Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...ignment_to_florida_of_the_e.html#incart_river
Syracuse Crunch goalie Riku Helenius has decided to shake the dust off his game by agreeing to an assignment to Florida of the ECHL.

The veteran apparently had a change of heart and left Syracuse on Tuesday bound for the Everblades. Helenius previously declined a demotion to the lower league, as was his contractual right.

Helenius has not played since Nov. 27. He was nudged out of the picture when Tampa Bay promoted promising prospect Kristers Gudlevskis from Florida on Dec. 4.
With injuries and callups, it is very likely that Helenius will fit into the Crunch's plans again this season. Also, it's like that Gudlevskis will make the Latvian Olympic team, a development that would create a temporary spot for Helenius in Syracuse.

"We're happy Riku has agreed to join the Everblades,'' said Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois. "We feel it is the best opportunity for him to play games, continue to develop as a player and stay ready to help the Crunch when called upon to do so in the future.''
Earlier Tuesday, before news of Helenius' assignment was announced, his agent, Jay Grossman, said the goalie thought things through and and general reached the conclusion that he should get back into game shape.

"He was disappointed,'' Grossman said of Helenius' initial reaction. "But at this point, it's pretty clear he needs to be playing. I think that Riku has the ability to be pretty resilient. The reality at that position is you have the talent to play. A big part is the mental component of that. It's probably wise you get that in order before you put yourself in a worse position.''

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
So whats going on with the crunch right now? Last place in their division. We were praised for having one of the best farm/prospect systems but now most of those players are in the NHL, how do we revive our minor league club?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So whats going on with the crunch right now? Last place in their division. We were praised for having one of the best farm/prospect systems but now most of those players are in the NHL, how do we revive our minor league club?

Get healthy and send down Kucherov, Brown and Cote.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Nacho and Namestnikov are back playing for the Crunch now...this should prove to be a good start.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
This is a really bad year for Syracuse and I am not sure they will make the playoffs. Even when Stammer gets healthy at least 1 other player will be injured again so I am not sure we will send any (forward) down until TD when we MIGHT go for another veteran.
But looking at the roster for next year, I think it should be pretty competitive.

The forwards will be the problem again next year, with only Ikonen coming in. So they will good production from Paquette and Vladdy again. And Ikonen and Richard will be forced to step up their game. If we can get Gusev over this should help a lot and maybe we sign a good FA forward again? Or draft another overager.

Vasya and Gudlevskis will be up their as one of, if not the best tandem in the A and our D should be pretty good as well.

Nesterov-Koekkoek
Sergeev/Taormina-Cote
Sergeev/Blujus-Dotchin

We might go after another veteran or NCAA FA as well, so even if either Cote or Koekkoek will stay with the big club, the D squad should be pretty competitive.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Joel Vermin has a contract, so he will probably be coming over. They also tried to sign Reto Suri to a deal that would let him come over in 2013-14 so maybe they try and do that again.

Another potential guy is Saku Salminen. He's been out the whole season so far, but he has some experience on Jokerit. He would need a contract first.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This is a really bad year for Syracuse and I am not sure they will make the playoffs. Even when Stammer gets healthy at least 1 other player will be injured again so I am not sure we will send any (forward) down until TD when we MIGHT go for another veteran.
But looking at the roster for next year, I think it should be pretty competitive.

The forwards will be the problem again next year, with only Ikonen coming in. So they will good production from Paquette and Vladdy again. And Ikonen and Richard will be forced to step up their game. If we can get Gusev over this should help a lot and maybe we sign a good FA forward again? Or draft another overager.

Vasya and Gudlevskis will be up their as one of, if not the best tandem in the A and our D should be pretty good as well.

Nesterov-Koekkoek
Sergeev/Taormina-Cote
Sergeev/Blujus-Dotchin

We might go after another veteran or NCAA FA as well, so even if either Cote or Koekkoek will stay with the big club, the D squad should be pretty competitive.

Why must you be negative or are you using reverse psychology hoping no one gets hurt?

Agree the forwards will be an issue again next year, not expecting much from Ikonen or any of the Euro's if they come over. Think the issue this hear has been the veteran forwards haven't stepped up. Tyrell and Walker have been pretty bad, Rankin has been a little better lately but still below expectations.

You forgot Witkowski on D he has been a bright spot back there. Only see Taormina back if he takes an AHL deal only.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Kucherov is in the NHL to stay. I don't see anything he needs to develop that can't be/shouldn't be developed at the NHL level. Seems like sending him to the Crunch would be purely for the benefit of the Crunch, not for Nik, and not for the Lightning. His two-way play has been a pleasant surprise. And I just don't see a better option for us to play his minutes.

This might unfortunately be a write-off year for the Crunch. We have the core of last year's team + Kuch in the NHL, and they look like NHLers. While that sucks for the Crunch, the fact is they were winning because they had players capable of playing in the NHL, and you can't hold those guys out of the league.

I think things will get better next year when we'll have some CHL grads and, I think (I could be wrong though) a college grad or two heading their way. But at the same time, we're not going to find Tyler Johnsons and Cory Conachers just floating out there in no-man's land every year to stack our AHL roster.

The other thing is, I think it's very likely Vasilevski winds up in Syracuse next year and splits time with Kristers. So that situation, at least, will be pretty healthy.

Then again, I really can't see Brett Connolly in Syracuse next year, one way or another. Either he finally makes the NHL team, or we move him. He'll probably want to be moved by then.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vladdy with 2 goals (and Crunch with 6) so far tonight. Welcome back Vladdy!

Labrie 1+1, Connolly 1+2. Good night.

Connolly might be out of NHL opportunities this year, but it's good to see him finally bouncing back.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Interesting to see if we give Namestnikov a look this season. If he wasn't injured he probably would've gotten his chance already and I could see them calling him up in case of injury as it's already his second year in the AHL and he's been tearing it up down there.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Interesting to see if we give Namestnikov a look this season. If he wasn't injured he probably would've gotten his chance already and I could see them calling him up in case of injury as it's already his second year in the AHL and he's been tearing it up down there.

Won't happen. Syracuse is already shorthanded

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I think Vladdy is in Tampa before the end of the year. The line with Brown, Kuch, and him was too hot together to not reunite them at one level or the other. It is unusual to see a line work as well together as they did this year, so I feel it would be in the best interest for the organization to get them together at the next level and turn them lose to see what they do. If that line does take off, it frees up players who may not be performing at expected levels for reassignment or trade bait.
Sucks to be us here in Syracuse, but our ultimate mission is to get players ready for Tampa Bay and the NHL.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Syracuse rolled out the following lines against the Marlies:

DiSalvatori - Namestnikov - Connolly
Tyrrel - Paquette - Rankin
Nacho - Angelidis - Walker
Nielsen - Richard

Witkowski - Korobov
Nesterov - Taormina
Sergeev - Mormina

Without Namestnikov and Nacho who both just came back - what are the Syracuse fans expectations on talent level and W/L record? Syracuse also had Nesterov for a significant injury out for weeks.

The Marlies TV commentator expressed several times during the game how fast and "impressive" Namestnikov looked last night. Crunch plays the Binghatom Senators who are leading the division tonight - should be a good measuring stick on how these new lines will perform in near future.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Riku playing for the blades tonight has given up 6 goals on 27 shots after 2 periods.

Meanwhile CD gave up 3 on 15 in just over a periods worth of work before getting replaced by Kristers. 3-3 after 2 with the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad