Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Seguin was ignored by team Canada at WJ even though he is more talented than some of the guys on that team. So I would not worry too much if JHS not being invited and if MDC get cut over less talented players. However I will be disappointed only because not getting a chance to watch them play and shine. Some of the players made to that team over Seguin are still struggling in the NHL and some are probably not even playing right now in the big league.

Seguin got the bigger prize, a Stanley Cup ring and he did help Boston to get that championship and he may even win the scoring title this year.

Talents will be talents and with the proper development and patience, it will show up sooner or later, as long as the player stays healthy and get to play with other talented players.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seems like Sorokin is putting on a show against Canada in a pre-tourney matchup. Even Ferraro is singing his praises.

From the Team Canada thread...

"Oh good, he can play the puck well too"

"Garth Snow, crack another beer"

For Ferraro (one half of the Bitter Bros. with Healy) is saying that, Sorokin must be the goods. :)

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Seems like Sorokin is putting on a show against Canada in a pre-tourney matchup. Even Ferraro is singing his praises.

For Ferraro (one half of the Bitter Bros. with Healy) is saying that, Sorokin must be the goods. :)

Game just ended, Russia won 2-1 in OT, Sorokin made 52 saves on 53 shots.
MDC didn't play much.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Wow, quite a game for Sorokin.

Will be interesting to see if Soderstrom gets any playing time in the WJC. I'm not holding my breath.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Now that the team is playing well and Garth Snow proved he can wheel and deal all the bandwagoners come out...

Ferraro was once one of my favorite players but and Healy as you mentioned seem to always go out of their way to diss the isles more than is needed...

Anyway, nice to see Sorokin put on a show. Hopefully he develops into the real deal and a few years we have a nice young starting goalie... He just cant wear #89, doesn't look right:laugh:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
according to some of the posters in the WJC thread, Dal Colle is not a lock and might be cut...

I didn't see the game but supposedly he didn't play well.. IMO hes a kid you keep. He has the ability to go off and hes a big sniper with skill...

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
according to some of the posters in the WJC thread, Dal Colle is not a lock and might be cut...

I didn't see the game but supposedly he didn't play well.. IMO hes a kid you keep. He has the ability to go off and hes a big sniper with skill...

I am not firing pop shots but it seems like Sorokin stood on his head tonight. He was stopping everything and certain Canadian fans are known to be very bitter when they lose... I dunno, and I do not care to be honest because Dal Colle has shown he can succeed at the OHL level. Not worried about it.

imetbossy

Mar 13, 2012
Wow Sorokin so reminds me of Jonathan Quick ... Always low and great side to side movement ... seems as if he spends the entire game on his knees ( much like quick )...

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Sorokin is such an intriguing prospect.

Goalies are so hard to determine though... He just needs to keep playing like he did tonight.

I remember the fellow Nikitia Serebrykov, he had a strong performance at juniors for russia and then collapsed.

It's hard to evaluate goalies imo. Gotta be really good with the tape. Sorokin made some highlight reel saves though. I really hope he beats out the other guy for the spot so we can watch him more.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wow Sorokin so reminds me of Jonathan Quick ... Always low and great side to side movement ... seems as if he spends the entire game on his knees ( much like quick )...

Quick was the first name that came to my mind upon seeing his style as well.

:crossfing

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Goalies are so hard to determine though... He just needs to keep playing like he did tonight.

I remember the fellow Nikitia Serebrykov, he had a strong performance at juniors for russia and then collapsed.

It's hard to evaluate goalies imo. Gotta be really good with the tape. Sorokin made some highlight reel saves though. I really hope he beats out the other guy for the spot so we can watch him more.

He's had these types of strong performances in the KHL before.

The consistency isn't there, but he's shown he can stand on his head.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
He's had these types of strong performances in the KHL before.

The consistency isn't there, but he's shown he can stand on his head.

What was a good sign though was that he gave up the 1st goal in the game and then rebounded, didn't surrender another one. That is promising imo.

He's a young kid and I feel like a win like this will help his confidence out. I hope he beats out the other guy for the job. I am cheering hard for Russia this yr because of Sorokin.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dal Colle cut.

This really sucks. Wanted to see what the kid could do on the big stage.

Ohh well now he can go back to dominating the OHL

If they keep Ritchie over him I think it would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad