News Article: Pronman has Rangers org ranked #1

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s posting about Kreider playing the right side (wishful hoping) There is nothing indicating Laf would be handed anything.

I read it thinking of the Rangers 2nd Round goalie reach
Jas posted about the return from Calgary and nothing about Kreider playing the right side.

Handing is a term. Any prospect needs to prove that he is worthy of top-6 consideration before the cries of "can't keep him on the third line" should be going up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I gotta tell you he’s not completely wrong. God forbid something happened to Shesterkin or he doesn’t do what we all think he’s going to do, if Askarov is still sitting there at 22 he’s the bpa I think teams with multiple firsts will be the ones looking at him. He’s a top 5 player in this draft

Georgiev, Huska and Wall make it less of priority at the moment.

Askarov likely is taken before #22. IF not, sure I could see the Rangers taking HIM. Don't see them taking other goalie there.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Askarov turned 18 three months ago. Igor will be 25 in three months.

My only concern with taking Askarov at 22, (which we won’t because he won’t drop that far) is he’s left handed.

Left handed goalies freak me out. Not sure my brain can handle watching that for a long time without glitching out. :laugh:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Ughhhh again he’s played plenty of right wing without any issue. This isn’t new they have zero hesitation to move him there. This isn’t a guy that hasn’t played RW ever otherwise yes that would be potentially an issue
your wasting your breathe, ive made the argument on here multiple times that switching from left wing to right wing isnt as big of a deal as switching from wing to center, people seem to think its an impossible task

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
When you say plenty in his career what do you refer to? I remember last season he occasionally play RW when the Rangers were trying Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider , but even last season it wasn't more minutes than Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich or Panarin - Zibanejad - Fast.

In seasons before that I only remember other wingers Nash / Zuke etc moved around while Kreider stayed at LW.

no of course not because they needed him at lw and had a right wing. Why move him if you don’t have to. But he’s played right wing in college he’s played it at the pro level as you just suggested they did it at the end of the series when they wanted to load up the Top line and he scored. He prob played his best game of the 3. He’s not out of place as a RW.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
your wasting your breathe, ive made the argument on here multiple times that switching from left wing to right wing isnt as big of a deal as switching from wing to center, people seem to think its an impossible task

Not an "impossible" task but it's not a gimme either. Nobody ruled it out as a possibility but it does come with uncertainty. We don't need to go far to look for examples. Just look at how much Buchnevich struggled when he was tried at LW on a few occasions.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My only concern with taking Askarov at 22, (which we won’t because he won’t drop that far) is he’s left handed.
Why are you smiling?

Because I know something you don't know......I am not left handed!

Seriously, no concern about Askarov being a right or left. There is no chance of him being around at 22, but if he was, forget everyone else and pounce!

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Not an "impossible" task but it's not a gimme either. Nobody ruled it out as a possibility but it does come with uncertainty. We don't need to go far to look for examples. Just look at how much Buchnevich struggled when he was tried at LW on a few occasions.
kreider is a straight line player, it doesnt matter if he is on the left or right side, buch is more of an east-west player that relies on skill....they are completely different players

kreider beats you with speed out wide, its not like he will forget how to skate on the right side, either way any player given enough time can succeed on the opposite wing

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Why are you smiling?

Because I know something you don't know......I am not left handed!

Seriously, no concern about Askarov being a right or left. There is no chance of him being around at 22, but if he was, forget everyone else and pounce!
It was a joke lol. I have no concerns with him being a lefty.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Askarov likely is taken before #22. IF not, sure I could see the Rangers taking HIM. Don't see them taking other goalie there.

don’t forget the great reach, Olof Lindblom

Reactions: kovazub94

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

those kids are all older and none are potential star goaltenders. Look how long it took Shesterkin to get here.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
those kids are all older and none are potential star goaltenders. Look how long it took Shesterkin to get here.

Sure but I don't see the Rangers going after a goalie there, not that they won't attempt to get a goalie in a later round.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
At some point value and ROI wins out over depth.

If by some weird force of nature Askarov was still on the board at 22, the Rangers would have to give it an incredibly strong consideration.

But that's all hypothetical. I really can't see him lasting that long. There are far too many teams who would be looking for someone just like him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
At some point value and ROI wins out over depth.

If by some weird force of nature Askarov was still on the board at 22, the Rangers would have to give it an incredibly strong consideration.

But that's all hypothetical. I really can't see him lasting that long. There are far too many teams who would be looking for someone just like him.

thats really all I’m saying

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
btw Pronman was interviewed on the latest episode of Blueshirts Breakaway podcast to talk about this ranking and a number our prospects...

spoiler he seems to LOVE howden lol

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
meant to do this last week,
went back to article and scanned comments
to find his 'reasoning' for omitting Richards and Reunanen,

Richards: CP:"He's a competitor but I don't see the speed/skill for that size."
Reuanen: CP:"Can move and shoot the puck but skating is questionable."

those 2 would likely make my top 23 (article cites 23 guys) ahead of Kjellberg
and Rueschhoff (admittedly i know almost nothing about him except he signed and is tall with extended wingspan)

to me, Huska, Gettinger, Edstrom might be ahead of Kjellberg too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad