Prospects with Captain Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Jason MacIsaac said:
He just doesn't strike me as a player that would be a good leader. He wasn't captain in North Dakota, wasn't captain for Team USA, isn't the captain in Albany .....just a gut feeling.

Ya, because teams usually give the captaincy to rookies.... :shakehead

Also, for Team USA, it would have been tough to find a better captain than Mark Stuart.

Matty

May 20, 2002
Strawberry Fields
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
So you're saying that Kesler has less skills than Linden and that Linden sucks...therefore Kesler sucks.

Linden:
- All time Canucks point leader.
- Playoffs: 112GP 32G 60A 92PTS
- 814 Career Points

Well, if Kesler "sucks" like that, then I won't be too dissapointed. :p:

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Jackman for the Blues...McClement and possibly Sejna for A's

Around the league:
Jeff Tambellini (LA) seems to be a good shot at being a captian
Mark Stuart...no need to explain
Norekelain (NYI) seems to be very strong
Korporski (NYR) seems to be a Dallas Drake type of guy
Maxime Talbot (Pens)...Great Character, just great character...

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Kvashinator12 said:
not one person said Jermey Colliton...i don't see how anyone can leave him out of this.

Especially considering how many times Chipchura's name has come up. I don't really get how Chipchura can have a better potential to be captain than the guy that plays first line ahead of him, was picked over him for the WJC team for his leadership, and most of all, plays captain over him. Even if Colliton is a year older, they've both been on the team long enough that if Chipchura was a better leader, he'd have earned the C by now, rather than losing his A. But Colliton was never hyped much, and Chipchura was, so there you go.

Regardless, I'm hoping to see Colliton and Nokelainen battle it out for captain on the Isle one day.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
19bruins19 said:
Ya, because teams usually give the captaincy to rookies.... :shakehead

Also, for Team USA, it would have been tough to find a better captain than Mark Stuart.
I guess Ryan Hale was a better captain in UND also.......there is a reason why he is the A everywhere he goes. Albany didn't give him a letter either, something Hale did get while only being a rookie in the AHL and a 1 year NHL vetren.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Stuart for the B's..., Steen, Egener for the Bolts, Ovechkin for the Caps (I see him maturing into a great captain), Olesz, Hale, Picard for the Jackets, Phaneuf, Higgins, probably a ton more.

Munchausen

I think Getzlaf is a really bad choice, even though I love the skills. I could be wrong, but everything I've read about the guy and what I've seen from him on the ice screems "as dumb as a door knob".

I personally think Phaneuf is going to be one hell of a captain some day. One great catch for Calgary.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Munchausen said:
I think Getzlaf is a really bad choice, even though I love the skills. I could be wrong, but everything I've read about the guy and what I've seen from him on the ice screems "as dumb as a door knob".

He was the captain of Anaheim's prospect tournament team in September and looked like a real leader out there to me.

I know he has had some problems with Calgary while wearing the C , but he will mature and get past those type of problems.

He will at least wear an A during his NHL career.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Senor Rational said:
Norekelain (NYI) seems to be very strong
Nokelainen?
I wouldn't say very strong, but he has a physical edge and looks like a possible captain in the future... This guy will dazzle with his amazing dekes and very good skating, smart shoots and good vision. I love how he has honed his finishing skills during last offseason, he is a threat all over the ice now.

Korporski (NYR) seems to be a Dallas Drake type of guy
Korpikoski. And Dallas Drake must've been the best comparison I've heard yet!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Drake is IMO the best open ice hitter of the past few years, I doubt Korpikorski will match his hitting ability.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
For the Pens...

Brooks Orpik- Already being groomed to be the captain when Lemieux retires.
Maxime Talbot
Ben Eaves
Evgeni Malkin
Don't forget Noah Welch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad