Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #10 Overall Prospect?

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #10 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
1.) Moritz Seider - RD - 20: 6'4" 207 lbs - RH Shot - Zell, GER - 96.2%
2.) Lucas Raymond - LW/RW - 19: 5'10"183 lbs - RH Shot - Goteborg, SWE - 85.1%
3.) Simon Edvinsson - LD - 18: 6'5" 207 lbs - LH Shot - Onsala, SWE - 70.1%
4.) Sebastian Cossa - G - 18: 6'6'' 212 lbs - LC catching glove - Fort McMurray, AL, CAN - 47.8%
5.) Jonatan Berggren - LW/RW- 21: 5'11'' 183 lbs - LH Shot - Uppsala, SWE - 75.5%
6.) Joe Veleno - C - 21: 6'1'' 194 lbs - LH Shot - Kirkland, QC, CAN - 69.1%
7.) Albert Johansson - D - 20: 6' 168 lbs - LH shot - Karistad, SWE - 85.5%
8.) Theodor Niederbach - C - 19: 5'11'' 172 lbs - RH shot - Örnsköldsvik, SWE - 36%
9.) Shai Buium - D - 18: 6'3'' 216 lbs - LH shot - San Diego, USA - 31.7%

Shai Buium is #9. Add is Alex Cotton because he was the first one suggested of a bunch of guys who got one vote for the add (unless I just missed someone).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It’s Tuomisto vs Wallinder for me here. I went with Tuomisto, even though I liked Wallinder a ton better on their respective draft nights. Tuomisto has developed much better since being picked, IMO.

Add Kivenmaki

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Hmm. Philosophically I favor high-ceiling prospects, and I think Wallinder and Tuomisto have the tools to develop into top 4D at the NHL level, but I'm just not a big believer in either player.

I'll say McIsaac here.

Edit: I'd probably add Tyutayev here? Can't say I've seen a ton of him but I think the GR move indicates some faith from the organization's perspective.

Reactions: SirloinUB

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'm tempted to say Tuomisto but I'm going with McIsaac. I hate that I've kicked him to curb this long, but his injuries are concerning. If he does stay healthy I think he has a good chance to be a NHL regular for several years.

Add Cross Hanas...by the time we get around to discussing him people will have ceased to give a crap about this thread.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
There's a good argument for McIsaac, but with his injury history, I've lost too much confidence in him. I still don't see it with Tuomisto, and William Wallinder has the highest upside of the guys left on the board, so my vote swings for the latter.

Speaking of upside, we really need to add Tyutyayev.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
With McIsaac's injury history, the fact I still don't get it with Tuomisto and I felt Wallinder has disappointed so far I went with Soderblom.

He has all the tools to make the NHL and has continued to improve his game since being drafted. It is rare for a player his size to have the skill and hands he does. He still has to work on his skating and strength but I think he could be a bottom 6 for us someday.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I went with Mastersemone, because he is forward ,we are stock on defense.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Still Soderblom for me.
Buium ahead of some of these guys is ludicrous.

If you think Wallinder is a project... man.

Wallinder is more of a project than Buium, AINEC.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Wallinder is my favorite prospect left but after the mediocre year he had and Tuomisto having solid seasons post draft, I voted Tuo here (and last round).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Sebrango

Hot take: Tuomisto and Wallinder will never play a game in Detroit.
I don't think it's a hot take at all, most of the kids from here on out won't make the NHL. Then again, I voted for Sebrango too.

I have no idea why anyone is voting for McIsaac, he injured his good shoulder on a light hit. He played one shift before his injury. No way he's built to play in the NHL.

Reactions: jaster

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wallinder has shown small but promising signs already with Rögle, but I still lean Tuomisto here - which is admittedly more based on reports than actually watching him.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
It's neck and neck between a few guys at this spot for me but ultimately I went with Soderblom even though it is a little concerning that he isn't getting a bigger chunk of ice-time so far this year. A freak of nature. Elastic Man reach with soft hands. Already a good skater for his size should be significantly better as he fills out and gains strength to power that humongous frame.
Add Savage

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I went Soderblom last round, but since it's so close for me I went with trying to get my next guy to win, since he actually has a chance: Tuomisto

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's neck and neck between a few guys at this spot for me but ultimately I went with Soderblom even though it is a little concerning that he isn't getting a bigger chunk of ice-time so far this year. A freak of nature. Elastic Man reach with soft hands. Already a good skater for his size should be significantly better as he fills out and gains strength to power that humongous frame.
Add Savage
Söderblom is a pretty bad skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad