Post-Game Talk: PS 2A 9/18 BRUINS 5 Capitals 2 F

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I believe the parade route is being planned as we speak
:laugh::nod::eek:No kidding::rolleyes: They've already put up traffic barriers and re-routed traffic patterns, closed streets etc. so that they'll be ready for the 50,000,000 "fans" who are already starting to show up at the parade route to get a "good viewing spot.":sarcasm:

Reactions: Olden McGroin

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I haven’t seen the goal, but there was talk in this thread of how it wouldn’t stand after review (and then there wasn’t a review). OP may have meant it wasn’t a good goal.
Watched it 10 times absolutely nothing wrong with the goal it went in of the arm of the defender, good goal

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Little early, even with the goal, he was pretty much invisible tonight except for the two lazy penalties he took. Loaded with skill but he has a ways to go before he bumps others out of their spots.

I’m not even sure it’s his skill that I like. It’s that he works. I can just see him becoming an extremely ideal bottom 6 forward.

He’s definitely still making mistakes and not “there” yet. It’s why I suggested that, even though I love his game, he shouldn’t be rushed to the big club. With all that energy, it certainly needs to be channeled properly and that comes with mental maturity.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
To much for him I agree. I do Donato and a 3rd rounder for him

It’s definitely too much. Both of those guys are fairly close to a lock for a top 6 role on most teams at some point (I really do think Donato will get there). You can’t give up TWO of those guys.

I would do Donato and a 2nd, though once again...even I am becoming concerned with the shrinking of this team in size.

Reactions: lopey

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Watched it 10 times absolutely nothing wrong with the goal it went in of the arm of the defender, good goal

I've seen it too and agree. The announcers thought he may have batted it in and there may have been a case for goalie interference. Just saying that might be what the poster meant. Probably meant it was a fluke, though.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Everything you wrote is wrong. He tried to pass it and it somehow ended in the net. "Goal scorers goal" haha
Yes and no. Lets go back too how he got the puck, shows that he has learned something in the AHL. He stripped the Caps player by the face off circle and took it all the way down. He was putting in the crowd of where things happen. Regardless it ended in the net and had a lot to do with Hughes driving the net. Seny realized the potential and put it there. Maybe not a goal scorers goal but a smart offensive play started by a good defensive play. This is the growth and I am happy with it, gotta be lucky to be good and good to be lucky.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Old Slainte Jimmy Murphy has me blocked on Twitter, but did he tweet out that Zach Senyshyn sucks? I saw an exchange involving him and another follower and Ty Anderson seemed to be involved?

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Nobody is mentioning KDP suggesting the Bruins would need to unload Donato and DeBrusk for Panarin.

I think this board would say no thanks.

I know I would consider moving 1, not both of them for Panarin.
Just to have Panarin either leave or have the "honor" of paying him what/$8 million a year? That would screw up our cap AND probably aggravate REAL home grown Bruins like Marchand. Furthermore, I wouldn't give up either of those two for Panarin. No thanks!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Old Slainte Jimmy Murphy has me blocked on Twitter, but did he tweet out that Zach Senyshyn sucks? I saw an exchange involving him and another follower and Ty Anderson seemed to be involved?
WOW! Pretty thin skin from a media guy! (this coming from a thin skinned guy) I never block anyone on Twitter OR on here, it's childish and frankly a little cowardly. I mean wtf does it matter if you were a little hard on him, he's supposed to be able to deal with the pressure from real fans without taking it personally. He is a paid professional after-all.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
WOW! Pretty thin skin from a media guy! (this coming from a thin skinned guy) I never block anyone on Twitter OR on here, it's childish and frankly a little cowardly. I mean wtf does it matter if you were a little hard on him, he's supposed to be able to deal with the pressure from real fans without taking it personally. He is a paid professional after-all.

Joe Haggerty blocked people left and right on Twitter when I was on there, it's been a couple of years but I wouldn't expect anything to change with that

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

SLAINTE! he just calls it like he sees it. an honest guy :laugh:
when senyshyn becomes a regular, am sure this exchange will be denied too.

Jimmy Murphy‏Verified account @MurphysLaw74

Replying to @poit77 @_TyAnderson
yes
12:20 AM - 19 Sep 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Didn`t watch the game from China, too old for that stuff but watched the Caps game, fun stuff. Vladar played great. Far too much talk about Seny`s goal for my liking. Liked his game, kept it simple and his goal was an example of that, did what all coaches ask or instruct, get the puck to the net, good things happen, nothing more or less.

Lauko is the new Hf flavor of the week/month and I`m excited about him too as I love the kid`s motor but man o` man, he needs work in the D zone. Not the physical aspect as he`s more than willing or capable but he was out of position a ton in there.

Now before I`m attacked here again, I really am excited about this kid, knew nothing about him prior to the draft other than he`s a gamer and he is, doesn`t mean he`s the finished product and time in Providence would help but is he one of those cases where it`s the big club or back to Europe/Juniors?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Was only able to watch part of the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Two guys that stood out to me (in a good way) were Winnik and Clifton.

Winnik - might just have something he could bring to the NHL roster still. I'm not sure who would get bounced for him though. Maybe he starts the year in Providence and gets the nod if a bottom 6 guy goes down.

Clifton - loved his hitting and skating, seems like he could be a good 3rd pairing guy one day. It was a amazing to see someone try to step up on him while he was trying to come out of his zone, only to have Clifton pass it out and run the guy over.

Honorable mention to Senyshyn. First goal was just all around solid effort. The 2nd one I thought he waited a bit to long to make a pass. Luckily the puck deflected off a stick (and maybe a body) and found the back of the net. He did make some nice plays on the PK as well. I still have hope for the kid as a Chris Kreider type. Sadly this probably won't be good enough for many B's fans and people will continue to find any little negative thing to rip him apart, out of anger because of who was drafted after him.

This is what impressed me as well about Clifton- he definitely followed through after passing the puck off! He struck me as being solid & dependable, qualities you want on your third line D.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Yeah, he's one of the softest on Twitter. I believe I was blocked for calling him out on never being right about trade rumors haha

Reactions: Strafer

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So now the argument for Senyshyn is how he scored a goal and not that he isn’t scoring.
Lol. It’s preseason and he hustling. Has shown he learned a few things last year. That simple. Trying to project what this kid will be is a waste of time. So many variables that can’t be answered.

Reactions: BBB24

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Call me weird. but I like Donato and DeBrusk. I like how they play , their personalities, and how well they gel with the team. I am not keen on trading them for an elite guy like Panarin who we don't know.

For all we know, Panarin could be a bust here in Boston. He could not resign here, he might not gel with our core. There is a lot of ifs with a player coming in.
Look what we gave up for Nash. He got concussed and was not the same afterward. He is now debating if he should even continue playing hockey at all.

I'd rather have the bird in the hand than the chance at two in the bush. Sorta like trading the decent gas grill behind curtain one for what's inside the mystery box.

I'd be very happy keeping Donato and DeBrusk and missing out on Panarin if they are the ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad