Proposed new Chant!!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Scream JETS , ooowoowo , JETS ooowoowo . Like the Wings song Jet with the music in the background , course someone would have to ask the guy who plays the music to play the song . :laugh:

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Inevitable chants:
- Go Jets Go
- Ref You Suck (although I don't like it or participate in it, it happens)

At the risk of being ridiculed, I'll throw in some suggestions:

- WE!-ARE!-Winnipeeeegg
(with ephasis on the WE and the ARE then hold the "eegg" Bruce Buffer Style like when he introduces fighters in the UFC)

- Rise-to-gether clap clap - clap clap clap

After all these are virtually sanctioned by the Jets with existing hashtags, politically correct and positive

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
"What's a Wild?" is pretty funny and evergreen. Hope to hear it a bit this series.

As far as positive chants go, "Go Jets Go" is good enough for me. However, chants for specific lines or players are usually pretty popular if short enough (we clearly don't have the ability to coordinate the more complex European style chants).

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I like "What's a Wild?" Good one!

We are (Clap Clap) Winnipeg (Clap Clap Clap) is good too. (Kinda corporate but who cares.)

I've always thought the bombers song could work to be sung during the games:

I'd rather be a Je-et than a Min-eh-so-ta Wiiild.
I'd rather be a Je-et than a Min-eh-so-ta Wild
'cause the Min - ehsota Wild suck s***!

(I though you could emphasize the "eh's" to be Canadian and annoying to wild fans. I'd don't know if the cursing would go over but it's a pretty fun song to sing along to once you've had a few and people in Winnipeg already know the tune)

I thought Dubnyk was put on waivers at some point and nobody claimed him? Is that a thing? I know he was traded for Matt Hendricks at one point. Maybe there's something there to use????

I'm a fan of the "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" chant if the goalie lets in a questionable goal. I feel like that chant cuts deep if the goalie is already thinking they should have had that one.

"Winnipeg is Good! Winnipeg is Good!" I'm surprised this hasn't been a chant yet. (Maybe after a Laine Goal.)

Just don't heckle Eric Stall. He rips us a new one every time we do.

Last edited:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Remember what we used to do at Bomber games?

Sung to the tune of 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic':

Oh I'd rather be a Bomber
than a f)*@king Roughrider
'Cause the Roughriders suck s*$@!
Glory, glory Blue Bombers!

'Cause the Roughriders suck s*$@!

Kind of tough to make it work with a two syllable moniker like 'Wild' though. Maybe torture 'Minnesota' to make it work? (Metaphorically torture just to be clear):

Oh I'd rather be a Winnipeg Jet
than from Minnesota
than from Minnesota
than from Minnesota
'Cause the Wiiillldd suck s*$@!
Glory, glory Winnipeg Jets!

'Cause the Wiiillldd suck s*$@!

Not to get ahead of ourselves but it works well with Nashville:

than a Predator
than a Predator
than a Predator
'Cause the Predators suck s*$@!

'Cause the Predators suck s*$@!

15000+ Jets fans singing that would be pretty cool, no?

m.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
Plus The Battle Hymn of the Republic is the quintessentially American battle song so it would have a bit of a trolling element to it.

m.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009

We are (Clap Clap) Winnipeg (Clap Clap Clap) is good too. (Kinda corporate but who cares.)

I've always thought the bombers song could work to be sung during the games:

I'd rather be a Je-et than a Min-eh-so-ta Wild
'cause the Min - ehsota Wild suck s***!

(I though you could emphasize the "eh's" to be Canadian and annoying to wild fans. I'd don't know if the cursing would go over but it's a pretty fun song to sing along to once you've had a few and people in Winnipeg already know the tune)

{snip}

LOL this is what happens when I skip over parts of the thread!

m.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
There has been few moments in my life more chilling than the 3+ minute long "Go Jets Go" chant during game 4 of the playoffs a few seasons back, over the commercial time out.

The chant is fine, you just need to use it more effectively.

(That being said, a "You're the North Stars!" chant would be amusing...)

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Minni just doesn't have any good insults that stick out like other teams. I'm sure someone clever will come up with something, but I can't even think of anything on anything to target.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG

These two are the best in the thread so far, IMO.

I especially like the We Are Winnipeg chant because it would sound really good, especially in the whiteout. Would be very intimidating, I think.

While Go Jets Go is classic there are two problems with it:

1. Timing. Because it's a bit short and there are no claps involved, a lot of the time different parts of the arena get out of sync with Go Jets Go, and it takes time to get back into sync.
2. Oxygen. Go Jets Go is sometimes chanted too fast, which doesn't give much time to breath. This is part of the reason the GJG chants lose steam quickly.

My vote goes to:

We ARE clap-clap WINNIPEG! Clap-clap-clap

This should be used in conjunction with Go Jets Go, IMO.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
There has been few moments in my life more chilling than the 3+ minute long "Go Jets Go" chant during game 4 of the playoffs a few seasons back, over the commercial time out.

The chant is fine, you just need to use it more effectively.

(That being said, a "You're the North Stars!" chant would be amusing...)

And right after Mark Stuart scored to bring the Jets back into the game. I was there for game 1, I was there for the first win, that's the loudest I've heard the arena.

North stars chant is dumb. But it would be funny seeing the overreaction here when wild fans chanted "you're the thrashers" back at us :laugh:

I like "what's a wild"

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
And right after Mark Stuart scored to bring the Jets back into the game. I was there for game 1, I was there for the first win, that's the loudest I've heard the arena.

North stars chant is dumb. But it would be funny seeing the overreaction here when wild fans chanted "you're the thrashers" back at us :laugh:

I like "what's a wild"

Calling them the North Stars would be funny. But let's reason this out.

Minnesota lost their franchise to Dallas who kept the "Stars" as their team name.

Thus calling us Thrashers makes no sense, it would be our lost franchise they would chant.

But since he Coyotes are the Jets they'd be simply calling us the Jets! Ha!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Calling them the North Stars would be funny. But let's reason this out.

Minnesota lost their franchise to Dallas who kept the "Stars" as their team name.

Thus calling us Thrashers makes no sense, it would be our lost franchise they would chant.

But since he Coyotes are the Jets they'd be simply calling us the Jets! Ha!

It's about what they would reply with, not what makes sense.

And also what would get the biggest rise out of people.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
These chants aren't offensive enough. We need to emulate something like Nashville with the "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Now THAT stuff works.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah, I don't think we, of all fan bases, need to be taunting a team/city for losing their franchise by calling them by the old team etc.

What's a Wild could work. To be honest, they are such a bland, vanilla team in my opinion without any standout personalities it's pretty hard to come up with a decent chant that could get to any of them. It's much easier when there is a bonafide superstar to heckle. That's why stuff like "Mario's poolboy" and "Crosby's better" work so well.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
What's that green stain? Clap, clap, clap clap clap!

Day-105-of-365-MN-Wild-Pep-Rally-600x337.jpg

m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad