Confirmed with Link: Prout to NJ for Kyle Quincey

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I think he does a good job scouting for hockey sense and vision.

But in either case it's a limited sample full of exceptions. He chose to extend Prout and Boll and to cut Mackenzie and Letestu. What does that say about his affection for speed or hockey sense?

Point well made. I forgot about those and willing say you are correct on those transactions.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
After watching him on many of his shifts last night I see a veteran that didn't try to over extend beyond his reach. That may come once he gets familiar with the team, but to me he played a solid game & did not stick out. That is what I want from a 3rd pair dman. Korpi was also invisible on the ice, & I don't see that as a good thing. Hope he finds his legs soon

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Perfect, no.

But the day Prout was signed this board of know-nothings groaned. Same with the day Boll was signed. And behold, they've both been let go. You'd think Jarmo would have known better.

They also realized their mistake switching Mackenzie for Campbell - again it's not just hindsight, it was a mistake on day one.

In fairness, many of those same people complain about everything, so they're bound to be right once in awhile.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wish Prout the best... always enjoyed his fights, though the past few seasons he had fought less and less.

Quincey should be a solid fit.. didn't mind what I saw out of him on Thursday night.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Really, that's your take?

The Jackets having the 3rd best record in the NHL is "where we should have been in the first place if he hadn't messed it up?" They should have had the 3rd best record for years, but Jarmo's been holding them back?

I think the intent was that we never should have re-signed Prout in the first place. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it. Although I would add it's better to make up for a mistake than to bury it and ignore it. Moving Prout made me all kinds of happy. Never been a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad