Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
08 draft is considered a weak one.. I think 14 will be super rich in high end talent..

So cracking top 10 might be dificult.. But he defo has the talent, and if he translates it to the Q, it's not impossible :)

Why is that? I dont agree, especially the top end talent from that draft is ridiculous:

Doughty
Karlsson
Stamkos
Pietrangelo
Eberle

More on topic. Is it decided where he is going to play next year?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Searched on HFboards' prospects section. The oldest thread I found was This where he's being compared to Wilson, Filatov and Hodgson. That's in april. Think some of the database must have been erased because someone must have mentioned him before that.

Btw I'm I completly off by saying Boedker turned out to be the best - although close with Hodgson - of those four?).

EDIT: He's mentioned in this as well. February more than a year before his draft

EDIT: It's good fun looking over old threads. Just found one where Sebastian Svendsen and Mark Mieritz is proclaimed to "supposed to become better than Lars Eller" not more than a year after Eller was drafted :laugh:

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Why is that? I dont agree, especially the top end talent from that draft is ridiculous:

Doughty
Karlsson
Stamkos
Pietrangelo
Eberle

More on topic. Is it decided where he is going to play next year?

Ofc, there is high-end talent, but the overall draft is considered a weak one.

Ehlers will be playing in Halifax.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Great to hear that he's still growing a bit. Thank you Special One.

The Halifax camp is opening on Wednesday the 14th. The first pre-season match will be on Saturday the 17th. Hopefully we'll get some good reports on Ehlers.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
First mention of Ehlers from the Halifax camp. In the camps 2nd intra-squad match Ehlers scored one goal and two assists, and was described as a standout. He wasn't mentioned in the very short recap of the first game, that only mentioned goal scorers. A 3rd intra-squad match will be played tonight, and two pre-season matches against Cape Breton will be played Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/game-2-goes-to-red-5-4

Roz

Jul 2, 2013
NS
Brief interview with Ehlers from John Moore, the Mooseheads' media guy. A little bit of camp footage too:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Brief interview with Ehlers from John Moore, the Mooseheads' media guy. A little bit of camp footage too:

Thanks for the video. I don't know if it's just me, but his face looks more adult than in other photos I've seen of him. It's probably a mix of becoming older, and becoming leaner, giving him a more prominent jaw. Might just be me, or the lightning or something.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nikolaj Ehlers had an excellent night: 2 goals and 1 assist in Halifax' 5-2 win over Moncton.

Last edited:

Roz

Jul 2, 2013
NS
This was an away game, actually - the Mooseheads' first game was at home (no production), second game was away (1 assist), and this third game was away as well.

Here's John Moore's post-game interview with Nikolaj. There's some video of one of his goals, too. Fast-forward about 20 seconds to skip the ad:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
This was an away game, actually - the Mooseheads' first game was at home (no production), second game was away (1 assist), and this third game was away as well.

Here's John Moore's post-game interview with Nikolaj. There's some video of one of his goals, too. Fast-forward about 20 seconds to skip the ad:

Thanks for the video :) - and for the info about what matches were home or away!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers team is struggling..

On the other hand, Oliver Bjorkstrand has 6+6 in 4 :D He had 4g and 1a yesterday :D

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Another goal by Ehlers today and reinforcement is on the way in the form of Jonathan Drouin who has been reassigned by TB.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Another goal by Ehlers today and reinforcement is on the way in the form of Jonathan Drouin who has been reassigned by TB.

That will certainly make Halifax better but is not good news for Nikolaj Ehlers since that will likely demote him to the second line since Drouin also plays left wing.
So far 4G 2A in 7 matches. Fairly good production for a struggling team.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Halifax seems to lose a lot of games, but Ehlers keep producing at a steady rate. 1 goal in the 2-4 loss.
He is at 5G 3A in 8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad