GDT: Providence Bruins Eliminated from the AHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Quite confident that with Krug and Bart they would have completed the sweep. I'll accept bad fortune at the AHL level to help the big club.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Quite confident that with Krug and Bart they would have completed the sweep. I'll accept bad fortune at the AHL level to help the big club.

Agree they'd have swept them but in the end I'd rather Providence meet this end if Boston can sweep

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So much for Svedberg. Yikes. Ah well, the D group was pretty abysmal at the end there. Sucks to see another historic collapse though.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
That team was not ready tonight.

Damn Svedburg after the 1st goal, allowed 3 goals on 3 shots.

Wilkes-Barre was a different team after game 2, they changed there style we did not 100% a coaching thing. Bruins started 4-8 on the PP finished 0-18.

Two other teams in the AHL, 1960 Rochester Americans (vs. Cleveland) and the 1989 Adirondack Red Wings (vs. Hershey) are the only teams in AHL history to win a best-of-seven Calder Cup Playoff series after losing the first three games... The Amerks and Red Wings had the luxury of playing Game 7 at home...

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Hey take the top two defencemen off of any team and your gonna lose a lot more than you win.

Let's think about this for a second , could these guys be that good? I mean Prov totally caved in while the Big Team became way better, maybe it was the only thing holding Prov up and the only thing holding us up now......you gotta at least entertain the thought.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Everyone forgets they were also missing trotman too. Dissapointing end to the season but this team was so much fun to watch all year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Damn, i thought they had it when my good buddy jared knight was inserted in the lineup.

You can't come up with better than that. Be creative use your imagination you are no fun if this is all you bring. Take a walk, have a nice breakfast, let the insult come naturally to you about Knight and then post it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'd have to imagine Caron, Borque, and Exelby because of his NHL experience.

I could see Caron and Bourque, but Exelby? I would like to see the B's bring up youngsters like Spooner, Knight, and Svedberg so they can get a taste of the playoff atmosphere like they did with Bart, Caron, and Dobie in 2011. I didn't think there was a limit to the number of guys on the Black Aces squad?

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Only reason I said Exelby, is because he played almost 6 years with Atlanta. And he is probably next in line if another D goes down, I think everyone is ahead of Aaron Johnson at this point.

Also, I was embarrassed by some of the people in the stands. I sit in the 2nd row of 212 center ice, and people all around behind me and I'm sure a good portion of the rest of the arena had turned on the team before the game even started. They played awful last night, and the last four games of the series, but they didn't deserve the **** they were getting from the crowd. Especially Svedberg. The faux cheer when he made the save in the 2nd period really made me aggravated. Guy was a rock all season, and had a bad two and a half weeks. **** happens.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Svedburg had a bad playoffs. When you allow three goals on three shots you deserve a Bronx cheer. Sorry.

Cassidy will be back he plays the same style as Boston and when players get called up they step in without missing a beat. I think he stunk as this series went on but Boston really likes him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Did he bang your sister or something?:shakehead

It's something likely developed from early childhood- this is where many troubling behaviors originate and manifest later in life. In all seriousness, I hope whatever the cause is can be identified and replaced because just being negative and condenscending all the time is a pretty bad penalty to pay. The good news is behavior can be modified and hopefully someday this guy will be better. We will all know when he compliments Bergeron:biglaugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's something likely developed from early childhood- this is where many troubling behaviors originate and manifest later in life. In all seriousness, I hope whatever the cause is can be identified and replaced because just being negative and condenscending all the time is a pretty bad penalty to pay. The good news is behavior can be modified and hopefully someday this guy will be better. We will all know when he compliments Bergeron:biglaugh:

I imagine it`s difficult for him being 35 and still renting a room off the folks;)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I could see Caron and Bourque, but Exelby? I would like to see the B's bring up youngsters like Spooner, Knight, and Svedberg so they can get a taste of the playoff atmosphere like they did with Bart, Caron, and Dobie in 2011. I didn't think there was a limit to the number of guys on the Black Aces squad?

No limit. I'd guess Spooner, Caron, Svedberg, Bourque, perhaps Knight will join the big club, maybe more. Too bad about Trotman going down - he looked good this season.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Does this mean Cassidy is done after another underachieving season, or do the B's take into consideration that his best d-men were stolen by the big club?

Did anyone expect them to be the best regular season team in the league? Despite the collapse (aided by injuries, callups, and a goalie who lost his mojo), I'd be inclined to think they overachieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad