Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Losing Walcott definitely sucks as he's a heart and soul guy but I think the Crunch will be fine this year. Bournival, Dumont and Andreoff have already been sent down and I don't see any get called up this season unless we get hammered by injuries. Volkov, Joseph, Stephens are ahead of them as is Conacher and Martel. They should also get one of Conacher and Martel as well which is more vet presence, with the depth we have too should see less PTO and ECHL call ups. I think Cernak making the big club will hurt the Crunch the most and they'd be best trying to bring in a Vet top 4 as Thomas or Spencer might not be reliable enough for that.

Archambault, Bournival, and Thomas already on IR with Walcott and Lynch. The first three are expected to be out until mid November at the earliest due to off season surgeries. Cernak has been playing well enough to stay up, especially if Tampa goes with 7 d in the lineup. Still a handful of forwards to have decision made. Not sure Martel comes down as Philly would get to claim him back and send him right to LV. Not sure Conacher clears as he has proven he can and should be playing in the NHL.
First month to month and a half of the season are going to be VERY telling on what the rest of the season will be like for the Crunch. With those five injuries, shifts are open for younger players to step up and show they belong. The question is going to be who is ready to take the next step at this point in their career and become a go to player and leader at the AHL level.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Archambault, Bournival, and Thomas already on IR with Walcott and Lynch. The first three are expected to be out until mid November at the earliest due to off season surgeries. Cernak has been playing well enough to stay up, especially if Tampa goes with 7 d in the lineup. Still a handful of forwards to have decision made. Not sure Martel comes down as Philly would get to claim him back and send him right to LV. Not sure Conacher clears as he has proven he can and should be playing in the NHL.
First month to month and a half of the season are going to be VERY telling on what the rest of the season will be like for the Crunch. With those five injuries, shifts are open for younger players to step up and show they belong. The question is going to be who is ready to take the next step at this point in their career and become a go to player and leader at the AHL level.

Thought Bournival would be back by now, seems like he's been out forever. Didn't know Thomas had off-season surgery either. Archambault was a fringe guy but with Colton, Sommpi and ABB should be covered. With the injuries could explain why they haven't sent Lipanov back to junior and might turn him pro. Injuries suck but it will give more kids AHL game time to see if theylltcut in in the league.

I don't expect Martel to be cut just yet but if Joseph and Volkov stick I see the possibility of him getting sent down once Callahan is back. Conacher might get claimed but like Martel if he can't beat of the kids no point in keeping both in the pressbox so take the chances on one and hopefully both get through waivers. Guys like Bournival and Dumont, possibly Andreoff need to realize that they more likely than not career AHLers going forward and if they except that become a leader in Syracuse like Walcott did as he figured he wasn't going to be an NHLer.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Thought Bournival would be back by now, seems like he's been out forever. Didn't know Thomas had off-season surgery either. Archambault was a fringe guy but with Colton, Sommpi and ABB should be covered. With the injuries could explain why they haven't sent Lipanov back to junior and might turn him pro. Injuries suck but it will give more kids AHL game time to see if theylltcut in in the league.

I don't expect Martel to be cut just yet but if Joseph and Volkov stick I see the possibility of him getting sent down once Callahan is back. Conacher might get claimed but like Martel if he can't beat of the kids no point in keeping both in the pressbox so take the chances on one and hopefully both get through waivers. Guys like Bournival and Dumont, possibly Andreoff need to realize that they more likely than not career AHLers going forward and if they except that become a leader in Syracuse like Walcott did as he figured he wasn't going to be an NHLer.

As usual, excellent points. Andreoff is going to be an interesting study if he clears. He has played a lot at the NHL level with the kings, but now has to play at the AHL level with the Lightning. Where his head and heart are at is going to be huge. If he comes down to Syracuse with a chip on his shoulder and the intention of showing GMJB he belongs in the NHL, that would be awesome. The problem will be if he comes down with an 'I'm better than the AHL" attitude that we have seen from some players in the past. He showed good work ethics with the Kings, so I have my fingers crossed that we see the former and not the later.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Keep in mind that Orlando needs their guys. They especially wouldn't want to strain the relationship immediately.

With Volkov, Joseph, and Cernak sent down, and Orlando getting their guys, Syracuse would be at 14 forwards, 7 D.

Going to Orlando in my scenario would the usual suspects. Somppi, ABB, Bourke, & Brassart. Spencer would stay up

With Walcott gone for pretty much the regular season, TB is likely going to have to make a trade or sign somebody to fill that spot. RHD UFAs I'm seeing (for LD/RD balance) are Scooter Vaughn (also can play RW) Brenden Kitchon, Mark Fayne, Frank Corrado, & Jamie McBain.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Keep in mind that Orlando needs their guys. They especially wouldn't want to strain the relationship immediately.

With Volkov, Joseph, and Cernak sent down, and Orlando getting their guys, Syracuse would be at 14 forwards, 7 D.

Going to Orlando in my scenario would the usual suspects. Somppi, ABB, Bourke, & Brassart. Spencer would stay up

With Walcott gone for pretty much the regular season, TB is likely going to have to make a trade or sign somebody to fill that spot. RHD UFAs I'm seeing (for LD/RD balance) are Scooter Vaughn (also can play RW) Brenden Kitchon, Mark Fayne, Frank Corrado, & Jamie McBain.

Scooter Vaughan is a steady defenseman who is not going to put up big numbers but can provide capable play. McBain was steady last year. The question is what the organization feels they need. Walcott and Vaughan are a nice comparison since both can play forward or defense.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
AHL teams have vet limits and since neither Dumont or Andreoff were claimed, Syracuse is at 6/6. They can carry more, but they can't dress more than 6 veteran skaters.

So an older guy is probably out (or they put someone like Labrie or Gaunce at RD). Frank Corrado is pretty much the only AHL guy who comes in under that 260 game bar, although he had a surgery not too long ago himself IIRC.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Keeping everyone that is waiver eligible (Conacher/Erne/Martel) and sending down all the youngsters for depth (Joseph/Volkov/Stephens/Cernak):

Andreoff - Dumont - Joseph
Katchouk - Stephens - Volkov
Verhaeghe - Colton - Raddysh
Katchouk - Barre Boulet - Yan
Tammela - Sommpi - Bourke - Brassart (ECHL?)

Masin - Cernak
Gauce - Foote
Lebrie - Spencer
Sosunov (ECHL?)

Pasquale
Ingram
Oulette / Boes (ECHL)

This is one hell of a team ... has everything you want. Toughness, speed, skill, youth, vet presence, goaltending ... its looking good. Anyone know or can post the ECHL roster lineup that would be awesome.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
AHL teams have vet limits and since neither Dumont or Andreoff were claimed, Syracuse is at 6/6. They can carry more, but they can't dress more than 6 veteran skaters.

So an older guy is probably out (or they put someone like Labrie or Gaunce at RD). Frank Corrado is pretty much the only AHL guy who comes in under that 260 game bar, although he had a surgery not too long ago himself IIRC.

I believe the Vet Rule applies to players dressed as skaters, not players under contract.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Keeping everyone that is waiver eligible (Conacher/Erne/Martel) and sending down all the youngsters for depth (Joseph/Volkov/Stephens/Cernak):

Andreoff - Dumont - Joseph
Katchouk - Stephens - Volkov
Verhaeghe - Colton - Raddysh
Katchouk - Barre Boulet - Yan
Tammela - Sommpi - Bourke - Brassart (ECHL?)

Masin - Cernak
Gauce - Foote
Lebrie - Spencer
Sosunov (ECHL?)

Pasquale
Ingram
Oulette / Boes (ECHL)

This is one hell of a team ... has everything you want. Toughness, speed, skill, youth, vet presence, goaltending ... its looking good. Anyone know or can post the ECHL roster lineup that would be awesome.

You know I'm your Huckleberry.

This is who I've got with Orlando, atm. The Bears only have a handful of returners, (I only know LeBlanc, Thompson, Valleau, Monfredo, and Baillargeon) and with rookies things get hazy (I also put them at the bottom of charts). The best practice seems to be to sign a full team, and then work in your affiliate players.

(keep 12/13 forwards)
Bourke-LeBlanc-Brassart
Dunn-Somppi-BarreBoulet
Shaw-Lalancette-Ranger
Fiegl-Thompson-Baillargeon
Pedersen-Siiro-Kalk
Lough-Olson-Fitze

(keep 8)
Valleau-????????
Monfredo-Spencer
Boutet-Mann
Struthers-????????
Shoup

Ouellette/Boes

edit: updated for Rankin/Lalancette trade.

I believe the Vet Rule applies to players dressed as skaters, not players under contract.
Right. My mistake if I didn't make that clear.

By "out" I mean discussing guys like Vaughn, McBain, etc. to fill the spot left by Walcott.

Last edited:

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Bolt Prospects Litter USCHO Division I NCAA Hockey Poll | Bolt Prospects
The first USCHO NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Poll for the 2018-19 season was released today containing the pre-season rankings of the Top 20 hockey teams in the country. Six Lightning NCAA prospects are represented on five of the Top-20 rosters. Four of those six prospects will make the leap from high school and USHL hockey to the collegiate ranks this season.

Finally, the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers received a lucky #13 ranking by the USCHO with a pair of Bolt prospects sporting the Gopher lineup for the upcoming season. The elder statesman of Lightning NCAA prospects is defenseman Ryan Zuhlsdorf, a 5th round pick in 2015 by the Lightning, will return for his sophomore tour, alongside the reigning Minnesota Mr. Hockey and 2017 7th round selection center Sammy Walker, who making his collegiate debut.

According to BP Sammy Walker is indeed playing for the University of Minnesota.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Where's that camp roster at tho?

edit: Guess it'll have to be tomorrow since Dumont and Andreoff are supposed to be ready then.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Where do people see Lipanov this season.. OHL or AHL?

Seeing as how they assigned him to Syracuse and not Sudbury looks like the AHL it is. Don't know if it's the best place for him seeing as how he sucked last year and the Crunch have a few better centers than him.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I just noticed that EliteProspects still has Semykin as shooting right :laugh:. Someone should tell them that's wrong.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bears camp (week 1) schedule and roster (although some incongruities)

The Bears announced (with an oddly timed release the day of the TB Orlando game) Stefan Fournier had signed. I've got to wonder what the plan is for RW. He could either bump down Alex Ranger or bump out someone like Barre-Boulet to Syracuse. I'm more inclined to think the latter, but we'll see.

9/29 camp roster pdf
http://files.constantcontact.com/a97edb73201/8fc183da-1a0a-4cb5-ac5e-c140e53722a3.pdf

Last edited:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Just stopping by to check out news on some of your prospects... Damn Syracuse is stacked! Should be exciting to add Katchouk and Raddysh especially after they got a chance to finish out the last season together in the Soo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad