Prospect Info: Prospect Info and Discussion VIII - Future Canes and other Jurcos

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Mieho got 5+20 for it, for interference.
Huh. Is that a common interpretation of a play like that there? Obviously here it’s hard to interfere with a puck carrier, but I don’t know how they see that in Finland. Or is it just as weird to you that they called it that?

I get they had to call it something, it was probably out of line for that league. I would think a rough or a head contact.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Huh. Is that a common interpretation of a play like that there? Obviously here it’s hard to interfere with a puck carrier, but I don’t know how they see that in Finland. Or is it just as weird to you that they called it that?

I get they had to call it something, it was probably out of line for that league. I would think a rough or a head contact.
Well... there was another incident almost at the same time to another Tappara player Tuukka Mäntylä, where the offender got 5+20 for tackling into head.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Puistola got out of hospital late last night, feels "reasonably" considering the situation. This morning he's been "at the hall and on his feet", so it's not looking terribad. He will be aside "until further notice".

The length of his absence will be determined after further examinations. Jukurit will comment on it later.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
If you watch the video, he clearly didn't see the opposing player coming. He glanced to what I believe to be his left as his teammate crossed in front of him....then glanced down to make relocate the puck. It didn't look like he was watching the puck consistently. It truly looked like incredibly bad luck with all 3 factors coming together, the glance and relocating the puck, the teammate, and then the opposing player skating in. There really wasn't much he could have done other than, perhaps, crouch a bit to ensure his shoulder didn't make contact with the head. But, again, with the guy crossing in front, the opposing player also had to relocate the guy with the puck....just crazy bad luck, if you ask me.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I see that, but I have a hard time believing that he went back behind his own net for a handoff without taking any looks to see if there was a forecheck coming prior to grabbing it in the first place. That’s fundamental. You need to know if you’re running into trouble because you leave it for the d if there is. He had to have done that, making that forechecker his primary concern. Even with the cross cross he had to know the pressure was there, not to mention he’s quickly passing right in front of his own net which says to me he’s chucking it because he knows the pressure is there.

Even with the criss cross he kinda has to know that the pressure is there. It’s nuts to take the handoff behind the net without knowing. It’s the number one thing that can go wrong with that play.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
That’s an issue if it’s true. Dudes wearing bright yellow and ten years olds picking that puck up know where the forecheckers are before they take the puck because the most embarrassing play you can make is coughing that puck up. I honestly think he knew the guy was close and rushed the play to the left side which as a lefty opened himself up for the hit, in the future you’d hope he’ll just scoop it high and get ready for the hit or just not take it from the d in the first place.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad