Prospect and Marlies Thread: Post Season / Off Season

rinksteak

Aug 17, 2011
Lake Worth, Florida
Regarding the Chris Mueller signing.
This is his fifth consecutive free agent contract signing, each with a different team.
The other four teams he has signed with:
2016 Arizona Coyotes
2015 Anaheim Ducks
2014 New York Rangers
2013 Dallas Stars

Does anyone know of any other player who has similar or greater claim??

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Regarding the Chris Mueller signing.
This is his fifth consecutive free agent contract signing, each with a different team.
The other four teams he has signed with:
2016 Arizona Coyotes
2015 Anaheim Ducks
2014 New York Rangers
2013 Dallas Stars

Does anyone know of any other player who has similar or greater claim??

Jagr?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

What's the games threshold?

1. Kapanen
2. Dermott
3. Grundstrom
4. Korshkov
5. Bracco
6. Nielsen
7. Borgman
8. Brooks
9. Johnsson
10. Woll

1,2 are consensus, 3-5 is the next tier IMO, 6-10 are pretty interchangeable with each other and with guys like Rychel, Timashov, Greenway, Rosen but that's the list I'd go with

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
What's the games threshold?

1. Kapanen
2. Dermott
3. Grundstrom
4. Korshkov
5. Bracco
6. Nielsen
7. Borgman
8. Brooks
9. Johnsson
10. Woll

1,2 are consensus, 3-5 is the next tier IMO, 6-10 are pretty interchangeable with each other and with guys like Rychel, Timashov, Greenway, Rosen but that's the list I'd go with

It's 65 games before their 24th birthday. I check Kapanen and he's good.

Thank you very much!

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
Just asking tha how is Dmitry Timashow is progressing?. I saw him couple years ago in wjc tournament and he was brilliant?. Edit. Not Maple leaf fan..;)

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Just asking tha how is Dmitry Timashow is progressing?. I saw him couple years ago in wjc tournament and he was brilliant?. Edit. Not Maple leaf fan..;)

hes been good. Started in the bottom 6 on the marlies and hardly got any ice time to start the season, but he was really good in the 2nd half when he got more opportunities. I hate the word lock but theres a very good chance that he becomes a middle 6 forward in the nhl within 2 years, hes got 2nd line upside no doubt.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
How is that possible? He's on the Leafs' development camp roster... Posted by the Leafs. Did he just randomly decide to switch camps?

Depending on the timing of them, he could probably attend both as a UFA. It's like going out for multiple interviews.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Think you will see Soshnikov on the Marlies. Can't see him on the Leafs no room. I think he has to play 3 more games to need waivers to go dowm

I doubt it. I believe he needs waivers and the Marlies simply do not have room for any forwards right now, and that does not even include the possibilities of Dzierkals, Korostelev, Bobylev or Walker entering the mix next year. Dzierkals can head over to Europe since we hold his rights for 7 years (drafted out of a Russian league), so we can take our time with him over there until better opportunities in North America come up. He's a top Latvian junior player, so he can probably get a great minutes in the KHL playing for Riga for a few years. Bobylev can head to Europe for a year before we lose his rights. Korostelev would need an AHL or ELC deal to stay here. Walker is a 96', but we hold his rights for another year. I do not know what we are doing with him since he was not even invited to rookie development camp.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I'd place them in the 'middle of the pack' leaguewide. I'd say there is a dropoff in talent after #5, and again after #15.

:leafs

1) Kasperi Kapanen (LW/RW)
Boom: Top 3
Bust: Top 9

2) Timothy Liljegren (RHD)
Boom: #1
Bust: SHL

3) Travis Dermott (LHD)
Boom: #2/3
Bust: #7

4) Carl Grundstrom (LW)
Boom: Top 6
Bust: Bottom 6

5) Yegor Korshkov (RW/LW)
Bust: KHL

6) Eemeli Rasanen (RHD)
Boom: #3/4
Bust: AHL

7) Andreas Johnsson (LW)
Bust: SHL

8) Andrew Nielsen (LHD)
Boom: #3/4

9) Jeremy Bracco (RW)

10) Frederik Gauthier (C)
Boom: Bottom 6 -> 3rd line
Bust Bottom 6 -> 4th line

HM: Dmytro Timashov (LW), Adam Brooks (C), Kerby Rychel (LW), Joseph Woll (G) and JD Greenway (LHD).

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I doubt it. I believe he needs waivers and the Marlies simply do not have room for any forwards right now, and that does not even include the possibilities of Dzierkals, Korostelev, Bobylev or Walker entering the mix next year. Dzierkals can head over to Europe since we hold his rights for 7 years (drafted out of a Russian league), so we can take our time with him over there until better opportunities in North America come up. He's a top Latvian junior player, so he can probably get a great minutes in the KHL playing for Riga for a few years. Bobylev can head to Europe for a year before we lose his rights. Korostelev would need an AHL or ELC deal to stay here. Walker is a 96', but we hold his rights for another year. I do not know what we are doing with him since he was not even invited to rookie development camp.

I thought Walker was going to walk into our Top 6 and become the offensive Dman the Marlies needed?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I thought Walker was going to walk into our Top 6 and become the offensive Dman the Marlies needed?

do you know the last time walker played D?. Im not being a smartarse here I don't know did he play there last season? I though he converted to winger full time

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
do you know the last time walker played D?. Im not being a smartarse here I don't know did he play there last season? I though he converted to winger full time

He did. Late last season, a certain poster was saying he should be put on the Marlies to improve their D for the playoff run.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He did. Late last season, a certain poster was saying he should be put on the Marlies to improve their D for the playoff run.

That certain poster was me, and I still hold that opinion. I also said defensive depth, or someone to replace Wrenn in the lineup since he was defensive depth replacing an injured player at the time because Wrenn was terrible for most of the year.

The Leafs have a ton of fast forwards in their system. They do not have anyone of Walker's speed on defense though. Considering the alternative for Walker is who knows what (I really have no idea, but it almost certainly will not be a forward with the Marlies' depth right now unless he is magnificent), putting him a spot the Marlies can actually use him is not a bad idea. Walker only converted to winger in the first place because it gave him better opportunities. He always preferred defense. Well now he can get more opportunities by converting back to the position he prefers...

Or we can just trade him, which is also possible. Since the Leafs will be making a few deals anyways, he may be thrown in as some add-on.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
That certain poster was me, and I still hold that opinion. I also said defensive depth, or someone to replace Wrenn in the lineup since he was defensive depth replacing an injured player at the time because Wrenn was terrible for most of the year.

The Leafs have a ton of fast forwards in their system. They do not have anyone of Walker's speed on defense though. Considering the alternative for Walker is who knows what (I really have no idea, but it almost certainly will not be a forward with the Marlies' depth right now unless he is magnificent), putting him a spot the Marlies can actually use him is not a bad idea. Walker only converted to winger in the first place because it gave him better opportunities. He always preferred defense. Well now he can get more opportunities by converting back to the position he prefers...

Or we can just trade him, which is also possible. Since the Leafs will be making a few deals anyways, he may be thrown in as some add-on.

An overage kid with a 1% chance of making it, loses a couple of years of development at a position, he isn't going to automatically be able to play at a professional level based on the strengths or weaknesses of the organization.

He's a winger now, and very likely an non-prospect if he's healthy and not at the development camp.

If he couldn't crack the top 6 of his junior team on D, then he's likely a pretty awful dman, or were they 6 deep with drafted prospects?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
An overage kid with a 1% chance of making it, loses a couple of years of development at a position, he isn't going to automatically be able to play at a professional level based on the strengths or weaknesses of the organization.

He's a winger now, and very likely an non-prospect if he's healthy and not at the development camp.

If he couldn't crack the top 6 of his junior team on D, then he's likely a pretty awful dman, or were they 6 deep with drafted prospects?

in any case we are deep in d prospects/players at the marlies
Nielsen
dermott
LoVerde
Rosen
bergman
Valiev
Holl (is a RFA they need to resign him he is pretty much a legit prospect now)

Walker is a non prospect, as you say not even invited to camp

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Dynamo Moscow has officially released all of its player, including those on two-way contacts. What's next for our 2016 7th rounder, Nikolai Chebykin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad