GDT: Providence Bruins Eliminated from the AHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Game 6.

Seriously, PBs out shot them 47-15 in regulation. If we lose this it is on Svedberg and Svedberg only.

Why, according to this thread he gave up one goal ion regulation and it was functionally on a 5-3. if he to blame for the fact Providence had 47 shots and could only finish once

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Why, according to this thread he gave up one goal ion regulation and it was functionally on a 5-3. if he to blame for the fact Providence had 47 shots and could only finish once

Can't blame the goalie for a loss like this. Give credit to the Pens goalie Thiessen and blame the P Bruins for a lack of finish, you should be able to score more than one goal with almost 50 shots ...

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
People blaming this on Svedberg is pretty laughable. Nobody in the world would have stopped that shot. Also if you weren't watching kind of hard to blame someone.

I hate the little ***** but Mormina had an incredible shift with about 2:30 left in regulation. Took a puck off the face stayed on the ice and blocked two more shots and made a couple smart plays.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Damn Bruins the last three losses have been the same. WB is diving in front of everything and risking the body. They also solved our across the crease PP heck they talk about how they solved it before game 5. If the Bruins don't change for Wednesday than we are toast.

We are the #1 seed in the whole AHL we have to play better (12 goals in 2 games) (4 goals in last 4).

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I know they're thin on D, but they've gotta find the killer instinct on Wednesday ... Maybe Ference, Redden, or Seidenberg will be better and they can send Bart or Kruger to Providence to help for the night ...

Offense needs to come through, and Svedberg needs to be at his best.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I hate the little ***** but Mormina had an incredible shift with about 2:30 left in regulation. Took a puck off the face stayed on the ice and blocked two more shots and made a couple smart plays.

Amazing, considering he was apparently shot by sniper fire and died for three seconds face down on the ice. I guess he got up because even this group of refs couldn't find an excuse to stop the play for him.

I can't imagine this team loses Wednesday night, as bad the D situation is (this kid McDonald is totally overmatched, they need Casto in there).

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I know they're thin on D, but they've gotta find the killer instinct on Wednesday ... Maybe Ference, Redden, or Seidenberg will be better and they can send Bart or Kruger to Providence to help for the night ...

Offense needs to come through, and Svedberg needs to be at his best.

You can't risk Krug or Bartkowski getting hurt in an AHL playoff game. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup. Calder Cup would be nice. But, not worth the risk.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Which ref was making the ****** calls? Or was it a combined effort?

There were calls and non calls. In my opinion, Graham Skilliter is not a good ref, can't say much about Lemelin but a lot of these guys seem to take a mindset when they are officiating that they have to be symbiotic.

There were two times last night when Pens players turned to look ready to argue and threw their hands up because they knew they should have been called and yet weren't. Another time, in the midst of a delayed call, they pretty clearly tripped Bourque as he was crossing the red line for a scoring chance and ignored it. And the high stick on Miller was just bogus. Also, WBS clearly committed a delay of the game by shooting the puck over the glass while under pressure, and the refs conferred and waved it off. Cassidy was LIVID on that one.

PBruins are getting reputation calls, that's it. These two refs should not be doing this game after what they were up to last night, but I hope they wake up tomorrow morning realizing this is game 7 and the playoffs and it's not the time or place for punitive damages to be exacted. Not to mention the linesman, specifically Bob Bernard, are awful. There was 3 on 1 negated that was just brutal.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
There were calls and non calls. In my opinion, Graham Skilliter is not a good ref, can't say much about Lemelin but a lot of these guys seem to take a mindset when they are officiating that they have to be symbiotic.

There were two times last night when Pens players turned to look ready to argue and threw their hands up because they knew they should have been called and yet weren't. Another time, in the midst of a delayed call, they pretty clearly tripped Bourque as he was crossing the red line for a scoring chance and ignored it. And the high stick on Miller was just bogus. Also, WBS clearly committed a delay of the game by shooting the puck over the glass while under pressure, and the refs conferred and waved it off. Cassidy was LIVID on that one.

PBruins are getting reputation calls, that's it. These two refs should not be doing this game after what they were up to last night, but I hope they wake up tomorrow morning realizing this is game 7 and the playoffs and it's not the time or place for punitive damages to be exacted. Not to mention the linesman, specifically Bob Bernard, are awful. There was 3 on 1 negated that was just brutal.

That's weird to hear about Skilliter, he's a very good ref and he'll likely be splitting time between the AHL and NHL next year 50-50. Everyone has bad games I guess, but he's solid.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Might not want to laugh too hard considering what might happen to this organization again...

yeah, not sure I expected them to get past the Baby Pens without Krug and Bartkowski.
Of course I don't get to watch the games because the pricing of the AHL streams is brutal. Probably more than a ticket for the game actually costs.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
That's weird to hear about Skilliter, he's a very good ref and he'll likely be splitting time between the AHL and NHL next year 50-50. Everyone has bad games I guess, but he's solid.

I saw one other game with him maybe last season where he really stood out as being one sided. Honestly, most of the refs are just clueless and I expect one or two bad calls a game, it's rare now that I pick one out as being overly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad