RANGERS @ islanders | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
All three of the top center prospects in the same game, should be nice.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
JT will not dress tonight and is that good or bad news for us - JT is moved out of our division? :)

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I'm almost starting to wish he stayed. Leafs fans are so proud that they poached him and continue to rub it in the face of Islanders fans, it's hard to take.

I`m surprised that Islanders did not signed or moved him earlier before it become a topic - I understand that he want to relocate back to Canada, but for free asset..

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Can coach Quinn make sure the Rangers get the memo that there is supposed to be a hated rivalry with the Islanders, instead of it only being a one way rivalry. I'm so sick of only the Islanders, the future team of Quebec City, getting "up" for these games. The hatred is only one way and that is getting really old by now. I feel so old to remember the days when the Rangers got up for games vs the Islanders.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm almost starting to wish he stayed. Leafs fans are so proud that they poached him and continue to rub it in the face of Islanders fans, it's hard to take.

Let them.

Isles fans will continue to be salty, Leafs fans will be crushed when their team fails to make it beyond the 2nd round because any defense led by Morgan Reilly isn't good enough to win anything.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Looking forward to this one. Hoping Howden has a better game and Chytil, Andersson and Hajek keep the mojo they had to end their last games. Also excited to see Shattenkirk play again.

I`m surprised that Islanders did not signed or moved him earlier before it become a topic - I understand that he want to relocate back to Canada, but for free asset..
Yeah, I hate to see Leafs fans gloat about signing a UFA like they just won the cup, but the Isles management 100% blew the JT situation. "He told us he wanted to re-sign as he refused to actually do it" isn't a good excuse for holding on to a UFA after the deadline.

Reactions: Ori

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Can coach Quinn make sure the Rangers get the memo that there is supposed to be a hated rivalry with the Islanders, instead of it only being a one way rivalry. I'm so sick of only the Islanders, the future team of Quebec City, getting "up" for these games. The hatred is only one way and that is getting really old by now. I feel so old to remember the days when the Rangers got up for games vs the Islanders.

The games have felt "off" since after the Fleury/McCarthy era.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes true that. And it might happen to Panarin too - it could be another JT situation unless CBJ trying to get some assets back, but they still have 1 year to do something.

Anyway I hope we will see Nam - Chytil - Zucc line tonight. :)

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
pumped for this one, purely because of the top 2 centers we're icing. hope the PP looks good. maybe they stick Chytil at the Jagr spot for it?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't understand why the Leafs fans think they already won the Cup AND why other fanbases such as ours care. Does it really upgrade their goalie or improve their defense?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't understand why the Leafs fans think they already won the Cup AND why other fanbases such as ours care. Does it really upgrade their goalie or improve their defense?
Their goalie kept them in it most of last season...their defense was a friggin Trainwreck. Frankly he may have been their mvp

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Kinda feel the same way about these two clubs. What was once a very heated rivalry has dissipated into just another game. Don't even see the fans getting into it like they used to. Office banter was a lot of fun. Different times I guess?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kinda feel the same way about these two clubs. What was once a very heated rivalry has dissipated into just another game. Don't even see the fans getting into it like they used to. Office banter was a lot of fun. Different times I guess?

A lot of factors. They haven't played each other in the playoffs since 1994 (before that it was six times in 15 years), both haven't really been on the same level at the same time (Islanders were awful post-94 then were respectable for a few years during the Peca-Yashin years, Rangers were awful post-97 until the first lockout, then were respectable to contenders after). Ever since MLB started Interleague play which to me has been a good thing Mets-Yankess from 97-2001 was pretty much Rangers-Islanders from 79-84. Media loved that rivalry. Also Rex Ryan. Giants-Jets was never a real rivalry until Big Mouth Rex came to town and made it a thing for a few years. Finally, and this is not law just an observation feel free to correct me, the millennials and younger kids just don't have that same anger and aggression as us slightly or much older posters do at least in regards to sports, pop culture. Kids I work with don't listen to aggressive music and are too polite to talk any trash. PC in that regards?

Last big rivalry moment I remember between the two teams was 06-07 during the infamous Simon tomahawking Hollweg game. That was the most lively crowd I have ever been a part of during a regular season NHL game. Even moreso than the Stadium Series game in January 2014.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I think part of the decrease in the feeling of intensity of NYR/NYI has been the loss of the NVMC...as a LI’er, going to games there was always just a madhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad