Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They've made a bunch of improvements according to their site. I'm excited to watch the Crunch this year!

You can watch live or on demand correct? I'm working nights so I do most of my TV watching when I get home in the morning and if I could throw the game on id definitely consider getting this. Can you watch on multiple devices too?

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
You can watch live or on demand correct? I'm working nights so I do most of my TV watching when I get home in the morning and if I could throw the game on id definitely consider getting this. Can you watch on multiple devices too?
You can watch on demand. Here are the devices it works with.
SUPPORTED DEVICES
PC/Mac
iOS/Android
Apple TV
Roku
Android TV
Amazon Fire TV

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Lightning and Crunch announce long-term affiliation extension
"It is with great pride and excitement that the Syracuse Crunch extend into a long-term affiliation agreement with the Tampa Bay Lightning ," Crunch owner Howard Dolgon said. "Time and again, the Lightning have proven - from ownership to business and hockey operations, to coaches and players - to be the finest organization in all of sports. We look forward to continuing a long and successful partnership."
"We are very pleased to be extending our affiliation with the Syracuse Crunch today," Lightning vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois said. "The Crunch and Howard Dolgon, along with the city of Syracuse, continue to offer our players an excellent development environment, which is of paramount importance to sustained success in today's NHL. We look forward to continue this great partnership for years to come."

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So is the prospect pool as thin as some are suggesting?

What DFC said, we don't have the high end prospects but we have good depth players. With our top 6 still relatively young, Hedman and Sergachev young we really don't need a ton of high end talent anyways as we have that where it counts in the NHL. We are absolutely thin in net, outside of Ingram we don't have anything close. Centers is the weakest of the forward spots with nobody looking more than a 3C right now. LD is weaker than RD as well. We've traded away a few prospects and high end picks recently so it's always gonna hurt your pool a bit, we just need a mid round kid to become a Point or Palat and we are sitting pretty again.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Are you referring to Pronman's ranking of our prospect pool? Because if you are, well all I'll say is I don't think anyone should take what he says about Hockey remotely seriously.

Overall the prospect pool is ok, but you have to bear in mind a lot of guys have graduated recently and not having a pick until the end of the 2nd in the most recent draft doesn't help.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I will be making most of the Crunch home games this year and may pick up AHL Live so I can chirp in from time to time. Although HoseEm and I don't see exactly eye to eye at times on what we see on the ice, we both report on the good and the bad of the team.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

I do think that a leadership structure will emerge (because it basically has to), but having them split their attention between different organizations across the country makes it way more complex. It's not like they're all located in Syracuse and focused on the Crunch as their top priority every day.

This is why I go on a bit in the JBB thread about who Orlando theoretically calls. Out of Roest, Verbeek, and Pushor, who can actually make things happen for OSB? Or at least, who is the clearinghouse of information, keeping all the organization's needs and priorities (especially Syracuse's) in their head? That's going to be the guy in Syracuse.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

I do think that a leadership structure will emerge (because it basically has to), but having them split their attention between different organizations across the country makes it way more complex. It's not like they're all located in Syracuse and focused on the Crunch as their top priority every day.

This is why I go on a bit in the JBB thread about who Orlando theoretically calls. Out of Roest, Verbeek, and Pushor, who can actually make things happen for OSB? Or at least, who is the clearinghouse of information, keeping all the organization's needs and priorities (especially Syracuse's) in their head? That's going to be the guy in Syracuse.

All Red Wing alum. I think this'll be an interesting difference between Yzerman and Brisebois. Yzerman selected a lot of good hockey minds from his playing days. Not sure if Brisebois has the same sort of contacts, or how he'll select people in key positions moving forward.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
All Red Wing alum. I think this'll be an interesting difference between Yzerman and Brisebois. Yzerman selected a lot of good hockey minds from his playing days. Not sure if Brisebois has the same sort of contacts, or how he'll select people in key positions moving forward.
That's a good point. JBB was basically on the same basic tier as the guys figuring out Syracuse now, and he may not have a strong personal preference of who becomes the guy. Let it play out to see which top guy has their own soft power.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

How did the invitees look in camp, any push for a contract? Fortier has two years left so only Salda will join Syracuse if he earns a contract. In college Lohin and Zuhlsdorf have two years of eligibility left so might not get either one next year. We still have a pretty young roster in Syracuse so we don't need many to make the jump but having just 1 kid make the jump isn't enough. I could see us looking to sign one or two kids like we did ABB or possibly some college FA.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Looks like Crunch camp starts Tues

The Solar Bears re-signed Nolan Valleau. I wouldn't be surprised if he was at Crunch camp. Corbin Boes and Martin Ouellete will likely attend this camp as well.

Vincent Dunn hadn't received an invitation as of a few weeks ago.

The Bears still needs a top pair RD, so who gets invited in that position may be a good indication of an additional Crunch signing.

edit: of course, OSB could get an unaffiliated guy(s) for the remaining holes on defense. I've looked through the depth situation of NHL teams without ECHL affiliates and put together a ranking of likeliness.

Likelihood Power Rankings (Sept 20, 2018)
1. San Jose - 11 defensemen scheduled for SJB and the bottom of their chart are RDs.
2/3. Columbus/Anaheim
4. Florida
5/6. Ottawa & Nashville

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Fortier named captain for Baie-Comeau

Google Translate
"Gabriel is a young man with an irreproachable work ethic. Moreover he is very respected by his teammates, it is a logical choice for us, admits Steve Ahern speaking of the young man of 18 years.

"Gabriel is what we are looking for in our players. A daily work, an incredible work ethic and above all a concern to take care of his teammates on a daily basis. It's a great honor, "said Drakkar head coach Martin Bernard.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Well, kind of puts an early damper on the Crunch season. Several key vets out, but the loss of Walcott is far and away the worst. Some might disagree, and I really don't care, but he is one of the few you could count on to show up and play every night. His leadership on and off the ice are without question, and this leaves a rather large hole to be filled. There is room for the Crunch to make some AHL level signings, provided they get the ok from Tampa. As young as the Crunch started last season, looks like they will be right there again this year if not even younger.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Well, kind of puts an early damper on the Crunch season. Several key vets out, but the loss of Walcott is far and away the worst. Some might disagree, and I really don't care, but he is one of the few you could count on to show up and play every night. His leadership on and off the ice are without question, and this leaves a rather large hole to be filled. There is room for the Crunch to make some AHL level signings, provided they get the ok from Tampa. As young as the Crunch started last season, looks like they will be right there again this year if not even younger.
I got the sense that Walcott was very important for the Crunch. A versatile player and really sort of the face of the team right now in marketing. He probably wasn't going to make it in the NHL, but that made him all the more Syracuse's guy.

Scott Tanski was a fan favorite in Orlando a few years ago and when he got a long-term injury, he threw himself into charity and team events. Participating in (very likely) everything the organization did. Unanimously winning the team's Community Service Award at the end of the year. He's also still one of the most popular players in the ECHL team's history because of that.

He's carried on with his community-oriented ways since.

So while Daniel is probably rightly bummed about his injury, the bright side is that he can still contribute to the Crunch more fully, and in new ways he wouldn't be able to if he were playing.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I got the sense that Walcott was very important for the Crunch. A versatile player and really sort of the face of the team right now in marketing. He probably wasn't going to make it in the NHL, but that made him all the more Syracuse's guy.

Scott Tanski was a fan favorite in Orlando a few years ago and when he got a long-term injury, he threw himself into charity and team events. Participating in (very likely) everything the organization did. Unanimously winning the team's Community Service Award at the end of the year. He's also still one of the most popular players in the ECHL team's history because of that.

He's carried on with his community-oriented ways since.

So while Daniel is probably rightly bummed about his injury, the bright side is that he can still contribute to the Crunch more fully, and in new ways he wouldn't be able to if he were playing.

Walcott has been far more valuable to the organization as a whole since he first started wearing the colors than many people realize. Of all the injuries so far, his is going to have the biggest effect on the team. Scoring should not be a problem for the Crunch, but not having Daniel Walcott will mean someone who has not stepped up to this point in their career is going to have to and provide on and off the ice leadership. Not sure Gaunce or Labrie is the answer.
What all these vet injuries do do is open some vet spots on the Crunch roster, at least for the start of the season. There are now a couple of more holes to be plugged, but if there are going to be AHL signings they had better come soon as the available pool is indeed shrinking.
Like him or not, I still type it would be a HUGE show of support to local hockey to sign Tom Sestito and have him finish his pro career where he started it. I know he announced his retirement, but he is a local player with NHL/AHL experience that could fill part of the leadership hole. If the Crunch were indeed the AHL team that made him an offer, no time like the present to add a bit more flavor to it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Losing Walcott definitely sucks as he's a heart and soul guy but I think the Crunch will be fine this year. Bournival, Dumont and Andreoff have already been sent down and I don't see any get called up this season unless we get hammered by injuries. Volkov, Joseph, Stephens are ahead of them as is Conacher and Martel. They should also get one of Conacher and Martel as well which is more vet presence, with the depth we have too should see less PTO and ECHL call ups. I think Cernak making the big club will hurt the Crunch the most and they'd be best trying to bring in a Vet top 4 as Thomas or Spencer might not be reliable enough for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad