Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
That's quite the 2015 draft crop!

Haha, that divisional rivalry will be even more fun in the playoffs (and hopefully Mem Cup? :naughty:)! I recall reading that the Knights are short a couple pieces as well (namely an impact scorer and a defenseman to replace Maatta) though Bo's been great for them thus far. Hopefully Bo and Brendan don't kill each other by the time they make the big club. :laugh:

That's great to hear. Glad Gaunce is now part of such a dominant team. I'll be cheering for you guys as well (and I'll definitely have to catch a couple games at least during the winter break!) and I hope you guys make it deep! It'd be great for him to get that valuable playoff experience! :)

Yes that rivalry is going to be fun. They're up 2-1 on us right now but all three were in the Bud. I sure hope we get to meet them in the Memorial Cup! I don't think the Knights need another dman. With Zadorov coming back, and picking up Zach Bell they are solid defensively. Stolarz may be the best goalie in the league this season. I do agree though they need an impact scorer. They don't really a pure sniper that is very threatening, a lot of smart playmakers though. Horvat is a stud for sure, I'm very impressed with him. Gaunce vs. Horvat will be interesting. Thanks for rooting for us haha.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Just did a quick stat check on Blomstrand because I'm finding new ways to procrastinate studying. 10GP 4G 1A.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Team Canada WJC camp roster to be announced tomorrow afternoon...fingers crossed for Horvat, Hunter and Gaunce.
Probably just going to be about 25 players in camp, according to Bob McKenzie.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Don't see Cassels on the game sheet, seems like it's been a few games now wonder what the injury is

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Team Canada WJC camp roster to be announced tomorrow afternoon...fingers crossed for Horvat, Hunter and Gaunce.
Probably just going to be about 25 players in camp, according to Bob McKenzie.

Strong chance we might just see Horvat as the lone Canuck

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I have a feeling Shinkaruk will be there based on his pedigree. Not like that hasn't happened before.

So do I, and we know from sutters comments last week he sounded very high on hunter, even higher on him then horvat.

Not sure whats going on with the tigers lately, even my relatives from the hat are not sure whats happening, the team in general is not playing well at the moment.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
Liberati +4 but no points in a 4-0 win today.

McEneny +1 no points in a 2-1 win.

Shinkaruk +1 no points in a 4-1 loss.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So Mr Irrelevant Mike Williamson has a higher ppg than two 1st round NCAA dmen in Jordan Schmaltz and Brady Skjei, both in their sophmore year on top of that.

So there's that. :naughty:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=54063 MW

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=124254 JS

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130995 BS

I'm just going to take your word for that and convince myself he's awesome and scoring at 1ppg ;) .

He has a goal and an assist in 5 games. There isn't anything substantial to obtain from such a small sample size.

Ruined my delusions.......:pout:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So do I, and we know from sutters comments last week he sounded very high on hunter, even higher on him then horvat.

Not sure whats going on with the tigers lately, even my relatives from the hat are not sure whats happening, the team in general is not playing well at the moment.

Yeah, they've recently been playing pretty poorly. Team chemistry is really just not there. Cox is one of the few Tigers forwards actually doing something over the past few games. Shinkaruk looked incredibly weak in this game, constantly getting pushed off the puck, and never really "winding up" as he likes to do through the neutral zone, and looked lazy defensively. He keeps driving to the dirty areas, which is obviously good (drew a penalty), but he needs to get smarter about how he gets there. Just unimpressive in almost every aspect tonight. I had commented last game, that he was coming around, this was a HUGE step back, in my opinion, and he looked very similar to what he looked like during the Subway Series for those of you that saw that. Just manhandled by seemingly everyone. Couple of other notes, the Hitmen announcers were god awful and complained about the officials for seemingly half the game, and Stanton has amazing poise. He has impressed me almost every time I watched him, one of the few bright spots on the team.

tl;dr- Shinkaruk looked pretty bad, and really weak :(

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Even though the roster hasn't been announced yet, Kypreos seems to think Horvat's teammate Max Domi didn't make it

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/407543375559393280
No @phoenixcoyotes Max Domi for #WJC tourn? 12th overall pick in #NHL draft. #rukiddinme? Hope Team Canada know what they r doing.

Edit:
Also, from the prospect board
MacKenzie said this morning that he thinks a few "highly touted skill guys" will be sacrificed for a few 200ft all-around players (ie Felix Girard) because that's what Sutter wants. That doesn't bode well for Domi..

Sounds good for Gaunce

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Even though the roster hasn't been announced yet, Kypreos seems to think Horvat's teammate Max Domi didn't make it

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/407543375559393280

Doesn't surprise me too much. I'm wondering if Calgary allows Monahan to go. Any word?

Assuming the answer is No, this is what I'm expecting:

Drouin-Laughton-Poirier
Hudon-Reinhart-Shinkaruk
Rychel-Horvat-Lazar
Mantha-Gauthier-Wilson
McDavid

Morrissey-Pulock
Pouliot-Severson
Nurse-Dumba
Finn

Fucale
Comrie