• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Reactions: steelcityassault

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Kind of crazy how few votes Legare got here.

Poulin is obviously more well rounded and has a higher floor, but Legare seems to have the highest offensive ceiling of any Pens prospect right now. Have to wonder if there’s any residual bias after how the organization’s last boom or bust offensive prospect turned out

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kind of crazy how few votes Legare got here.

Poulin is obviously more well rounded and has a higher floor, but Legare seems to have the highest offensive ceiling of any Pens prospect right now. Have to wonder if there’s any residual bias after how the organization’s last boom or bust offensive prospect turned out

I thought Legare after I saw him perform last summer and at training camp....however, he did not have the season expected on juniors and that hurt the perception of him more than anything about his upside imo

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
I thought Legare after I saw him perform last summer and at training camp....however, he did not have the season expected on juniors and that hurt the perception of him more than anything about his upside imo

While I agree to an extent, a big part of that seemed to be that his team just wasn’t very good. His production was fine

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Legare’s statistical regression was expected due to strong team and a crazy PP shooting % in 2018-19.

I’d argue he fought it off better than expected and still had good #s with a terribly weak team and led them in scoring by a large margin. Iirc he finished very strong too. Poulin, for instance was not his teams leading scorer.

Guy is a wait and see type imo. He’s not gonna raise his stock in juniors much.. we just gotta wait to see how the foot speed holds up against pros.

Reactions: TySmith4Norris

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Legare *did* have the season expected of him by many. The thing about Legare is he's very clearly a complimentary player - one who could be great, but one who is unlikely to stir the drink because he doesn't seem to have that level of puck winning, retention, and distribution skills. I think most of us who looked at who Baie-Comeau were losing knew Legare was in for a tough season as he no longer got to be the complimentary player.

Poulin, by comparison, is a playdriver in junior and could be at the next level. He's succeeded as the best player on his team. He's got the finesse and vision that Legare hasn't shown, insofar as we can tell from a distance.

I don't think Legare has a higher offensive ceiling than Poulin. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a higher point because that's the nature of the beast, but Poulin can do it at all. And, shot aside, I don't think there's anywhere Legare has proven to be a better prospect.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Legare *did* have the season expected of him by many. The thing about Legare is he's very clearly a complimentary player - one who could be great, but one who is unlikely to stir the drink because he doesn't seem to have that level of puck winning, retention, and distribution skills. I think most of us who looked at who Baie-Comeau were losing knew Legare was in for a tough season as he no longer got to be the complimentary player.

Poulin, by comparison, is a playdriver in junior and could be at the next level. He's succeeded as the best player on his team. He's got the finesse and vision that Legare hasn't shown, insofar as we can tell from a distance.

I don't think Legare has a higher offensive ceiling than Poulin. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a higher point because that's the nature of the beast, but Poulin can do it at all. And, shot aside, I don't think there's anywhere Legare has proven to be a better prospect.

Legare was a bit more noticeable during his brief time in black and gold, but obviously shouldn’t read too much into that

Was more making the point he got less votes than guys like POJ in the first poll

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yea to be clear I’m still saying Poulin is higher upside and a better prospect. Just that Legare didn’t have a bad year at all, and I’d argue if anything he raised his stock a tiny bit imo.

Reactions: TySmith4Norris

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Legare was a bit more noticeable during his brief time in black and gold, but obviously shouldn’t read too much into that

Was more making the point he got less votes than guys like POJ in the first poll

2 vs 1 isn't that much to read into :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad