Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
yes yes yes yes yes I’m ready

B8D95147-480D-4671-AEAF-74A193BE17F5.gif

Reactions: Devs3cups

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Slafkovsky was awful yesterday, and he’s not playing tonight. So hoping for a big game for Nemec, lots of Slovaks should be tuned in even if it’s gonna be very late

Was he? I saw that one play on Twitter that he made a nice play at least lol

Hopefully Nemec has a good game but I'm just excited to see some Devils hockey today

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Was he? I saw that one play on Twitter that he made a nice play at least lol

Hopefully Nemec has a good game but I'm just excited to see some Devils hockey today
He was trying to do to much, dangle his way through everyone and made a bad play leading to a short handed goal.

Nemec has never been that type of player, he’s way more calm and collected. I think he will have a good game

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Slafkovsky was great yesterday based off what I saw. He might be trying to be to flashy but this is a rookie tournament, If he can't try the cute stuff during this then where can he?

Here's the Montreal Roster for the game.

1663342237091-png.585095

If you take out Holtz I would say the Habs forward group is better, The Devils D and goalie is definitely better though.

Reactions: Guttersniped

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Slafkovsky was great yesterday, showed off everything the Habs drafted him for. Sad we don't get to see him today, but whatevs. Devils hockey!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Crane, Carson & Jerry sounds like a law firm.
So does Walsh, Groleau, and Bahl.

Slafkovsky was awful yesterday, and he’s not playing tonight. So hoping for a big game for Nemec, lots of Slovaks should be tuned in even if it’s gonna be very late

Slafkovsky was great yesterday, showed off everything the Habs drafted him for. Sad we don't get to see him today, but whatevs. Devils hockey!
1663354836576.gif

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I mean he had a great first period, looked dominant. Than didn’t play so well after that. Maybe being Slovak I’m a bit harsher than others on him :naughty:
He did do some skating with his head down and some bad no look passes but I didn't see any red flags. Most of those kind of mistakes are easily fixable/coach-able.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
So does Walsh, Groleau, and Bahl.

View attachment 585179
I’m guessing it goes a bit to what you’re looking for.

If you’re judging on just that game then maybe he was poor but if you were judging based on skills you’re projecting to the future then he was good.

I tend to do the latter for these prospects games but it’s no better nor worse to judge the players on where they are right now. Some guys never end up developing beyond whatever they are now.

Rynewed

Sep 16, 2022
If Jesper Bratt's brother can come to rookie camp without a contract - why cant Luke Hughes?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
If Jesper Bratt's brother can come to rookie camp without a contract - why cant Luke Hughes?
Training camp is a professional setting so I believe the NCAA would not approve of attendance.

NCAA will allow you to attend your teams prospect development camp that the Devils had over the summer but you must pay for everything yourself (minus a 48 hour rule that we can set to the side).

The college players aren’t even allowed to keep their jerseys or hats from prospect camp unless they pay for them.

I’m not sure if teams can now find some NIL loopholes for some of this.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

I'm sure he can, but he doesn't need to. He's got nothing to prove. A rookie camp isn't going to change management's minds over whether Luke will play in the nhl this season or next and he most definitely will play in nhl next season.

Rynewed

Sep 16, 2022
Training camp is a professional setting so I believe the NCAA would not approve of attendance.

NCAA will allow you to attend your teams prospect development camp that the Devils had over the summer but you must pay for everything yourself (minus a 48 hour rule that we can set to the side).

The college players aren’t even allowed to keep their jerseys or hats from prospect camp unless they pay for them.

I’m not sure if teams can now find some NIL loopholes for some of this.
Hmmm...

Since our PTO's arent here I figured this wasnt all that professional. And man college rules stink

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Hmmm...

Since our PTO's arent here I figured this wasnt all that professional. And man college rules stink
I’m only guessing that this is considered part of training camp.

The NCAA FAQ talks about summer development camps and since the Devils already had one, I don’t think the NCAA would view any type of other gathering as a development camp. Especially when this flows right into regular training camp.

Rynewed

Sep 16, 2022
I’m only guessing that this is considered part of training camp.

The NCAA FAQ talks about summer development camps and since the Devils already had one, I don’t think the NCAA would view any type of other gathering as a development camp. Especially when this flows right into regular training camp.
Is there any real reason why the NCAA would take issue with this?

Doesnt the NHL make hefty donations to the NCAA? Would think theyd be a bit more friendly about something like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad