News Article: Pronman has Rangers org ranked #1

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I see Buchnevich headed to montreal

the islanders don’t have money for Hoffman. They’re going to have to get wahlstrom into the lineup and hope he can produce on the powerplay

what are you bringing back?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I see Buchnevich headed to montreal
As of when? I doubt he is going this year. At least not to start. The RW situation is fairly thin, unless someone like a Kreider can make the transition and that is no small task. Also, if he is traded it is going to be for something that augments the starting line up. Maybe not exactly production for production but certainly to diversify the line up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just my opinion but I think he’s going and soon I think Danault is a real possibility and I think Kreider will be moving to right wing and right away.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Just my opinion but I think he’s going and soon I think Danault is a real possibility and I think Kreider will be moving to right wing and right away.

I think Lindholm is the more likely target. And Buch is more likely headed to Calgary. I felt this way about Trouba last year, and my gut feeling is the same about a deal with Calgary this off-season.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

wishful hoping but we will see. Laf cannot be the 3rd line LW for years (and likely not one year).

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think Lindholm is they more likely target. And Buch is more likely headed to Calgary. I felt this way about Trouba last year, and my gut feeling is the same about a deal with Calgary this off-season.

what do you see coming back from Calgary? (Edit) Lindholm. I read it thinking of the Rangers 2nd Round goalie reach )

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They cannot head into a season with Kreider being written in as RW. Position switches are not easy, despite what some (not saying you specifically) on the board think. Danault does something, but loosing a 55 point RW is not that easy to stomach.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wishful hoping but we will see. Laf cannot be the 3rd line LW for years (and likely not one year).
There have been plenty of prospects that started their career on the bottom 2 lines He and Kakko can be no different. There is nothing to indicate that they deserve to be handed everything.
what do you see coming back from Calgary?
He lays it out for you right in the post

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They cannot head into a season with Kreider being written in as RW. Position switches are not easy, despite what some (not saying you specifically) on the board think. Danault does something, but loosing a 55 point RW is not that easy to stomach.

thats hardly a position switch. He’s played right wing plenty of times thru out his career. They did it multiple times last year. He’s not going from wing to center here.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
most of our young forwards and LD are big...the fact that they are still basically teenagers doesn't mean that we ignored this need.

and tampa was known as SOFT until this year. their skilled players weren't known for being physical. they got swept last year by columbus and everyone said that they got punched in the mouth and crumbled cause they were soft. and then they went out and completely changed the role players on their team. NONE of the skilled players changed, but they added better and tougher support and that made the team tougher.

a year ago you would have been using tampa as the example of the type of team we need to avoid and then they did exactly what we are talking about doing...

and NO ONE is saying adding goons that can't play...but there is no arguing that middle 6 depth is easier to get that elite talent.

Tampa definitely improved their roster, but having insane depth, a great D, and a franchise goalie helped more. When a talent like Cirelli is that low on a depth chart, you're loaded.

When Kucherov, arguably their best player, can play physically, it helps. The maturation of their D, which is huge, physical, and mobile, has been their biggest improvement, to me.

Rangers fans are hoping that Miller becomes a talented, physical D. We are far from sure about that happening and it might be a while. Lindgren has the right attitude, but he needs to get a lot stronger. He often got overpowered in the crease.

Unless your talented players can play physically, you're going nowhere. The current Rangers roster, both at forward and D, fall woefully short of that. Fast leaving will make it worse.

Smart moves will help, but the Cap won't. Gorton is going to have to get creative and take chances by dealing some assets away.

I believe the Rangers are a Cup contender next season if just a few improvements happen, so it's not like I'm unhappy with the direction of the franchise.

Reactions: Leetch3

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thats hardly a position switch. He’s played right wing plenty of times thru out his career. They did it multiple times last year. He’s not going from wing to center here.
Playing "wing" is not a generic thing. LW is different than RW. You see the ice differently, you use the boards differently, what you look for when you skate backwards is different.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Pronman's new article today, biggest needs for all NHL teams in the upcoming draft: Pronman: Biggest need for all 31 teams in the 2020 NHL Draft

He has us as a needing a goalie lol

New York Rangers: Goaltender
The Rangers were the No. 1 ranked organization in young talent going into the draft in large part because of their organizational depth at all positions. Igor Shesterkin barely missed as a graduate when I did that ranking, but even though he’s a top prospect, he will also be 25 by the time next season starts, so they could use some depth as insurance with the iffy development of Olof Lindbom. I could also buy center as the position they need to shore up if you don’t think Filip Chytil can play the middle.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Playing "wing" is not a generic thing. LW is different than RW. You see the ice differently, you use the boards differently, what you look for when you skate backwards is different.

Ughhhh again he’s played plenty of right wing without any issue. This isn’t new they have zero hesitation to move him there. This isn’t a guy that hasn’t played RW ever otherwise yes that would be potentially an issue

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pronman's new article today, biggest needs for all NHL teams in the upcoming draft: Pronman: Biggest need for all 31 teams in the 2020 NHL Draft

He has us as a needing a goalie lol

I gotta tell you he’s not completely wrong. God forbid something happened to Shesterkin or he doesn’t do what we all think he’s going to do, if Askarov is still sitting there at 22 he’s the bpa I think teams with multiple firsts will be the ones looking at him. He’s a top 5 player in this draft

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ughhhh again he’s played plenty of right wing without any issue. This isn’t new they have zero hesitation to move him there. This isn’t a guy that hasn’t played RW ever otherwise yes that would be potentially an issue
Where is this tons of time that he has played RW?

And the "zero hesitation" is nothing but pure speculation.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
There have been plenty of prospects that started their career on the bottom 2 lines He and Kakko can be no different. There is nothing to indicate that they deserve to be handed everything.

He lays it out for you right in the post

He’s posting about Kreider playing the right side (wishful hoping) There is nothing indicating Laf would be handed anything.

I read it thinking of the Rangers 2nd Round goalie reach

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I gotta tell you he’s not completely wrong. God forbid something happened to Shesterkin or he doesn’t do what we all think he’s going to do, if Askarov is still sitting there at 22 he’s the bpa I think teams with multiple firsts will be the ones looking at him. He’s a top 5 player in this draft

This is why I want to keep Georgiev if at all possible. Maybe the team can work something out with Lundqvist that would be acceptable to both parties and he would waive his NMC and the Rangers could retain some. I don't know. It would just be great to have a Shesty- Georgiev tandem.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

he is wrong unless the Rangers trade the pick. Com’on, the goalie market is flooded and if top 5 pick slips to 22 that says a lot about the demand. The Rangers already have the supply.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I understand the logic but I still think center is comfortably our biggest organizational need.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

if he falls to 22, he is probably head and shoulders the best player left on the board but I don't think that is likely....I think more likely we would be looking to use a mid/late round pick to find a goalie who can bake in europe or college for a few years.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

If he can accept a pass on his back hand in full stride, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hes more of a shooting threat as a player and playing on the right side would benefit that part of his game

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

When you say plenty in his career what do you refer to? I remember last season he occasionally play RW when the Rangers were trying Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider , but even last season it wasn't more minutes than Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich or Panarin - Zibanejad - Fast.

In seasons before that I only remember other wingers Nash / Zuke etc moved around while Kreider stayed at LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad