Prospect Discussion: Kasperi Kapanen

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yeah but that was mainly due to the controversy surrounding him.

Do you mean the nude photo? If so, it was in 2007-2008 season, he wasn't traded until 2009-2010 season.

Brian Burke wanted to make changes, he traded Tlusty for recent Canes first round pick Paradis who was supposed to be an NHL belligerent power forward in the making.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Do you mean the nude photo? If so, it was in 2007-2008 season, he wasn't traded until 2009-2010 season.

Brian Burke wanted to make changes, he traded Tlusty for recent Canes first round pick Paradis who was supposed to be an NHL belligerent power forward in the making.

Oh really? I thought the events were closer for some reason.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
imo hyman, brown, and kapanen will be elite defensive forwards and PKers for us for years to come, babs will probably put one on each of the top 3 lines, and among them kappy is fastest skater and most offensively skilled...hes got intriguing potential for sure, we'll see him for sure next season

Last edited:

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I just want to see him in the NHL so badly. He's McDavid level fast. Adding that kind of speed to a top 3 speed team already is borderline unfair to think about.

Reactions: DanM

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
imo hyman, brown, and kapanen will be elite defensive forwards and PKers for us for years to come, babs will probably put one on each of first top 3 lines, and among them kappy is fastest skater and most offensively skilled...hes got intriguing potential for sure, we'll see him for sure next season

Improving this team defensively doesn't all have to do with the blueline. Guys like Kapanen/Brown coming in and taking spots from one-dimensional guys like JVR should help improve our team defence, even if their offensive potential is probably a little lower.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Kapanen has the potential to be another level offensively than brown and 2 levels better than Hyman all while being excellent defensively with good size 6'1". Already has chemistry with NYlander who might be moving to C next season match made already

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
imo hyman, brown, and kapanen will be elite defensive forwards and PKers for us for years to come, babs will probably put one on each of first top 3 lines, and among them kappy is fastest skater and most offensively skilled...hes got intriguing potential for sure, we'll see him for sure next season
Grundy too. But yeah Kapanen is our best forward prospect. His tools are very impressive and he's pretty clutch

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I thought Kapanen was better than Brown in training camp last year. Just didnt make sense to loose Brown for nothing if we sent him down in place for Kappy.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What's up with him? 2 points in his first 5 games..
Not surprised really, after what he did last year with the big club, he has to have some initial letdown again stuck in the A. I honestly don't think this guy is going to grow anymore in the A, and I'm worried he just stagnates.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think he’ll be the first fwd called up as an injury replacement, either that or they let him ripen for the whole year on the farm.

Nothing wrong with that, it’s not like he put up 80 points in the A last year, or he’s 23 or something.

Yes he was impressive in the playoffs but again, he’s young so why rush? I see him stepping right into JVR or Leo’s spot next year

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
I don't mind him ripening for another year. If he doesn't mind. It must eat him up a bit. Hopefully motivates him as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad