Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
MojoJojo said:
Alexander Drozdetsky. Not that Ive ever seen more than clips of him on the internet, or that I dont think he couldnt be a good NHL forward. I just dont think he will ever leave Russia to play in the AHL. I dont see the Flyers giving him ice time without some exposure to the North American game without the option of sending him down to the Phantoms.

flyers would be the last team to do that your right, after dealing with Pletka and Divisek.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
mikhnov and rita for me.... and hemsky (if we can count him as a prospect still) better show something in his 4th pro year (next season) otherwise he will fall into that category for me as well

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Sutter stated last year that he saw Kobasew taking the #2 RW spot for the Flames. He failed to do that so he rounded out his game. I think this year in the AHL he has improved upon his leadership area and regained his offensive confidence. I definately wouldn't count this kid out of a top 6 forward spot, considering Sutter thinks he can do it.

As for Nystrom, I think he would make a strong 3rd line checker who can play against other teams opposition. To me that is a very critical position and holds a lot of value. Just because he won't be a 30+ scorer does not mean he won't have worth. Being a guy the team can look up to shut down the other team is very nice. Up until last year, would you call Drapers roll insignifcant?
I still don't see Kobasew as a consistent 20+ goal scorer 50+ pt guy. Thats my personal opinion, it could turn out to be completely wrong. Based on what I have seen from him at the NHL level i don't see him as anything more than a 3rd liner for most of his career. How many Chris Drapers are there in the NHL? Not many eh? Outside of Madden, Holik, Lehtinen, Peca, and Draper, there are not many elite 3rd line forwards who consistently shut down the opposition. I don't see Nystrom becoming one of them. He may have a decent career as a 3rd/4th line grinder, but he won't have a career worthy of a first round pick. Nystrom will never become an elite shutdown centre in this league, he may not even last more than five years or make it at all. Kobasew has a much better chance at a good career than Nystrom, but I don't think either of them will ever be considered a top-six forward or get a single all-star invite. If Kobasew goes on to score 30 I will eat my words.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
tuckerdomi said:
man this kid was a bust

Yeah you said that in your thread but the fact is Malhotra not even close to still being a prospect (346 NHL games :teach: ).

Look at his numbers with Columbus last year:

56 games 12 goals 13 assists 25 points.

Thats pretty good for a third line center and he can only get better now that he has found a team he is comfortable with.

I see him being Columbus' third line center for the next ten years.

CorneliusBennet

Nov 29, 2004
theBob said:
Igor Radulov!

2 years ago he amazes us with 5 goals, 6 points in 7 NHL games.
1 year ago he makes the squad only to be demoted after a month for lack of production. He then fails to impress in the AHL.
This year he gets 0 points in the AHL, gets demoted to the ECHL, refuses to report to play, citing he is too good for the ECHL.

This guy is seriously a disgrace with all the talent he has. Just another Ty Jones. Maybe a more skill focused team could pick him up and make him a good player. Can we get a 2nd for his services?

as well you should. I happen to know a bit about the Radulov situation and he's never going to play in the NHL. He has no relationship with the Hawks management at this point that would even allow them to move forward anyway (aside from them owning his rights). It would be a surprise to see Igor set foot in a major N.American hockey league again, IMO.

CorneliusBennet

Nov 29, 2004
saskhab said:
Hopefully I regret this... but Duncan Milroy.

Radulov for my Chicago side, but that's incredibly obvious. What a turd.

I liked what I saw from Milroy on friday night...

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I just got here in my time machine from two years from now.

My answer two years from now will be Danny Fritsche.

Rufio65*

Jeff Heerema
Jason Spezza ( He still could be a very solid NHL player but Ottawa prevented him from being a superstar.)
Juri Hudler
Raffi Torres
Brad Boyes
Pascal Leclair
Dan Blackburn (NY ruined him like they do to most prospects)
Dan Paille ( The most overrated prospect ever)
Tim Conolly ( He should have been great)
Brian Finley
Lundmark
Patrick Desrochers
Dan Cleary :lol:

The list could go on forever.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
brian finley has been a little slow, i'll admit..but he's one of the top goaltenders in the league, this year. he's looked like the finley that nashville drafted, rather than what he became.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
ColtKing said:
Jeff Heerema
Jason Spezza ( He still could be a very solid NHL player but Ottawa prevented him from being a superstar.)
Juri Hudler
Raffi Torres
Brad Boyes
Pascal Leclair
Brian Finley
Lundmark
Patrick Desrochers

Spezza, Torres, Hudler, Boyes, Leclaire, Paille, and Finley all still are on track to make it.

Conolly and Blackburn have to get 100% healthy.

Cleary, Heerema, and Desrochers are probably the only ones worthy of being called or likely busts.

CorneliusBennet

Nov 29, 2004
ColtKing said:
Jeff Heerema
Juri Hudler
Raffi Torres
Brad Boyes
Pascal Leclair
Brian Finley
Lundmark
Patrick Desrochers

it's a pretty crappy list, that's why. You've given up on Jason Spezza? Uh, okay. Half of the guys you've listed can still turn out to be signifigant players at the NHL level. Having seen Finley play I can assure you he's not to be written off, not now at least. Blackburn's injury, same with Connolly, get them excused from this list, IMO.
The inclusion of Hudler on there is hilarious, though.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
ColtKing said:
Jason Spezza
Raffi Torres
Tim Conolly

Torres' coming off a 20 goal season.His first full season for the Oilers.
I thought Speeza had scored around 25 goals last yr.He hasn't been as dominate as Kovalchuk,but Ott. developing him slowly.

Connolly was a big disappointment long before his concussion.Anyone know how well he's playing in europe?A less physical league should benefit him.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
any Stars pick who is not a Fin Or Swede Including all Russians(Chernov, Tereshenko, Komorov)
Any stars pick who is a stay at home d-man(Erskine, Jancevski, Waugh)
Any stars pick who is suppose to be a sniper(Polak, Volrab, Vas)

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't understand why people rule him out either, or many of the 2001 names I have read so far for that matter.

Do you include Chistov in that also?

I think a lot of it has to do with Kovalchuk being so good so soon and people expecting a lot out of the 2001 1st round class because of that.

I personally haven't given up on Chistov or Smirnov yet because sometimes it just takes a little more time for everything to click and 22 or 23 might not be old enough just yet for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad