Prospects with Captain Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
In FLA, if you consider him a prospect kinda, Steve Weiss.

Others with captain material:
Anthony Stewart
Rostislav Olesz
Greg Campbell

MAYBE Nate Horton, I dunno. I'm not sure about him yet.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Leachmeister2000 said:
So you're saying that Kesler has less skills than Linden and that Linden sucks...therefore Kesler sucks.

I can't believe nobody else has responded to this stupid comment.. obviously you never watched Linden before he played for the Islanders.. He was an All-star on a couple of occasions and a member of the 1998 Canadian Olympic team. Linden was the heart and soul of Vancouver and 30 goals per season plus strong two way play and one of the best community guys around.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This is one area where I don't feel NJ is solid at all. Parise would make a good assistant but captain is very doubtfull. Vrana would also make a good assistant but not captain. Depending on how David Hale develops I think he would be our best choice.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
flyers guy said:
Why in the world is that?
He just doesn't strike me as a player that would be a good leader. He wasn't captain in North Dakota, wasn't captain for Team USA, isn't the captain in Albany.....just a gut feeling.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Seabrook, Barker, and Fraser could all be NHL captains someday. But Bell, Calder, or Ruutu will probably hold the C in Chicago for the next decade hopefully.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Leachmeister2000 said:
So you're saying that Kesler has less skills than Linden and that Linden sucks...therefore Kesler sucks.

You have reading comprehension problems.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
GagneOwnsYou said:
I disagree with those who said Stewart. He floats too much to be captain material.

Actually, Stewart doesn't fight nearly enough. He usually stays away from it because of his value to the team. If he fought more there would be a lot more broken jaws around the OHL like Horton received.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
This is one area that I feel the Sabres excell at.

• Dan Paille
  • Drew Stafford
  • Paul Gaustad
  • Chris Thorburn

All have captain potential. Last year AHL and NHL Derek Roy also would make the list but this years version (although producing) is scaring me. You could also make a case for guys like Clarke Macarthur and even Doug Janik (if he ever makes it to the NHL on a consistent basis).

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
The only prospect on the Coyotes I can see with that potential is probably Keith Ballard. I dont know if he captained Minnesota, but he's a leader.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
He just doesn't strike me as a player that would be a good leader. He wasn't captain in North Dakota, wasn't captain for Team USA, isn't the captain in Albany.....just a gut feeling.

I agree. But what might happen is Niedermayer wearing the C for the next 4 or 5 years while Parise wears an A, and then when he leaves, Parise might be ready for a C.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Moskau said:
This is one area that I feel the Sabres excell at.

• Dan Paille
  • Drew Stafford
  • Paul Gaustad
  • Chris Thorburn

All have captain potential. Last year AHL and NHL Derek Roy also would make the list but this years version (although producing) is scaring me. You could also make a case for guys like Clarke Macarthur and even Doug Janik (if he ever makes it to the NHL on a consistent basis).

If you're going to say Doug Janik then I'd include Adam Mair on that Sabres list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad