Proposal for burgers on the ice

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The team just ought to make announcements during TV timeouts on the matter if they think this is going to be an issue going forward

I'm also very much in favour of selling plastic ones with proceeds going to a charity (or colon cancer research as a nod to Murray could be a nice gesture?)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If people wanna throw burgers let them throw burgers. Scold them over the PA if need be, but geeze let people have some fun for once.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah you could leave that burger on the ice for several years and the burger wouldnt have even degraded at all. Actually the fake plastic burger will probably degrade faster.

mcdonalds fries will last forever. Saw a video online about a guy who put them in a mason jar for nearly a year and they looked pristine, just a little dusty. lol

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's too bad that's a Tuesday game. Weekend I'd actually consider going for it.

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
If people wanna throw burgers let them throw burgers. Scold them over the PA if need be, but geeze let people have some fun for once.

This. Hearing the announcer tell fans to stop littering the ice yesterday was annoying. Florida had the plastic rats in the 96 cup run, let Ottawa have the hamburgers.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The thing is it was kind of unsafe in a way because I realized when the people i was unassociated with were throwing them from the 300's not all of them were making it to the ice, so they may or may not have got people in the 100's.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This. Hearing the announcer tell fans to stop littering the ice yesterday was annoying. Florida had the plastic rats in the 96 cup run, let Ottawa have the hamburgers.

For the last time...

The franchise is TOTALLY cool with people throwing burgers AFTER THE GAME. During play, the NHL (THE LEAGUE) has mandated that throwing things on the ice DURING the game can result in a delay of game penalty. Few refs call it because, usually, it consists of one octopus hitting the ice, or one catfish, but if the ice gets littered by burgers, that stops the game and requires time to clean up. An annoyed ref has the right to give a penalty. The last thing we need is for the Sens to score with a minute left to take the lead, have a crap ton of burgers fly on the ice, then have some overzealous official award the other team a 2 minute PP to end the game.

I doubt Stuntman Stu really gave a flying **** about the rule when he announced it, but he HAD to announce it due to league policy.

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
For the last time...

The franchise is TOTALLY cool with people throwing burgers AFTER THE GAME. During play, the NHL (THE LEAGUE) has mandated that throwing things on the ice DURING the game can result in a delay of game penalty. Few refs call it because, usually, it consists of one octopus hitting the ice, or one catfish, but if the ice gets littered by burgers, that stops the game and requires time to clean up. An annoyed ref has the right to give a penalty. The last thing we need is for the Sens to score with a minute left to take the lead, have a crap ton of burgers fly on the ice, then have some overzealous official award the other team a 2 minute PP to end the game.

I doubt Stuntman Stu really gave a flying **** about the rule when he announced it, but he HAD to announce it due to league policy.

Ok my bad, didn't know it was a league rule.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
The thing is it was kind of unsafe in a way because I realized when the people i was unassociated with were throwing them from the 300's not all of them were making it to the ice, so they may or may not have got people in the 100's.

I laughed when reading picturing it and I sit 100 pretty often xD

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa

lmao, a hamburger to the head isn't going to hurt anyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad