Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
So Landry is now the 6th defenseman on the Crunch roster. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated for Crunch fans as well as the Crunch goaltenders.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So Landry is now the 6th defenseman on the Crunch roster. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated for Crunch fans as well as the Crunch goaltenders.

They can't move Dylan Olsen back to D? Who got hurt again?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
They can't move Dylan Olsen back to D? Who got hurt again?

Taormina and Angelidis both didn't practice today. Taormina with a leg injury and Angelidis with his collarbone. From what I've been hearing, Angelidis is just taking a maintenance.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Taormina is out with the infamous upper boy injury. Paradis is out at least another week. Angelidis reportedly was hurt during a check against the Sens. Guess the last couple of fairly injury free seasons is catching up with the organization.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Taormina is out with the infamous upper boy injury. Paradis is out at least another week. Angelidis reportedly was hurt during a check against the Sens. Guess the last couple of fairly injury free seasons is catching up with the organization.

Yup! Too bad we were awful when we were so unusually healthy. Now we are having a terrible injury bug to pay for it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Almost time to get excited about him again.
Seriously, what a roller coaster season for him. Red hot (NHL pre-season), ice cold (NHL regular season), red hot (AHL), ice cold (NHL/AHL), red hot (AHL), repeat.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
He has 23 points in 24 games. Considering how slow he started, he is RED HOT right now, in terms of point production (9 points in 3 games in January). I wouldn't mind allowing Panik to get some "conditioning" in the AHL a la Connolly.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has 23 points in 24 games. Considering how slow he started, he is RED HOT right now, in terms of point production (9 points in 3 games in January). I wouldn't mind allowing Panik to get some "conditioning" in the AHL a la Connolly.

I'm with you, particularly if Connolly can keep up anything close to this. Feels like it couldn't hurt, although I do think Panik's been starting to show some flashes of potential again. But these two are definitely the TB enigmas right now, so I don't see any harm in swapping them when the timing's right to see if we can finally get one of them jump-started in the NHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm with you, particularly if Connolly can keep up anything close to this. Feels like it couldn't hurt, although I do think Panik's been starting to show some flashes of potential again. But these two are definitely the TB enigmas right now, so I don't see any harm in swapping them when the timing's right to see if we can finally get one of them jump-started in the NHL.

The only problem with bringing him up is that he wouldn't get the top 6 minutes he needs. Panik is playing a bottom 6 role so to put Connolly there would be unbeneficial. Let him continue to tear up the A and carry Syracuse into the playoffs. I'd like to see Panik get more playing time to get his offense rolling but I don't know what a demotion would do to his confidence.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The only problem with bringing him up is that he wouldn't get the top 6 minutes he needs. Panik is playing a bottom 6 role so to put Connolly there would be unbeneficial. Let him continue to tear up the A and carry Syracuse into the playoffs. I'd like to see Panik get more playing time to get his offense rolling but I don't know what a demotion would do to his confidence.

I don't disagree. I think it's situational, as in, if Brown winds up out for longer than we think or whatnot, which would open up a spot to give Connolly another trial run. I also don't think it would hurt Brown to give him 4th line minutes, since I think that was the plan before he started outplaying Panik.

Panik and Connolly are each pretty enigmatic though. Panik's at the point where I'm indifferent on whether he's sent down or not, and I'm sort of indifferent on whether Connolly gets called up. But it at least appears the option is there again.

sinbin

Nov 23, 2007
If Panik comes down he will get 15 minutes of quality playing time including,
powerplay and shorthanded. Right now I don't see another forward coming down unless Vladdy gets a look. Brown-Vladdy-Kucherov are the real deal and future second line of the Bolts.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I don't think Connolly is enigmatic at all - they have to play him right. Connolly is a scorer...they tried him at Center? when he came up. Right now he is playing with Namestnikov and Desalvotore. Meaning he is the scorer/sniper of his line and he excels in that role. At the beggning in Cuse...they had him playing with Namestnikov and Kucherov and they asked Connolly to go in the dirty areas of the ice while Kuch was the sniper - and that failed miserably for Connolly. They now let DiSalvatore go into the dirty areas, Namestnikov does the playmaking, and Connolly is the sniper. When used in this role - Connolly excels. When we ask him to be out of his comfort zone, he struggles.

For me...Connolly would be great with Palat & TJ. Get Palat in the dirty areas and just have Connolly be the sniper...I'm leaning towards Connolly, Johnson, Palat third line of the future...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
#‎SyrCrunch‬ Head Coach Rob Zettler and forward Brett Connolly named to AHL All-Star team

http://syracusecrunch.com/news/2014/1/9/MHOCKEY_0109145808.aspx

Really dont get why namestnikov is not on the team.

Me too - Namestnikov is a beast and should have definitely made the All-Star roster. Maybe his injury had something to do with it...however, his point total (25 pts in 20 games) puts him among the leaders in pts p/game down at the AHL.

I get to watch every Crunch game...Nametnikov is definitely a monster of a Center with a really high ceiling.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

That's great news! I read on BoltProspects new mailbag segment that Koekkoek is considered one of, if not the, best defenseman in the OHL.

It’s time to get excited about Slater Koekkoek. I’ll wait. Excellent. Now that we’re all on the same page, I honestly think he’s got a very good chance. All reports from credible sources in Ontario say he’s among the best – if not the best – defenseman in the OHL. His weaknesses coming into the year were fitting into a system properly, discipline, and own-zone play. By all accounts, he’s blown expectations out of the water. -BoltProspects.com

I am so excited to see this kid in Tampa as early as next year. His physical tools certainly won't be holding him back, it'll all be about how quickly he can adjust mentally to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad