Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We should send every prospect to the SHL every year lol

Honestly, it would probably be better for their development. Outside of Mantha and Bertuzzi, when was the last time that a prospect developed in Grand Rapids was a true impact player? Hudler and Filpulla in 2006?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fair enough! That's still a low percentage of our picks going there and becoming successful. I keep on saying it, but I wish we could develop a farm system like Tampa Bay did under Yzerman.

I think our farm system hasn't been any worse or better than Tampa's one versus the amount of draft picks.

Also Grand Rapids main reason is not to develop impact players, because impact players come almost always straight to NHL from juniors or from European Leagues. Just like Larkin did, visited GR as amateur try-out and it was obvious instantly he was too good on that level. Been in NHL since. Raymond will be the same etc.

Grand Rapids main season is to develop cheap depth talent. Guys who'll take more years to develop.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berggren is just so skilled, however he also is going to need some learning in terms of not always choosing the most difficult options. Sometimes make some really risky plays that aren't completely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad