Prospects Camp July 7-9

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
DM just pumping tires of a prospect whose development is ahead of expectations. A consolation pick for missing out on Letunov who within a season became a legitimate A prospect (easily Top 50 in the league and likely top 30).
Interesting. Source?

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
What's the plan for Letunov anyway? Sorry if I missed it. Is he going to be a 20 year old freshman? Canadian juniors?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
What's the plan for Letunov anyway? Sorry if I missed it. Is he going to be a 20 year old freshman? Canadian juniors?

19 year-old freshman at BU this year. He needs to add a lot of mass to his frame so it will be really good for him. I think Rt pointed it out that BU has one of the best strength and conditioning programs out of anywhere.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
For how bug Letunov is, he needs some weight and muscle put on. Also needs to develop more awareness in the defensive zone. Give him 3-4 years in college hockey and then he'll come out looking good

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
For how bug Letunov is, he needs some weight and muscle put on. Also needs to develop more awareness in the defensive zone. Give him 3-4 years in college hockey and then he'll come out looking good
It is good to have guys coming through the pipeline now and in the future so 3-4 years is good. If we fill up our lineup all at once, then they will all be due big raises at once. This way it spreads it out and if we have to cost cut eventually like Chicago and others are doing, we will have more affordable options to take the place of those we need to trade. Plus, like you said, he will be in terrific shape when the time comes.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not much information about Bunting and Mayo. How did they look?

Mayo had a good goal, I think it was day 2, didn't notice him getting burned too often which is impressive considering the talent at camp. Bunting showed some nice offensive skills. Honestly it was hard to focus on the B tier guys with domi strome duclair and co out there, but bunting was one of the better second tier guys.

CoyoteCool

Jun 28, 2015
Mayo had a good goal, I think it was day 2, didn't notice him getting burned too often which is impressive considering the talent at camp. Bunting showed some nice offensive skills. Honestly it was hard to focus on the B tier guys with domi strome duclair and co out there, but bunting was one of the better second tier guys.

Bunting showed good two-way instincts. I found his game to be Marchand-esque. He is a bit of a menace.

CoyoteCool

Jun 28, 2015
That would be nice, does he have that much grit to his game though? I always thought he was mostly a scorer.

I would call him pesky rather than gritty. He does know how to score, but he also shows an active stick. Sometimes resulting in unwelcome penalties.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
19 year-old freshman at BU this year. He needs to add a lot of mass to his frame so it will be really good for him. I think Rt pointed it out that BU has one of the best strength and conditioning programs out of anywhere.

I see a 3-5 BU games live a year so I'll check him out.

Curious what is the deal with Yan-Pavel LaPlante. He was a pretty high draft pick in 203 and didn't see him on the Coyotes DC roster.

trying to find info on him its like he vanished

thanks for any info

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I forgot, was Steve Sullivan there? Is he still the player development coach?

He was there, pretty sure he's still development coach too, unless they fired him without saying anything.

Curious what is the deal with Yan-Pavel LaPlante. He was a pretty high draft pick in 203 and didn't see him on the Coyotes DC roster.

thanks for any info

He didn't get a qualifying offer from us iirc.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

thanks for any info
Maloney was asked about him at a Q&A session back in, like, March ... said Laplante had a good start to 14/15 but got injured and hadn't looked the same since. Coyotes didn't offer him a contract, he went back into the 2015 draft and nobody took him. I'd be surprised if he didn't turn up on someone's AHL squad, but bottom 6 wingers are the most replaceable players in hockey ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad