Prospect Info: Prospects - Offseason Discussion

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
Oilers invite Ty Rimmer G (WHL - Lethbridge Hurricanes) to rookie camp. Very exciting. Really a great goalie and was an absolute star on the 'Canes last year. Played over 100 more minutes and recorded 200 more saves than any other goalie in the WHL last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123021

Some youtube clips:

Fought Brossoit this year

Fuhr is a family friend

2011-2012 WHL Western Conference Goalie of the year (Bunz was Eastern Conf winner)

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Oilers invite Ty Rimmer G (WHL - Lethbridge Hurricanes) to rookie camp. Very exciting. Really a great goalie and was an absolute star on the 'Canes last year. Played over 100 more minutes and recorded 200 more saves than any other goalie in the WHL last year.

This seems like a great invite on the surface. His numbers are pretty decent so it doesn't hurt to give him a shot.

I'm still hoping Bunz really steps up his game this season (his numbers last year were awful) as I don't see Roy developing into much.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
This seems like a great invite on the surface. His numbers are pretty decent so it doesn't hurt to give him a shot.

I'm still hoping Bunz really steps up his game this season (his numbers last year were awful) as I don't see Roy developing into much.

Doesn't look like Bakersfield has a g on their roster and Edmonton has to supply them with a certain number of players. So this might work for goalies:

OKC:
Bachman
Roy

Bakersfield:
Bunz
Rimmer

Bunz and Rimmer push each other.

http://bakersfieldcondors.com/team/roster/

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@Center_Ice
According to CBA article 8.6C: August 15th is the last day Edmonton has rights to Lee Moffie. If he is not signed today he is a free agent.

@coreypronman
Oilers didn't sign college Dman Lee Moffie (former SJ prospect) so he's now a free agent.

Did SJ sign Bigos? Seems like a wasted trade on our parts.

I bet we'll see him signed next year after his college season is over.

It probably makes sense to let him play at least another college season and he'd lose his eligibility if the Oilers signed him now.

I hope so, he seems like a promising player with a big RH shot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder if we'll look to sign that Doty guy that we invited to our prospects camp?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They signed him to an AHL deal.

Thanks, I guess they got a guy for the AHL and we got nothing out of the deal. Oh well if we had no plans for Bigos anyway at least we got to talk to the other kid to try and sign him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Doesn't look like Bakersfield has a g on their roster and Edmonton has to supply them with a certain number of players. So this might work for goalies:

OKC:
Bachman
Roy

Bakersfield:
Bunz
Rimmer

Bunz and Rimmer push each other.

http://bakersfieldcondors.com/team/roster/
I know we have to give x amount of guys to the ECHL, but Rimmer won't be one. He won't be getting a NHL contract from the Oilers, at least I highly doubt it. Could see him maybe getting a AHL deal which would lead to him going to Backersfield, but that wouldn't count as one of the guys we give there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They signed him to an AHL deal.

Thanks, I guess they got a guy for the AHL and we got nothing out of the deal. Oh well if we had no plans for Bigos anyway at least we got to talk to the other kid to try and sign him.

Well technically we could just sign him if he looked good, could we not? Of course he would have to agree, but at the same time if SJ isn't willing to give him a NHL deal and another team is I'd suspect he'd sign.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
I know we have to give x amount of guys to the ECHL, but Rimmer won't be one. He won't be getting a NHL contract from the Oilers, at least I highly doubt it. Could see him maybe getting a AHL deal which would lead to him going to Backersfield, but that wouldn't count as one of the guys we give there.

Right. I didn't think that through. The Barons would be the one's assigning him there not the Oilers.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
Well technically we could just sign him if he looked good, could we not? Of course he would have to agree, but at the same time if SJ isn't willing to give him a NHL deal and another team is I'd suspect he'd sign.

Bigos you mean? If Edm wanted to sign him they would have. Don't know why Edm didn't just sign him to an ahl deal themselves.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bigos you mean? If Edm wanted to sign him they would have. Don't know why Edm didn't just sign him to an ahl deal themselves.

Ya Bigos. I know it's far fetched at this point, just kinda saying if they see he does well in the AHL they could make an offer, very doubtful though.

Another thing on Rimmer and pure speculation on my part, but who exactly do we have for goalies in this year's camp? It could very well be just a numbers thing in getting some goalies into camp.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I know Ty from High School and playing against him.. he was always known as a complete ******. I don't know if I could support him. :laugh:

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
He's a total clown, snap show, etc.

Maybe that's why he got traded a lot. I'm always worried about seemingly good players that get traded a lot in the WHL. Most suitcase players are usually kind of marginal.

I guess Tri-City probably let him go because they wanted to give Comrie more games.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Maybe that's why he got traded a lot. I'm always worried about seemingly good players that get traded a lot in the WHL. Most suitcase players are usually kind of marginal.

I guess Tri-City probably let him go because they wanted to give Comrie more games.

Not saying there aren't any issues with him, but WHL seems to have lots of movement, due to the nature of the league. Restrictions on overages, 16 year olds, and the high turnover in the league. For instance, he probably was dealt last year due to Tri-City having three other overages as well as Comrie waiting in the wings (although, I'm not positive of this), but generally overages are moved lots.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
This was posted on the main boards on 7/31. Haven't seen it posted on the Oiler boards so I thought I'd post it in case no one else had either.

Our resident tough guy/goon Ty Bilcke has signed a free agent try out deal with the Edmonton Oilers. He had the same type of deal with the Rangers last season, which was cancelled due to the NHL lock-out. Honestly, one of the toughest customers in the whole OHL, is an ok skater, but I'll eat my shorts if he makes Edmonton. Strictly goon material, if nothing else, will make the Oilers rookie camp pretty interesting this fall.

Confirmed here:
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/07/17/bilcke-dekort-invited-to-nhl-training-camps/

Edit: looks like Bluebelle had it here:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1471303&highlight=bilcke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad