Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
Saw Pulock's debut last night. He had a solid, yet unspectacular game defensively. Seemed to struggle a bit at times in D zone coverage but was good at defending the rush. He didn't really jump into the play offensively at all, which was surprising to me. He saw time on both special teams units but didn't really do as mudh on the PP as I expected. Unleashed a wicked 1 timer though, which was blocked. Thought his decisions with the puck could use some improvement.

Jesse Graham is an unbelievable skater. I think he will make it just because of his skating. I don't know if/where he fits in here, but I could easily see him catching on with another team and becoming the new Jared Spurgeon. With Graham, he took a lot of risks. Almost played like a 4th forward at times jumping into the play but his skating allowed him to get back quickly.

Burroughs impressed me a lot for a kid who's just 18 years old. He made a lot of solid plays on both sides of the puck and doesn't back down even though he's a smaller player. I think long term he will get lost in the shuffle in a numbers game due to our depth.

Pedan is the guy I've seen the most and every single time I come away with the exact same impression. Some very good tools, no tool box. His size/skating/snarl combo has always intrigued me, and he can even stickhandle very well for a bigger dman. I see big issues with his hockey sense and decisions. He is the anti de Haan. There is no poise or calmness under pressure with him. Seems to make a few bonehead plays a game. Injury this year hurt his development, so let's hope he can get some decent ice time next season and work on improving in some of these areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad