Proposal: Proposal Hudon vs Sprong

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's not really how it works.

Technically yes, but most teams don't want to add a contract without getting rid of one. Especially when talking about players on the waiver wire.

Also, this (along with the possibility of stashing the players in the AHL).

Reactions: Tuggy

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
They both could have been claimed off waivers, if either team wanted either player.
I dont want to claim him and keep him with the NHL club.
Last year we traded Valiev+Taormina vs Kulak, all cleared waivers.
We also traded for Olofsson who cleared waivers with the Wild, We sent Bitner, to send a contract and not having To keep him with the nhl team.

Reactions: Vachon23

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
I dont want to claim him and keep him with the NHL club.
Last year we traded Valiev+Taormina vs Kulak, all cleared waivers.
We also traded for Olofsson who cleared waivers with the Wild, We sent Bitner, to send a contract and not having To keep him with the nhl team.

Ahhh thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that if a player is claimed he needs to stay with the big club. Makes sense now for a trade.

Reactions: angry pirate

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hudon is 3 years older than Sprong, was much less productive last year than Sprong and has a lower upside than Sprong, yet you think 1 for 1 is a fair trade?

Reactions: mymerlincat

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hudon is 3 years older than Sprong, was much less productive last year than Sprong and has a lower upside than Sprong, yet you think 1 for 1 is a fair trade?
Why isn't Sprong on the opening day roster? Hudon wasn't quite good enough to make the Habs roster but he didn't have a bad camp. Sprong couldn't make the roster of a bottom five team for some reason. Is there more to why he was cut that would make the age and production discrepancy even out?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why isn't Sprong on the opening day roster? Hudon wasn't quite good enough to make the Habs roster but he didn't have a bad camp. Sprong couldn't make the roster of a bottom five team for some reason. Is there more to why he was cut that would make the age and production discrepancy even out?

I think Ducks fans would be able to answer that better than me. My guess is that the Ducks are extremely deep with young wingers and Sprong still has an incredibly 1-dimensional game (due to the Penguins rushing him to the NHL years back), so they wanted him to go to the AHL to work on his all-around game.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Alright we'll add a conditional 7th. Keep in mind nobody wanted Sprong out of waivers. Both have really low value.

Reactions: Carl182

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's really stupid that such a young player has to clear waivers.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

You think 2 players who passed through waivers are really all that different ?

Neither is really a good player at this point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You think 2 players who passed through waivers are really all that different ?

Neither is really a good player at this point.

Who cares what their arbitrary "value" is? A trade proposal involves convincing another team to trade their piece to you. This isn't grocery shopping, this is bartering. What does Hudon provide for the Ducks that would make them say yes to this trade?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No, it isn't. Because "such young players" want to play in the NHL as well.

Players that are Sprong's age are usually not subject to waivers. Sprong is because of he was mismanaged in his D+1 season.

Also, it's not like it changed anything in Sprong's case.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Who cares what their arbitrary "value" is? A trade proposal involves convincing another team to trade their piece to you. This isn't grocery shopping, this is bartering. What does Hudon provide for the Ducks that would make them say yes to this trade?

Hudon is a decent playmaker who can player center in a pinch and whose game is better rounded than Sprong (which doesn't say much).

And of course this trade only makes sense if the Ducks want to "get rid" of Sprong. Also, Hudon is on a 1-way deal, which doesn't matter for Montreal but probably does for Anaheim.

It's not a deal I'd make if I was GM of the Ducks, but it's not completely stupid either.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
First of all, sorry that my proposal caused you so much distress.
Hudon being 3 years older this is a fact that I was aware of when I made the proposal.
I dont see much value in both players.
It was more like a change of air for 2 players who dont have a place in their respective club.
Hudon career High sas 10 goals 20 assists in 72 games in 17-18, while Strong career is 14 goals and 9 assists in 63 games last season.
Hudon is more a playmaker and Strong a goal scorer (witch MTL lacks)
Hudon is left handed and Sprong right handed (witch MTL lacks)
I really thought a deal could work around these 2 players, mabye add some conditionnals picks To balance it out.
It was my first proposal, once again I'm very sorry.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hudon being 3 years older this is a fact that I was aware of when I made the proposal.
It was more like a change of air for 2 players who dont have a place in their respective club.
Hudon career High sas 10 goals 20 assists in 72 games in 17-18, while Strong career is 14 goals and 9 assists in 63 games last season.
I really thought a deal could work around these 2 players, mabye add some conditionnals picks To balance it out.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just confused on why it was 1 for 1 :laugh:

I just don't see what Hudon does for the Ducks at the cost of Sprong. I feel like draft picks for Sprong or another prospect for Sprong is more workable than Hudon, who probably isn't going to get much better than he is now. Maybe one of Montreal's RD prospects for Sprong would work?

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just confused on why it was 1 for 1 :laugh:

I just don't see what Hudon does for the Ducks at the cost of Sprong. I feel like draft picks for Sprong or another prospect for Sprong is more workable than Hudon, who probably isn't going to get much better than he is now. Maybe one of Montreal's RD prospects for Sprong would work?
I dont really want Sprong, was looking To give Hudon a chance elsewhereb y swaping similar waivers players. Guldobin, Dano or Petan would be other possible targets but Sprong is the only right handed shooter.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I dont really want Sprong, was looking To give Hudon a chance elsewhereb y swaping similar waivers players. Guldobin, Dano or Petan would be other possible targets but Sprong is the only right handed shooter.
Pardon my english, its not my first language.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

What does Sprong provide the ducks ?

If they rather keep their crap than someone else's crap, go for it. If they think they can use Hudon more.

This would be a change of scenario for both.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im open to moving sprong… but id probably prefer a RHD like Honka(maybe Bear).

No interest in hudon, plus I think sprong is much better player than hudon.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You do realize that the Ducks aren’t here to just help fix Montreal’s issues right? You’ve completely ignored why the Ducks would make this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad