Post-Game Talk: PS 2A 9/18 BRUINS 5 Capitals 2 F

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm a fan of Kuraly but he didn't look that great tonight. They had him playing 1st line C but he was not up to that task--albeit with just Stempniak as an NHL wing. He also made a lot of mistakes on the PK which is where he normally shines.
Preseason game so I'll grant that he needs to shake off some rust. However, he may be looking over his shoulder midseason if his play doesn't pick up as Frederic will be pushing for an NHL spot.

In a sense, I agree with this assessment of Kuraly's two games, and was thinking the exact same thing myself - he just hasn't looked like he should. Lots of mistakes, and not much good that really made up for it (ENG notwithstanding).

Hopefully I'm overthinking this. Hopefully it's a combination of all the extrinsic factors: it's a meaningless game, he's basically got a spot on the team, he's still shaking off rust from the summer, he's playing a role that he won't be playing, and doesn't have the wing support he'll get with a real NHL team.

Reactions: 00BW

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Desauliers got his face broken last night in a game with the Devils, I’m not a fan of regulars throwing down in preseason

The spin on TSN Montreal is that Deslauriers was doing him a solid. Apparently there is a code that "fighters" respect and they help each other to break into the league. Apparently he was asked if would be okay to "go" so he could show his skills and Deslauriers agreed :loony:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Seny was good, his 2nd goal wasnt.

Commentator said Vladar reminded him of the monster, Gustavsson in TO.
Can’t believe people say this, that was a goal scorers goal. His only option was to flip it to the net, he did it and made it count, exactly what he was trying to do. DeBrusk score a similar goal last year on Price, only difference was there was no traffic in front of Price. The first goal was a goal scorers goal for sure, never took his eyes off the puck, most kids his would have wheeled off that puck on initial shot. When we look at his line mates, what we saw was a true indication of what we will see down the road, fast, smart and willing to learn. Another year in the A and he will be 100% ready if not sooner, injuries may help him get a few games this season.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I want Lauko on the team. If not this year, then next. At some point.

You can’t convince me that dude is ever, EVER going to stop working his ass off on the ice. No one is going to like this comparison, but he’s the ten percent of Matt Beleskey that everyone liked...100% of the time.
Little early, even with the goal, he was pretty much invisible tonight except for the two lazy penalties he took. Loaded with skill but he has a ways to go before he bumps others out of their spots.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Seny was good, his 2nd goal wasnt.

Commentator said Vladar reminded him of the monster, Gustavsson in TO.

I think so also. Gustavsson when he was on his game

Caps were all over him in the third period and he didn't care. Very calm, cool. Superb rebound control

Need to see a few more of these kind of games but overall have a nice feeling about the teams future goaltending situation

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

"Who is Holtby?" :biglaugh:

Lauko scored a nice breakaway goal but overall had a poor game. I believe he was benched a few shifts in the third

Tonight game was closer to nhl level than the 1st one for sure. Lauko young age was apparent

He has some nice skills though and boy those celebrations are at Tarasenko level

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can’t believe people say this, that was a goal scorers goal. His only option was to flip it to the net, he did it and made it count, exactly what he was trying to do. DeBrusk score a similar goal last year on Price, only difference was there was no traffic in front of Price. The first goal was a goal scorers goal for sure, never took his eyes off the puck, most kids his would have wheeled off that puck on initial shot. When we look at his line mates, what we saw was a true indication of what we will see down the road, fast, smart and willing to learn. Another year in the A and he will be 100% ready if not sooner, injuries may help him get a few games this season.

Hopefully

The kid loves to carry the puck and shoot. Doesn't pass much

Grabner comparison is good

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I've got a really good feeling about Lauko. Not just the goals, but his absolute determination to be better and improve, and his self-criticism. Kid scored a goal tonight and basically said he played like crap.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Everything you wrote is wrong. He tried to pass it and it somehow ended in the net. "Goal scorers goal" haha

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Was only able to watch part of the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Two guys that stood out to me (in a good way) were Winnik and Clifton.

Winnik - might just have something he could bring to the NHL roster still. I'm not sure who would get bounced for him though. Maybe he starts the year in Providence and gets the nod if a bottom 6 guy goes down.

Clifton - loved his hitting and skating, seems like he could be a good 3rd pairing guy one day. It was a amazing to see someone try to step up on him while he was trying to come out of his zone, only to have Clifton pass it out and run the guy over.

Honorable mention to Senyshyn. First goal was just all around solid effort. The 2nd one I thought he waited a bit to long to make a pass. Luckily the puck deflected off a stick (and maybe a body) and found the back of the net. He did make some nice plays on the PK as well. I still have hope for the kid as a Chris Kreider type. Sadly this probably won't be good enough for many B's fans and people will continue to find any little negative thing to rip him apart, out of anger because of who was drafted after him.

Reactions: FanSince72

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
disagree

I don't hate but he needed this game today. Probably helped him to prevent getting cut for Sat game

This is one of the most laughable posts I’ve seen here in a while. You thought he has a chance of getting cut?

21 years old, solid performance in buffalo and now solid throughout two pre season games.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

I haven’t seen the goal, but there was talk in this thread of how it wouldn’t stand after review (and then there wasn’t a review). OP may have meant it wasn’t a good goal.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The spin on TSN Montreal is that Deslauriers was doing him a solid. Apparently there is a code that "fighters" respect and they help each other to break into the league. Apparently he was asked if would be okay to "go" so he could show his skills and Deslauriers agreed :loony:

I know it’s an age old thing just never liked it unless it wasn’t sticking up for someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad