News Article: Pronman's pipeline rankings *new* added individual player rankings

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah cause HF is such a great example of how smart and thoughtful the average hockey fan is!

I have no issues with saying Timmy's puck skills aren't that noteable. He hasn't been particularly flashy with the puck so far.
I find he's more efficient than flashy, but he does have those flashy tricks up his sleeve if needed. Unless you're watching him every night, I wouldn't blame you for thinking he's got average puck skills. These days most players have better puck skills than you'd think,

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have no issues with saying Timmy's puck skills aren't that noteable. He hasn't been particularly flashy with the puck so far.

I’d have issue with it. I don’t know how you can watch him control the puck in small areas and think that’s anything but high end.

Reactions: Psycroptic86

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I’d have issue with it. I don’t know how you can watch him control the puck in small areas and think that’s anything but high end.
Not to mention what we've seen him do in the neutral zone at high speed

Reactions: Korpse

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just a reminder to stay on topic, thread is to discuss Pronman's org pipeline and U23 rankings, not whether athletic subscriptions are worth it or how to get around paywalls.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A quick summary of how each team fared in the player rankings

Team​
Tier​
Count - Player​
Anaheim​
1​
1​
4​
2​
5​
1​
6​
5​
Anaheim Count - Player
Arizona​
3​
1​
4​
1​
5​
1​
6​
4​
Arizona Count - Player
Boston​
6​
1​
Boston Count - Player
Buffalo​
2​
1​
3​
2​
4​
2​
5​
2​
6​
4​
Buffalo Count - Player
Calgary​
6​
4​
Calgary Count - Player
Carolina​
2​
2​
5​
2​
6​
2​
Carolina Count - Player
Chicago​
4​
1​
6​
3​
Chicago Count - Player
Colorado​
3​
1​
5​
1​
6​
2​
Colorado Count - Player
Columbus​
4​
2​
5​
3​
6​
3​
Columbus Count - Player
Dallas​
5​
4​
6​
1​
Dallas Count - Player
Detroit​
1​
1​
2​
1​
4​
1​
5​
1​
6​
5​
Detroit Count - Player
Edmonton​
3​
1​
6​
5​
Edmonton Count - Player
Florida​
4​
2​
6​
1​
Florida Count - Player
Los Angeles​
4​
2​
6​
6​
Los Angeles Count - Player
Minnesota​
4​
1​
5​
5​
6​
3​
Minnesota Count - Player
Montreal​
3​
1​
4​
2​
6​
5​
Montreal Count - Player
Nashville​
5​
2​
6​
1​
Nashville Count - Player
New Jersey​
1​
1​
2​
1​
4​
1​
5​
2​
6​
2​
New Jersey Count - Player
New York Islanders​
4​
1​
6​
4​
New York Islanders Count - Player
New York Rangers​
2​
1​
5​
2​
6​
4​
New York Rangers Count - Player
Ottawa​
1​
1​
2​
1​
4​
1​
5​
1​
6​
2​
Ottawa Count - Player
Philadelphia​
4​
1​
5​
1​
6​
1​
Philadelphia Count - Player
Pittsburgh​
6​
2​
Pittsburgh Count - Player
San Jose​
5​
1​
6​
4​
San Jose Count - Player
Seattle​
3​
2​
6​
1​
Seattle Count - Player
St. Louis​
6​
3​
St. Louis Count - Player
Tampa Bay​
6​
1​
Tampa Bay Count - Player
Toronto​
5​
2​
6​
2​
Toronto Count - Player
Vancouver​
1​
1​
5​
1​
6​
2​
Vancouver Count - Player
Vegas​
5​
1​
6​
3​
Vegas Count - Player
Washington​
4​
1​
6​
4​
Washington Count - Player
Winnipeg​
4​
1​
6​
5​
Winnipeg Count - Player
Total Result

Team Totals
11​
9​
9​
9​
8​
8​
8​
7​
7​
7​
6​
6​
6​
6​
5​
5​
5​
5​
4​
4​
4​
4​
4​
4​
3​
3​
3​
3​
3​
2​
1​
1​

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Pronman joined the LOSP guys to explain his rankings. Always nice to see a guy willing to stand behind his work and face the music.

Might be worth a watch for those who trash his rankings while refusing to read his stuff.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
5. Tkachuk, 8. Stützle, 27. Sanderson, 66. Pinto, 128. Greig, 130. Sokolov

Re-thinking about this, the first 5 would be a major consensus although in a slightly different order. I'd have it like this :

Tim Stützle
Jake Sanderson
Brady Tkachuk
Ridly Greig
Shane Pinto

But Sokolov as our 6th best u-23 is quite surprising. We have voted all of these guys above Sokolov in the pool :

Mads Søgaard
Lassi Thomson
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Zack Ostapchuk
Tyler Boucher
Tyler Kleven
Roby Jarventie

I think Søgaard, Thomson, Bernard-Docker and Jarventie are significantly better prospects. Others are arguable for different factors and for Ostapchuk it's probably just a matter of time. What does that means? Well, at least 4 other guys should be ranked in that top-170 or very close to it.

"Only" 6 guys in that top-170 says that Ottawa is average in terms of young talent... which is weird because even Sens haters recognize that they are among the richest in terms of young talent...

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Pronman joined the LOSP guys to explain his rankings. Always nice to see a guy willing to stand behind his work and face the music.

Might be worth a watch for those who trash his rankings while refusing to read his stuff.

I think you misunderstand - I don’t think his work is trashy because I haven’t read it … I think it’s trashy because of what I have read.

In other words, if you agree and like what you read from him we have different views on the same subject. There are probably players you think are good and I disagree with too. No big deal.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think you misunderstand - I don’t think his work is trashy because I haven’t read it … I think it’s trashy because of what I have read.

In other words, if you agree and like what you read from him we have different views on the same subject. There are probably players you think are good and I disagree with too. No big deal.

You literally said you didn’t read it because it was behind a paywall:

Me neither ... mainly because it’s behind a pay wall.
You then said you wouldn’t bother paying because « these articles are riddled with bias and holes » presumably without having read it.
Yes … I like the Sens and I’m happy to spend money on them. $600 is a great starting spot if you want to go to a couple of games. I like coffee too, happy to buy good coffee.

These articles are riddled with bias and holes - I’ll pass and save a buck.

Pronman’s evaluation here is trash.

I don’t know how to interpret « his evaluation here » in a thread about a specific article, other than to mean you are commenting about this specific article. Maybe you read the link someone posted after posting the other messages yesterday?

I definitely don’t agree with his all of his evaluations. Like you I strongly disagree with Stützle having « NHL average » stick handling, I also very strongly disagree with Sanderson having « NHL average » skating, that’s bonkers IMO. I do however appreciate the work that goes into making such a ranking and take the time to read it before calling the evaluations trash.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You literally said you didn’t read it because it was behind a paywall:

You then said you wouldn’t bother paying because « these articles are riddled with bias and holes » presumably without having read it.

I don’t know how to interpret « his evaluation here » in a thread about a specific article, other than to mean you are commenting about this specific article. Maybe you read the link someone posted after posting the other messages yesterday?

I definitely don’t agree with his all of his evaluations. Like you I strongly disagree with Stützle having « NHL average » stick handling, I also very strongly disagree with Sanderson having « NHL average » skating, that’s bonkers IMO. I do however appreciate the work that goes into making such a ranking and take the time to read it before calling the evaluations trash.

Most of the specific comments I made about the article and the author were erased …

I don’t have to like or appreciate his work. Think how many people have called Dorion stupid. I don’t think he is stupid - I just don’t like the motivation I feel is behind his writing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad