Prospects Camp July 7-9

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Can anyone elaborate on Plachta a little?

I thought he showed some good skills and IQ in the scrimmage and it looked to me like he played some shifts back on D too, which shows intelligence and trust from coaches. Guessing a few F played D due to only 29(?) guys in camp? Am I out to lunch on this?
He made some nice plays, but considering he was 4 years older than everyone else he wasn't all that impressive.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I disagree, he's saying that right now Dvorak looks as NHL ready as guys like Domi and Duclair. This is a guy who was super adamant that almost no 19 year old is ready for the NHL.

This speaks a ton of how highly the organization thinks of Dvorak.

Not sure we're really disagreeing at all here. I think he's saying that Dvorak has as good a shot as anyone and a better shot than most at being able to play up..... at this juncture. This juncture is really meaningless at this point though, it's not until the lads can prove their worth at camp that honestly matters.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Can anyone elaborate on Plachta a little?

I thought he showed some good skills and IQ in the scrimmage and it looked to me like he played some shifts back on D too, which shows intelligence and trust from coaches. Guessing a few F played D due to only 29(?) guys in camp? Am I out to lunch on this?

Maloney said he was quite impressed with him on a Sirius/XM NHL Network's "Power Play" program interview.

I was surprised none of the resident genius hereabouts picked up on him.

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
Plachta is 4+ years older than guys is true, but I assume has very limited experience on NA ice ... coming from Germany it might have been one of a handful of times in a competition on smaller ice?

Did anyone else see him taking shifts as a Dman? Did other F play back as well?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Maloney said he was quite impressed with him on a Sirius/XM NHL Network's "Power Play" program interview.

I was surprised none of the resident genius hereabouts picked up on him.

His test will be training camp. I will say it's a little worrisome he didn't stick out playing with the youngins. He does play a very physical game though and that often doesn't show well at that kind of event. Our forwards were so stacked there too the mid tier guys had a hard time sticking out.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Plachta is 4+ years older than guys is true, but I assume has very limited experience on NA ice ... coming from Germany it might have been one of a handful of times in a competition on smaller ice?

Did anyone else see him taking shifts as a Dman? Did other F play back as well?
During the scrimmage on day 2 or the drills on day 1? Everyone played some D in the drills Monday, I didn't really notice him playing D during the scrimmage.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
His test will be training camp. I will say it's a little worrisome he didn't stick out playing with the youngins. He does play a very physical game though and that often doesn't show well at that kind of event. Our forwards were so stacked there too the mid tier guys had a hard time sticking out.

The test is always training camp and the thereafter. Prospect development camp is just that and has little value for any meaningful evaluation. Therefore, I'd have to agree that it's worrisome if he didn't stand out at all, but GMDM felt like he did... so there's that.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
DM just pumping tires of a prospect whose development is ahead of expectations. A consolation pick for missing out on Letunov who within a season became a legitimate A prospect (easily Top 50 in the league and likely top 30).

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
[Plachta] made some nice plays, but considering he was 4 years older than everyone else he wasn't all that impressive.
I hate to use the M word, but Tipp said the other day that "physical and mental maturity" is the difference between kids who are and are not NHL ready. I would suspect that Plachta is here to compete with the Lessios and the Szwarzes and the rest of the 14th forward / call-up group. Screams "come up and don't make mistakes and keep Hank Samuelsson stuck in the AHL until he scores 30 goals there."

Also, his father Jacek played professionally in Germany for 18 years, proof that this team has never met a pro hockey son it doesn't like.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31955

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Took me 37 seconds to realize this wasn't a Coyotes advert ... I'm cool with "Hockey the hard way" or "Join the pack," but the day that our marketing slogan becomes "Powered by accuracy," I'm off the bandwagon haha

Cool spot. Dope tattoo, too.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
DM just pumping tires of a prospect whose development is ahead of expectations. A consolation pick for missing out on Letunov who within a season became a legitimate A prospect (easily Top 50 in the league and likely top 30).

We missed on Letunov?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Plan apparently was to take him in 2nd round after we took MacInnis. St Louis beat us to the punch so we took Dvorak.

We may end up with three pretty good players. Time will tell.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We may end up with three pretty good players. Time will tell.

Macinnis hasn't been impressive ever when I've watched him. He is supposed to be a bit of a project so he could still be good down the line but I'd put him way below dvorak and well below letunov too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00