Prospect Discussion: Kasperi Kapanen

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
I think he’ll be the first fwd called up as an injury replacement, either that or they let him ripen for the whole year on the farm.

Nothing wrong with that, it’s not like he put up 80 points in the A last year, or he’s 23 or something.

Yes he was impressive in the playoffs but again, he’s young so why rush? I see him stepping right into JVR or Leo’s spot next year
Again he was impressive on line 4 with two solid NHL veterans. IMO he really hasn’t done much to garner the attention he gets. Not everyone can make it. He hasn’t stolen a spot.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Again he was impressive on line 4 with two solid NHL veterans. IMO he really hasn’t done much to garner the attention he gets. Not everyone can make it. He hasn’t stolen a spot.
I was not at all high on him prior to last year when he really improved and had some clutch goals, both for us in the playoffs and for his WJC team.

Averaging a ppg as a 20 year old is pretty impressive, and shows that he’s got some scoring touch to go along with his obvious blazing speed .

He’s not in the same calibre as our big 3, but like I said I think next year he’ll step right in and replace Leo without a hitch

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
whats great about kapanen is he was touted to be a 1way player when drafted so he has worked hard on his defensive game and excelled, had similar knocks to nylander actually. Kapanen was asked to play a bang and crash forchecking 4th line role for the leafs something he has never done and he was a beast in the playoffs in that role

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Kapanen should be on the Leafs. But that's a good problem to have - too much depth.

He'll be a full-time Leaf next season, playing PK, PP and probably playing on the Matthews line or the Kadri shutdown line.

Just wait until JVR and Bozak walk. Will clear up tons of room for Kapanen and Grundstrom.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kapanen should be on the Leafs. But that's a good problem to have - too much depth.

He'll be a full-time Leaf next season, playing PK, PP and probably playing on the Matthews line or the Kadri shutdown line.

Just wait until JVR and Bozak walk. Will clear up tons of room for Kapanen and Grundstrom.
I see him being Nylander's partner in crime when we move him to center.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I see him being Nylander's partner in crime when we move him to center.

Yep. My next season lineup if willy is a c

Hyman. Matthews. Marner
Marleau. Nylander. Kapanen
Xxxxxx. Kadri. Brown

Of course JVR might sign for cheap in which case put him on line 2 and patty on 3.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yep. My next season lineup if willy is a c

Hyman. Matthews. Marner
Marleau. Nylander. Kapanen
Xxxxxx. Kadri. Brown

Of course JVR might sign for cheap in which case put him on line 2 and patty on 3.
No JVR. We have Grunny, Kappy, and Bracco/Brooks in the minors, to name a few. Trade JVR+ if you can for futures or backend.

I also believe Korshkov will be a major player down the road, we don't need players who won't play the system taking up space and cap, no matter the points they can score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad