Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
MSL is a HOFer as far as I'm concerned. Cammarata needs to vastly improve his skating to be even an NHL top 6 let alone MSL.

He's excellent from the circles down but the rink is 200 feet.

REX you said it and no we expect it lol. Would be nice to get an early look on Pulock.

After a long grueling season where he carried the team on his shoulders I would tame my expectations a bit for his first few pro games.

I'll try to provide one of my usual top notch scouting reports. Likely that some of the players now on the Islanders will be back in Bridgeport for a few games, also will get to see Graham, VCR, Burroughs, ect.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Really happy to see Cammarata producing in the biggest game of his hockey career so far.

Tough loss for Cammarata when he had the puck and game on his stick. Gotisphere or whatever his name is, was a beast, he's gonna help Philly big time. What a skater. We picked Pelech instead of him, still love the Pelech pick though.

ledzep1212

COYB
Apr 5, 2007
Lindenhurst
Tough loss for Cammarata when he had the puck and game on his stick. Gotisphere or whatever his name is, was a beast, he's gonna help Philly big time. What a skater. We picked Pelech instead of him, still love the Pelech pick though.

Wasn't paying attention to who took the puck from Cammarata there, but that was a brilliant play. He did everything he could to help Minnesota win the championship, but it just wasn't enough. Really excited to see what he does next year with more experience, and maybe a few extra pounds added on.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
April 11
Rimouski 4,Blainville-Broisbriand 3 (OT)-Leduc, even. Rimouski leads series 3-2.
Edmonton 5, Brandon 1-Reinhart, 1 assist, + 2, Pulock, - 2. Edmonton wins series 4-1, advance to eastern conference final.

So did teams figure out pulock, Rex? Pointless in his last seven...that is not how a power play weapon should produce. Did he just get surrounded and eliminated? Take away pulock and you win the game because his teammates aren't quite up to snuff? Or was he concentrating on keeping the other team's big scorers off the board? If so, was he decent when being used that way? Or did he just stink?

Your input is always appreciated.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
So did teams figure out pulock, Rex? Pointless in his last seven...that is not how a power play weapon should produce. Did he just get surrounded and eliminated? Take away pulock and you win the game because his teammates aren't quite up to snuff? Or was he concentrating on keeping the other team's big scorers off the board? If so, was he decent when being used that way? Or did he just stink?

I can't answer for the almighty REX, but, I have seen in this thread numerous times how the team as a whole is no offensive juggernaut. However, on the other hand, Edmonton is a defensive juggernaut. Hope that helps.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Complete domination by Edmonton in every phase. Edmonton did concentrate on taking Pulock's shot away, getting Curtis Lazar's line on when possible to defend against Pulock and Ryan Pilon (nephew of Rich). Can't blame Pulock, a case where one team was so superior.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I can't answer for the almighty REX, but, I have seen in this thread numerous times how the team as a whole is no offensive juggernaut. However, on the other hand, Edmonton is a defensive juggernaut. Hope that helps.

Also, seems like Pulock was playing defense, finished with a +5 in 9 playoff games. And like MM said, Brandon is not an offensive powerhouse. They were a #7 seed crushed by possibly the best team in the WHL.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Complete domination by Edmonton in every phase. Edmonton did concentrate on taking Pulock's shot away, getting Curtis Lazar's line on when possible to defend against Pulock and Ryan Pilon (nephew of Rich). Can't blame Pulock, a case where one team was so superior.

Thanks for the info!!

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
I'll try to provide one of my usual top notch scouting reports. Likely that some of the players now on the Islanders will be back in Bridgeport for a few games, also will get to see Graham, VCR, Burroughs, ect.

Oh man, it would be great to see that game live. Your basically going to get a great look into our future with the likes of Donovan, Mayfield, Czuczman and Pulock all likely to be in the lineup on defense. Will be interesting to see how the guys perform stepping back down to the AHL after playing quite some time at the elite high speed NHL level.

Can't wait to see your scouting report.

Also, Pedan seems to have been playing well since he got back to Bridgeport, another big body not to be forgotten about.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Oh man, it would be great to see that game live. Your basically going to get a great look into our future with the likes of Donovan, Mayfield, Czuczman and Pulock all likely to be in the lineup on defense. Will be interesting to see how the guys perform stepping back down to the AHL after playing quite some time at the elite high speed NHL level.

Can't wait to see your scouting report.

Also, Pedan seems to have been playing well since he got back to Bridgeport, another big body not to be forgotten about.

Saw Bridgeport in December at Utica when Strome, Lee, Halmo,Donovan (after he was sent down)and Mayfield were still there, missed Pedan because he was hurt. Adirondack is about a 40 minute ride,
might as well go enjoy watching the prospects.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
In order to make myself less depressed about the disappointing 2014-15 season, I decided to put together a brief highlight video featuring four noteworthy plays from de Haan, Lee, Nelson, and Strome. The thought "this team is playing with a lot of youth energy" popped into my head recently, and I realized the song Nitro (Youth Energy) by The Offspring would be a good song for a rookie highlight video.

Anyway, it might be worth a watch if you had 2:25 to spare and don't hate The Offspring. http://youtu.be/6-3l4ttV8YU

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
In order to make myself less depressed about the disappointing 2014-15 season, I decided to put together a brief highlight video featuring four noteworthy plays from de Haan, Lee, Nelson, and Strome. The thought "this team is playing with a lot of youth energy" popped into my head recently, and I realized the song Nitro (Youth Energy) by The Offspring would be a good song for a rookie highlight video.

Anyway, it might be worth a watch if you had 2:25 to spare and don't hate The Offspring. http://youtu.be/6-3l4ttV8YU

Pretty awesome. Nice job, and successfully made me pumped for next season.

A bit OT, but regards part of 'the big 4'. I'm not exactly up on the eligibility rules, but will Strome still be considered a rookie next season(played 37 games)? I'm assuming Lee will(22 games), and I'm assuming CdH(51) won't. Nelson definitely won't(72).

Anyone know for sure? Too lazy to look it up. If both Strome AND Lee are eligible, IMO there is a good chance at least one will be in the Calder race. I'm guessing that both will get a good amount of top-six minutes next season.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Anyone know for sure? Too lazy to look it up. If both Strome AND Lee are eligible, IMO there is a good chance at least one will be in the Calder race. I'm guessing that both will get a good amount of top-six minutes next season.

Strome won't be but I think Lee will be

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Strome won't be but I think Lee will be

You're right. Just looked it up. The cutoff is 25 NHL games.

Looks like Lee and Reinhart will be the only two possibilities for the Isles next season, and since Reinhart won't score enough to be considered(regardless of how well he plays defensively), that pretty much leaves Lee.

scott99

May 13, 2005
You're right. Just looked it up. The cutoff is 25 NHL games.

Looks like Lee and Reinhart will be the only two possibilities for the Isles next season, and since Reinhart won't score enough to be considered(regardless of how well he plays defensively), that pretty much leaves Lee.

If Lee plays at the same pace as this year, he will win ROY hands down. He was on pace for 35 goals and 19 assists for 54 points. The 35 goals would probably get him the ROY.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If Lee plays at the same pace as this year, he will win ROY hands down. He was on pace for 35 goals and 19 assists for 54 points. The 35 goals would probably get him the ROY.

What's scary is that he put up those numbers without Tavares in the lineup, and there is a chance that he'll stick on that top line next season.

If he gets that spot, he should be looking at an increase in production. Even if he doesn't get that spot, I expect him to be a lock for that 1st PP unit. That alone, playing with Tavares and Strome, should be enough to bump his numbers up a bit. The thought of him improving on a 35 goal pace is pretty insane, but IMO it's possible if he's put in the right situation.

BTW, props Scott. You always hyped Lee pretty big(pretty sure it was you), and I never really bought into it. Thought he could be a decent 3rd liner, but never this good this quick. Enjoying the crow, and looking for seconds next year.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
Think we are getting a little carried away with 35 goals that's more than Crosby and Getzlof and 95% of the nhl, if he get 20-25 he will have a great year.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I look forward to him competing for ROY, and expect it. Muting my excitement though:
- Sophomore slump
- At least 3 goals that were because of a bad goaltender this year
- Capuano "mentoring"

scott99

May 13, 2005
What's scary is that he put up those numbers without Tavares in the lineup, and there is a chance that he'll stick on that top line next season.

If he gets that spot, he should be looking at an increase in production. Even if he doesn't get that spot, I expect him to be a lock for that 1st PP unit. That alone, playing with Tavares and Strome, should be enough to bump his numbers up a bit. The thought of him improving on a 35 goal pace is pretty insane, but IMO it's possible if he's put in the right situation.

BTW, props Scott. You always hyped Lee pretty big(pretty sure it was you), and I never really bought into it. Thought he could be a decent 3rd liner, but never this good this quick. Enjoying the crow, and looking for seconds next year.

Thanks blink. I just followed his career, and though people have always worried about his skating, he ALWAYS scored despite the difficulty level of going to a tougher league,even when he went from high school, to the USHL, USHL to college, college to the AHL and now AHL the NHL. Doesn't seem to matter. I just think he has an unstoppable drive to succeed. Not saying he's guaranteed to be a star, but with his hands, his strength, and his determination in front of the net, he should get his fair share of garbage goals. Eventually I believe his upside is a 30 goal scorer. Thanks for the props !

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
I look forward to him competing for ROY, and expect it. Muting my excitement though:
- Sophomore slump
- At least 3 goals that were because of a bad goaltender this year
- Capuano "mentoring"

I think it just depends on if we put Lee in a position to succeed or not really. Stick Lee on the top line and you know he is going to get space with JT and Okposo on the ice with him.

But I think the Islanders will go for someone like Cammalleri to sign as a free agent to take the 1st line LW spot. Lee will likely end up on Nielsen's line again because he seemed to skate really well with Frans and showed great effort defensively as well.

His performance will be dictated to an extent with who his line mates are and if he is given the nod for PP1 unit till screening to the goalie. A Lee, JT, Okposo, Strome and de Haan power unit would be filthy good I reckon. Having Strome on PP1 for that 2nd right handed player will be huge next year in my opinion.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Think we are getting a little carried away with 35 goals that's more than Crosby and Getzlof and 95% of the nhl, if he get 20-25 he will have a great year.

I'm just saying the pace he was on, I didn't say he will nor did I guarantee he will score 35. Someday he will though.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Love Lee, and have been in his corner for many a moon now...but 35 goals is way too much to hope for.

I think the numbers this year are a product of increased ice time he may or may not see next year, and the fact that teams don't have a book on him yet.

I'm guessing he settles on a third line, and tops out at 20 goals. Hope I'm wrong.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Love Lee, and have been in his corner for many a moon now...but 35 goals is way too much to hope for.

I think the numbers this year are a product of increased ice time he may or may not see next year, and the fact that teams don't have a book on him yet.

I'm guessing he settles on a third line, and tops out at 20 goals. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you, he won't be getting 1st line PP minutes with Strome-KO-JT-Nielsen and maybe Nelson ahead of him, and IMO he will be playing 2nd/3rd line with Strome which will help him, but he will see less ice time. I see him getting 15-20 goals 35-40 points next season, anything more is gravy.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I agree with you, he won't be getting 1st line PP minutes with Strome-KO-JT-Nielsen and maybe Nelson ahead of him, and IMO he will be playing 2nd/3rd line with Strome which will help him, but he will see less ice time. I see him getting 15-20 goals 35-40 points next season, anything more is gravy.

15-20 goals and 35-40 points would be an excellent rookie season. Kreider had 17 goals and 37 points (I think), and might make the all rookie team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad