Proposal for burgers on the ice

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Its more complicated than that lol :laugh:

How? As long as the game is over, there really shouldn't be a problem.

If the ctc doesn't want fans throwing real burgers, then let them buy fake plastic burgers to throw them.

I am sure Melnyk would love to get extra money.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
How? As long as the game is over, there really shouldn't be a problem.

If the ctc doesn't want fans throwing real burgers, then let them buy fake plastic burgers to throw them.

I am sure Melnyk would love to get extra money.

Someone threw a burger with 18 seconds left. Guessing it was our own MK who did it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Someone threw a burger with 18 seconds left. Guessing it was our own MK who did it.

I don't know why, but i found what the announcer said to be quite funny honestly. If you don't stop throwing things on the ice, the home team will get a penalty or something like that.

Well there is 18 seconds left, why should we care that we get a penalty. :laugh:

SenatorArmy*

Tonight I had no problem with the burgers being thrown when they were...it was a huge moment and emotionally it felt like the right time to happen since its such a pivotal game. Ideally though yes, the end of the game would be better.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I don't know why, but i found what the announcer said to be quite funny honestly. If you don't stop throwing things on the ice, the home team will get a penalty or something like that.

Well there is 18 seconds left, why should we care that we get a penalty. :laugh:

Because the next step is the home team forfeits the game.
It's actually been threatened in Detroit with the octopi.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Because the next step is the home team forfeits the game.
It's actually been threatened in Detroit with the octopi.

Dang, then what is to stop away fans from dressing up as home fans and keep on throwing **** on the ice until the home team is forced to forfeit the game?

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
make them a $1 each. that way everyone will buy them and rain the ice with them.

Then scoop them up and reuse them next game

or make them $5 if its a one time thing

$2 gets you a reusable burger at the gate. Fans then chuck them all onto the ice after the game after which the Sens brass scoops them all up, washes them off and then resells! Everyone wins

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
$2 gets you a reusable burger at the gate. Fans then chuck them all onto the ice after the game after which the Sens brass scoops them all up, washes them off and then resells! Everyone wins

I have visions of all the 100 level fans getting pelted by plastic burgers from 300 level fans thinking they can make it onto the ice.... Heck some 100 level fans couldn't throw the plastic burgers and make it over the glass, onto the ice.

I imagine they could also be used to pelt annoying Leaf fans as well. Not that something like that would ever happen at an event where alcohol and obnoxious, delusional opposing fans were present.

Always a great idea when they're sold at the venue with the intent for them to actually be thrown.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Platic burger and food bank donation is a nice idea, but part of the appeal is to be a bit of a scofflaw. What the Sens did today with open practice and food bank donation is more effective charity drive, IMO.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Quite the moral dilemma.

On one hand, you want to be throwing real burgers. The authenticity makes that moment so much better.

however

On the other hand, most of you burger throwers are buying McDonalds burgers. So not only are you feeding profits into a large faceless corporation, you would be wasting the food by it not being eaten...unless of course your burger lands next to Lazar.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

I like this idea... could use the money for charity or use half for charity and half for running CTC.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It is a bit of a waste of food. Fake burgers would go a lot further and be used as a token towards other things instead of just waste. The burger thing is a great concept but I think there needs to be revision. Imagine the Panthers fans throwing real rats all over the ice...

ya wasting food isn't good

It is kind of a waste, but I don't think it's a big deal if it's bought and paid for by you (ya ya, political correctness, whatever). It's a consumable product you purchase, and what you do with it is up to you. I don't consider throwing a Jr Chicken or a McDouble on the ice to be a big deal, but but I suppose I can see how others would see it differently. Regardless, if this burger throwing trend continues, it's a big can of worms waiting to be opened.

Are McDonalds burgers officially food now?

This guy.. a real jokester. :p:

I don't know if I am gonna get in trouble for this but 23 of those burgers were mine !

Hell im confident Lazar ate one of the burgers I paid for,

Life = Made

Of all people on this board, it does not surprise me one bit that you threw twenty three hamburgers on the ice :laugh:. Was it worth the $40+ or whatever you wasted on it? And why 23?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The problem with artificial burgers is it almost feels forced.

The problem with real burgers is food waste and cleanup.

It needs to be made clear that the burgers - artificial or real - should really not be thrown until after the final buzzer.

-either way - the sens organization and the NHL are loving the burger throwing - Hammond picking up the burger was a huge deal, the hamburglar masks, and now Lazar eating the burger is the headliner on NHL.com. They love the publicity.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have visions of all the 100 level fans getting pelted by plastic burgers from 300 level fans thinking they can make it onto the ice.... Heck some 100 level fans couldn't throw the plastic burgers and make it over the glass, onto the ice.

I imagine they could also be used to pelt annoying Leaf fans as well. Not that something like that would ever happen at an event where alcohol and obnoxious, delusional opposing fans were present.

Always a great idea when they're sold at the venue with the intent for them to actually be thrown.

Never stopped the masses from tossing hats from all over the arena. I'm sure a lot of rich folks in the 100s have been whacked by someones smelly hat a few times.

If it's really a concern, it's easily doable to have really soft plastic toys made up (soft as in baby toys) or even spongey styrofoam/nerf type material.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tonight I had no problem with the burgers being thrown when they were...it was a huge moment and emotionally it felt like the right time to happen since its such a pivotal game. Ideally though yes, the end of the game would be better.

:handclap:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah you could leave that burger on the ice for several years and the burger wouldnt have even degraded at all. Actually the fake plastic burger will probably degrade faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad