Proposed new Chant!!

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
This is the Lower bowl challenging the upper decks! My good friend came up with this! He hates "Go Jets GO!"

After a goal and once it dies down a bit, on the score Board this chant comes up one line at a time with these directions:

Lower Bowl: "Jets Soar!"
Upper Deck: "Team Scores!!"
Lower Bowl: "Fans Roar!!!"
Upper Deck: "Jets!!"
Lower Bowl: "Jets!!"
ALL: "Jets!!!"
All!!: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
image.jpg

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Go Jets Go is pretty boring, but traditional. It would be cool to come up with some different chants to mix it up a bit, but I'm not really a fan of the one in the OP. While what they do in Nashville does sounds cool, what they're actually saying is kinda dumb.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
perhaps work on something clever like "Henrik's better". well...that would have worked if we were playing Vancouver

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
It would be nice to have some other chants, in addition to Go Jets Go (which isnt going anywhere, I mean c'mon).

The chant above isn't really interesting, and it's too similar to the New York Jets (J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets). Let Nashville have the random nonsensical after-goal chants. It works for them.

We already have our own great traditions. Apart from Go Jets Go, which is admittedly generic (but also a classic) and "True north," Jets fans known astoun the league for creative and situation-specific taunts. Silver medal! Mario's pool boy! etc...

With that said, we need some good ways to taunt Minnesota...

Can't think of anything... Maybe "we've got more lakes!" ???.... Ok, something better then that.

Reactions: Hollywood3

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
Something around "Minny"?....No thats more of a resident irritation
Missing Suter should be off limits........classless
Ugly Jerseys?
Something around Vikings?.......thats stretching pretty far.

They are kind of a hard team to hate. (minus the preseason game they showed no mercy)

Maybe wait for something situational in the heat and go from there

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Come up with some friendly witticisms like our fans used to. That's what I want out of the fans this year. Leave the "Katy Perry"-type chants off the table, please.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I say this as a (tortured) Vikings fan.

I would love us to replace SKOL with JETS as a troll :

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
While the Nashville crowd "sounds" great.
They are essentially reading a cue card.
I prefer our own innovative chants that are more spontaneous.
First you have to figure out what is being said, then you can join in.

Whatever you do... just bring it.
And if the lump on the logs who often sit to my left at games are there for Game 2 I may have "words" with them.
Seriously if you don't pay attention to the game and never make a peep you should not be allowed in the building!!!

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, I just can't think of anything...Mini is, well... boring. Might as well chant "BOR-ring".
Cornell (RIP) was right, "Feeling Minnesota".
Just...meh.
Don't cha know?

Go Jets Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad