Prop bets: What will be Sweet Lou's next miracle?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
How about acquiring a roster asset that isn't a cap dump or one year place holder?

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
How about acquiring a roster asset that isn't a cap dump or one year place holder?

I think that will be the plan at the next TD, but for the most part, we are getting roster players from internal development rather than trade acquisition.

The picks are being used to keep a continuous supply of talent in the system, so that we don't have an aging core with big gaps in development for the prospects.

I think we will see a more fluid lineup in future years, where guys a moved out earlier (even during prime years) because there will be enough talent in the pipeline to warrant it. Maybe that's being too hopeful though.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
We had to gobble up AHL & press box player salaries (aka salary dumps) to move DP, no?

Phaneuf had 5 years left at $7mill. the guys we got all expire after next season.

Leafs are resetting the cap to pay true stars.....*cough* Stamkos *cough*

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think that will be the plan at the next TD, but for the most part, we are getting roster players from internal development rather than trade acquisition.

The picks are being used to keep a continuous supply of talent in the system, so that we don't have an aging core with big gaps in development for the prospects.

I think we will see a more fluid lineup in future years, where guys a moved out earlier (even during prime years) because there will be enough talent in the pipeline to warrant it. Maybe that's being too hopeful though.

Well thats the whole idea of the rebuild right there. You shouldn't consider that being too hopeful one bit.

It kind of just takes care of itself depending on the amount and quality of your system. The better it is the more cap issues that evolve and you keep your best core and trade talent to replenish the system. I think we are heading for that route all along since the rebuild was announced.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We had to gobble up AHL & press box player salaries (aka salary dumps) to move DP, no?

Michalek could be a nice deadline piece next year at this time. We need a veteran winger anyway and the guy can flat out play when he is healthy. The guy is injured alot because of the way he plays defensively. He jumps in front of shots without doubting it. He is a good example to have around because he competes every game. This guy doesn't take games off. He would be a nice winger for Kadri here this season if he gets back.

This index finger injury has been going on since dec 1st though. Came back 8 games in the new year and has been out since. Next player going for surgery i guess.

Last edited:

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I have a feeling we see a Lupul + Bernier for Mike Smith + trade in the off-season.

Trade Reimer for asset + backup this deadline and roll with Crazy Mike and other goalie for a few seasons.

Scratch

Jan 3, 2016
Moves Parenteau and a throw in (minor prospect) for a 1st rd. pick
Flip the Pittsburgh 1st rounder and new 1st rd. pick to move up in draft for a top 8-12 pick.
Trades Kadri for a major haul... prospect and picks.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I have a feeling we see a Lupul + Bernier for Mike Smith + trade in the off-season.

Trade Reimer for asset + backup this deadline and roll with Crazy Mike and other goalie for a few seasons.
Smith is not the same goalie. This year and last hes been well below league average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad