Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Cup, Cup, Cup...

It's been over twelve hours, and no pick yet.

I'll place the name of T.J. Brennan (D/St. John's, QMJHL) in nomination for Detroit's consensus pick. And I'll have you know, Brennan was very high on my list of players to look at for St. Louis' next pick... :rant:

EDIT (so this selection will appear before Buffalo's pick):

By consensus...

With the 59th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings are pleased to select, from the St. John's Fog Devils of the QMJHL, defenseman T.J. Brennan.

:wings

P_B

:bb:

Thanks PB, he is a very nice pick.

I have been very busy lately as I have been going through all my prospect notes/reports and will be putting out a draft guide early May.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Jimmi Jenkins said:
With the 61th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to select, from The Peterborough Petes of the OHL, goaltender Trevor Cann.

"61th?" ;)

Next three picks:

3 .2 .62 PHX Soldat Samsonov
3 .3 .63 DAL ReLyT
3 .4 .64 MON slats432

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
It's beginning to look like Dallas is going to be a no-show here...

I place in nomination the name of Niklas Lucenius (C, Tappara) for Dallas' pick.

I have Montreal's pick via PM (Lucenius was not on the list of players sent to me), so if we can get a second and a third on the Lucenius nomination, I can post the next two picks, and we can move on.

P_B

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
It's beginning to look like Dallas is going to be a no-show here...

I place in nomination the name of Niklas Lucenius (C, Tappara) for Dallas' pick.

I have Montreal's pick via PM (Lucenius was not on the list of players sent to me), so if we can get a second and a third on the Lucenius nomination, I can post the next two picks, and we can move on.

P_B

I second the pick.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
EDIT: Reflecting the wishes of the "new" Dallas GM, "________"...

With the 63rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are pleased to select, from Virginia High School in Minnesota, center Nico Sachetti.

:stars

Per PM from slats432...

With the 64th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select, from the Waterloo Blackhawks of the United States League, defenseman Blake Kessel.

:habs

3rd round, 5th pick, 65th overall CHI (Kowalchuk) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 6th pick, 66th overall EDM (fong p88) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 7th pick, 67th overall ANH (Jimmi Jenkins) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Last edited:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
With the 65th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to select, from the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League, forward Jason Gregoire

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Kowalchuk said:
With the 64th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to select, from the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League, forward Jason Gregoire.

It is the 65th selection, not the 64th.

I have a possible candidate for Dallas' GM, but he wants to change the two consensus picks.

I told him that the first pick, that of G Jeremy Smth, would have to stand because it was made too far back to conveniently allow for the other GM's to weigh in on wether or not they would want to change their subsequent picks as a result.

I did, however, inform this poster that I would allow him to change the most recent Dallas pick, that of Niklas Lucenius, because at the time, Chicago had not yet posted their pick, and Montreal's announcement was based on a PM with a list of desired players that did not include Lucenius, or the player that Dallas' prospective GM wishes to change to.

Therefore, if Chicago wishes to change their recent pick to Niklas Lucenius, they may do so. Chicago, please confirm your intentions on this board, or by PM to me, ASAP. You have until 4:30 PM Central Time today to do so.

Edmonton, please refrain from making a selection until we have confirmation and/or an announcement from Chicago.

Thanks,

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Kowalchuk said:
I will keep my pick, thanks.

And done.

I have modified the Dallas pick at 63rd overall to Nico Sachetti, the player whom the new GM wishes to take.

Niklas Lucenius is on the table, for anyone who wants to draft him.

3rd round, 6th pick, 66th overall, EDM fong p88 -- ON THE CLOCK as of 10:24 PM CDT
3rd round, 7th pick, 67th overall,ANH Jimmi Jenkins -- ON DECK
3rd round, 8th pick, 68th overall, BOS bergy37 -- IN THE HOLE

P_B

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
With the 66th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL, forward Justin McRae.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
By consensus...

With the 67th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to select, from Des Moines of the United States League, center Ben Ryan.

:ducks

3rd round, 8th pick, 68th overall BOS (bergy37) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 9th pick, 69th overall STL (Prussian_Blue) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 10th pick, 70th overall FLA (nanzenkills) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed... except me, of course. ;)

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Per PM from bergy37...

With the 68th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins are pleased to select, from the St. John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL, defenseman Alex Grant.

:bruins

My pick...

With the 69th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Yannick Weber.

:blues

3rd round, 10th pick, 70th overall FLA (nanzenkills) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 11th pick, 71st overall CAR (DaveG) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 12th pick, 72nd overall MON (slats432) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
With the 70th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers are pleased to select, from the Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL, LW Maxim Gratchev.

panthers.gif

Carolina is up next, DaveG has been PM'd.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With the 71st overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to select, from the US National Development Program, forward C.J. Severyn

:canes

Montreal is on the clock and has been pm'd.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
With the 72st overall selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select, Nick Spaling, C, Kitchener (OHL)

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Per PM from slats432...

With the 72nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, center Nick Spaling.

3rd round, 13th pick, 73rd overall TOR (The Slave) -- ON THE CLOCK
3rd round, 14th pick, 74th overall TAM (Duff88) -- ON DECK
3rd round, 15th pick, 75th overall NYI (BatesIsMyHero17) -- IN THE HOLE

All have been PM'ed.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
An administrative note...

Something's been gnawing at me for a while, and I finally figured out what it was...

According to my recollection, supported by Jayzin Smith's draft picks site, the Blues acquired Chicago's fourth-round pick in this draft from Carolina last year, in the Doug Weight trade.

freewebs.com/eggmanandwalrus/draft_picks.txt said:
St. Louis Blues
- acquired CHI's 2007 4th rd pick from CAR (January 30th 2006)

I have accordingly changed the draft order in the OP of this thread.

Thanks,

P_B

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
:leafs are going off the board for this one.

With the 73rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select, from the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL, forward Casey Pierro-Zabotel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad